Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
if you do not hook up the Amp trigger wire the (blue) you will get no sounds...I hooked it up to the blue/white wire also

Old 07-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Mystikal
if you do not hook up the Amp trigger wire the (blue) you will get no sounds...I hooked it up to the blue/white wire also
yeah its jsut a signal to the amp so when you cut the power off on the car, it cuts the signal off to the amp and it knows when to turn off. i have the remote wire for my Kenwood amp tapped off the cig lighter fuse. car turns on, my amp turns on. why? so if I ever need to troubleshoot my HU i can still wire my iPod av cables straight to my amp :P

Old 07-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
thanks a lot for this thread, it helped me out a TON and i will post some pics when i am completely done, car still needs some finishing touches like steering wheel control adapter, back up cam, hiding wires, etc. but, a couple notes ive noticed so far:

i did not do any soldering to the jdm dd adapter and my dual control still works, i can get hot air out the drivers side vents and cold air out the passenger side vents

before i say this thread, i ordered a pac steering wheel adapter, which ive found requires you to use some tiny resistors and seems like a pain. when reading the instructions for the axxess aswc, it seems much easier so i will be ordering that kit instead.

thanks again for this thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:09 PM
install went well...Have a few speed bumps...but other than that this is what I got..Thanks again for all your help

Attached Thumbnails Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-img_0521.jpg   Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-img_0522.jpg  
Old 07-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Mystikal
install went well...Have a few speed bumps...but other than that this is what I got..Thanks again for all your help
Looks like you didn't get the Scosche trim ring I have in the shopping list.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm glad you pointed that out, on this first picture i did the install without the ring, the second I did it with the ring. But I think I need to buy another one to fill in the "space" there's still a gap...the ring was installed onto the back of the double din. So I'll get another one and cut it to fill in the space on the outside then glue to the ring on the inside...if that makes sense...

Old 07-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just hooked up the PAC tr-7 video bypass corectly and it still isnt working.. i have the alpine w407 ( power and ground hooked up) brown wire was pulsed twice and the tr-7 flashed hooked up green wire to the remote turn on and blue wire to yellow/black footbrake wire and white wire to yellow/blue handbrake wire and turned car on and im still not able to watch movies/or setup my alpine's settings any ideas?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:14 PM
i just looked it up and it comes preprogramed and i didnt need to mess with the brown pulse wire... does anyone know how to reset the tr-7 bypassfor it to work for my alpine?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:30 AM
I just used switches

Old 07-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Night
i just hooked up the PAC tr-7 video bypass corectly and it still isnt working.. i have the alpine w407 ( power and ground hooked up) brown wire was pulsed twice and the tr-7 flashed hooked up green wire to the remote turn on and blue wire to yellow/black footbrake wire and white wire to yellow/blue handbrake wire and turned car on and im still not able to watch movies/or setup my alpine's settings any ideas?
Did you slide the programming switch to on before you pulsed the wire? The module should flash twice normally then flash rapidly for three seconds.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by AreSicks
Did you slide the programming switch to on before you pulsed the wire? The module should flash twice normally then flash rapidly for three seconds.
yes i did do this it flashed twice and rapidly then switched to off and green white and blue wires i hooked up and still not working

Old 07-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey I see alot of people are looking for the 05-07 JDM AC controller with the dual button, i found mine on ebay from, http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180672865341&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1833wt_1139. The shipping increased now from 25$ but i received it in a week in perfect condition in all original nissan boxes.
Hope this helps some people, he is apparently getting in the jdm finishers too but there on backorder from japan. seems like everyone's are.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Night
yes i did do this it flashed twice and rapidly then switched to off and green white and blue wires i hooked up and still not working
I dont know what to tell you then. Thats the same setup as it comes from pac. Maybe give them a call?

Originally Posted by WinnipgG35
Hey I see alot of people are looking for the 05-07 JDM AC controller with the dual button, i found mine on ebay from, http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ht_1833wt_1139. The shipping increased now from 25$ but i received it in a week in perfect condition in all original nissan boxes.
Hope this helps some people, he is apparently getting in the jdm finishers too but there on backorder from japan. seems like everyone's are.
Yea the controls are real easy to find, its the finishers that are scarce :[

Old 07-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How much do you think this would cost to have installed by a car stereo shop? being in college and away from home means I dont have some of the tools/time for this unless it would be overly expensive. Also I have an amp and jl sub hooked up to the stock system and dont really know how they wired it, so im worried id get in there and get lost. Thanks

Old 07-22-2011, 05:08 PM
as far as the amp and sub issue, pretty sure all you would have to do is run the rca's from the head unit to the amp, im sure the rem, power, and ground is fine the way it is. about the cost of install, what are you all doing? just the head unit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List