Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List - Page 132 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member



Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
  #1966  
Old 05-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is one better than the other or both will achieve the same purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
It's been used, yes. No it's not the same, it's a level converter.
Reply With Quote
  #1967  
Old 05-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone have issues with the double din being slightly too big for the JDM kit? I got a JDM double din and my pioneer radio seems to be just shy of sliding in nicely. It is too wide. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote
  #1968  
Old 05-03-2017, 12:09 AM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,701
Thanked 900 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
Is one better than the other or both will achieve the same purpose?
No. It's not the same. The one that does the purpose that's needed is in the shopping list.
Reply With Quote
  #1969  
Old 05-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,701
Thanked 900 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyGoWOT View Post
Anyone have issues with the double din being slightly too big for the JDM kit? I got a JDM double din and my pioneer radio seems to be just shy of sliding in nicely. It is too wide. Any recommendations?
The JDM kit is generally slightly too big left and right (and moderately too big top and bottom), needing something to fill the gap. If it's only a slight modification, just get some sandpaper in increasing grits, lay them on a flat surface and shave it down until it fits on the rough grit, then step through finer and finer grits until it's nice and smooth wherever you see the edge.
Reply With Quote
  #1970  
Old 05-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Urbanengineer's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pig Town, OHIO
Posts: 7,306
Thanked 574 Times in 541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
No. It's not the same. The one that does the purpose that's needed is in the shopping list.
But I would have to wait 2 days and spend $4 more...
Reply With Quote
  #1971  
Old 05-04-2017, 12:47 AM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,701
Thanked 900 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
But I would have to wait 2 days and spend $4 more...
$4????

Reply With Quote
  #1972  
Old 05-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was looking to replace the Bose head unit in my 2006 G35 coupe (no navigation) and was looking for suggestions for a mid-priced ($150-250) unit with cd, bluetooth, and and aux input.


I was also wondering if there was a reason most people on here go with DVD units? Are you watching movies or is it just for the large display?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1973  
Old 05-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,701
Thanked 900 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSlim View Post
I was looking to replace the Bose head unit in my 2006 G35 coupe (no navigation) and was looking for suggestions for a mid-priced ($150-250) unit with cd, bluetooth, and and aux input.


I was also wondering if there was a reason most people on here go with DVD units? Are you watching movies or is it just for the large display?

Thanks
$150 to 250 range, I'd go with the AVH-X390BS.
It's got dual bluetooth connections, so if you dual-phone, or share the car with somebody, you're not messing around with the bluetooth settings every time you swap.

DVD optical drives are the same price as a CD optical drive, so there's virtually no reason to use a CD drive in a unit anymore. The screen on the units makes doing anything with your phone connection (Pandora for me, mostly) or selecting satellite stations so much better. I've never watched a DVD on mine, no desire to.
Reply With Quote
  #1974  
Old 05-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. I just ordered it.

Is this stuff everything I'll need for installation?
Reply With Quote
  #1975  
Old 05-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Installation problems

How does anyone get the dash kit in? I can't get the top part to slide up far enough into the notch. It seems like there are too many cables and such with the PAC, where do you put them? I can't even get the stock one back in now.
Reply With Quote
  #1976  
Old 05-17-2017, 12:59 AM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,701
Thanked 900 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSlim View Post
Thanks. I just ordered it.

Is this stuff everything I'll need for installation?
Looks like it. The only thing you need is tools and solder & heatshrink.
Reply With Quote
  #1977  
Old 05-17-2017, 01:02 AM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,701
Thanked 900 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyGoWOT View Post
How does anyone get the dash kit in? I can't get the top part to slide up far enough into the notch. It seems like there are too many cables and such with the PAC, where do you put them? I can't even get the stock one back in now.
I can say with almost certainty you've got the top radio bracket (the long arm thing) going under the mount it gets screwed into. The tip of that bracket easily goes under, and its springiness when in that position makes it feel like there's too many cables behind the radio.
Reply With Quote
  #1978  
Old 05-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Installation Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
I can say with almost certainty you've got the top radio bracket (the long arm thing) going under the mount it gets screwed into. The tip of that bracket easily goes under, and its springiness when in that position makes it feel like there's too many cables behind the radio.
So to clarify my understanding, the top arm like piece on the radio bracket does not go under the bracket in the car, but rather on top of?
Reply With Quote
  #1979  
Old 05-18-2017, 11:39 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,701
Thanked 900 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyGoWOT View Post
So to clarify my understanding, the top arm like piece on the radio bracket does not go under the bracket in the car, but rather on top of?
Correct. It's SUPER easy to get the radio's (vertical) bracket under the (horizontal) one in the car.
Reply With Quote
  #1980  
Old 05-19-2017, 07:09 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Installation Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
Correct. It's SUPER easy to get the radio's (vertical) bracket under the (horizontal) one in the car.
You were right. Turns out that is what it was.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AC/Radio control modification WillisFL G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 2 12-29-2016 08:56 AM
Stillen gtr n-attack release! Team STILLEN General Media Share 4 08-10-2015 08:17 PM
Valve cover change - Oil on spark plug - compilation thread yassy G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 3 08-09-2015 07:31 PM


Tags
682607w000, 682607w010, 75501, 95, bose, din, double, forum, g35, install, metra, radio, reception, resources, wrathernaut

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, G35DRIVER.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send