Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by prinny
I probably missed that, but dang wish I could remember the color of the wires that I need off the top of my head..

I think there's a red +12v accessory wire, but it's already being used for something else... is it still okay if I splice that wire and the attenna amp wire and solder both together even though it's being used?
Yeah, but you'd probably be better served by just putting the antenna amp wire to the blue/white one that's specifically for that purpose.

The following users liked this post:
prinny (06-11-2011)
Old 06-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Yeah, but you'd probably be better served by just putting the antenna amp wire to the blue/white one that's specifically for that purpose.

Alright thanks!. I'll probably do it sometime within the next few weeks. Or whenever I get tired of the unstable signal whatever comes first.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you ever installed one of these?
PAC SWI-PSv1 (New Version of SWI-PS) for Bluetooth

Old 06-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by boldman85
have you ever installed one of these?
PAC SWI-PSv1 (New Version of SWI-PS) for Bluetooth
Yes, that's why I have a video of me programming it on the first page of this thread.

Unless you've got a Pioneer with voice recognition features (Z110BT, X920BT, Z120BT, Z130BT) I highly discourage getting that unit. Use the Metra Axxess ASWC instead. Much easier install.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered the Pioneer Z130BT to day.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Wrathernaut! I think I might go with the x930bt. Would I be getting the best bang for my buck? Or is there something else for less but still has the same features?

Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm putting a JVC radio in my daughter's 2003 G35 Sedan. There is a mini jack in the back, but is says it's for the bluetooth adapter. It does have a wire in the harness labeled "Steering Wheel Control". Any suggestion on how to wire in the Axxess ASWC? Think I could still use the mini jack? Will I be connecting one of the ASWC wires to the radio harness SWC wire maybe? I've read every post here (thanks for all the work guys! Great resource!) and done an internet search but no answer.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by SoFloVan
Thanks Wrathernaut! I think I might go with the x930bt. Would I be getting the best bang for my buck? Or is there something else for less but still has the same features?
X930's great features/price, hard to beat in current-generations units, and few navigation units have detachable faceplates like the X930. The JVC units at about the same price don't have quite as good of a user interface, but are lightning-fast and have great google maps data for their navigation.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by TeaRex714
I'm putting a JVC radio in my daughter's 2003 G35 Sedan. There is a mini jack in the back, but is says it's for the bluetooth adapter. It does have a wire in the harness labeled "Steering Wheel Control". Any suggestion on how to wire in the Axxess ASWC? Think I could still use the mini jack? Will I be connecting one of the ASWC wires to the radio harness SWC wire maybe? I've read every post here (thanks for all the work guys! Great resource!) and done an internet search but no answer.
According to the manual - Page 102, Section B *6, the steering wheel remote plugs into a 3.5mm jack on the harness, not into the unit itself. That's where the ASWC plugs in. The ASWC still needs its control wires connected to the vehicle side as well.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew I should have included the model number:\ It's a JVC KW-HDR720. This is the only wiring instruction I've found for it (the other manual is just for operating instructions and doesn't even mention steering wheel controls.

No problems hooking up the PAC OEM-1 to the radio harness, just a little stuck figuring out how the Axxess will connect to the radio. There are only two wires left (unconnected) on the radio harness; a brown one for radio mute (could connect to the pink radio mute wire on the Axxess, though the instructions don't mention it...) and the light blue/yellow stripe wire labeled "steering wheel remote."

http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/0...T0722-002A.pdf

Old 06-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by TeaRex714
I knew I should have included the model number:\ It's a JVC KW-HDR720. This is the only wiring instruction I've found for it (the other manual is just for operating instructions and doesn't even mention steering wheel controls.

No problems hooking up the PAC OEM-1 to the radio harness, just a little stuck figuring out how the Axxess will connect to the radio. There are only two wires left (unconnected) on the radio harness; a brown one for radio mute (could connect to the pink radio mute wire on the Axxess, though the instructions don't mention it...) and the light blue/yellow stripe wire labeled "steering wheel remote."

http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/0...T0722-002A.pdf
Can't find exact instructions, but it looks like you might just plug the Axxess into the 3.5mm female plug, and attach that single wire to the JVC's steering wheel remote wire.

But my recommendation is to call Metra's techs, they seem to be able to answer most of the questions people have had installing the unit.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered all my stuff yesterday including an 05 AC controller. I hope it works.I did just realize though that I don't have a button for the dual control since mine is an 03.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by crazy8ship
I ordered all my stuff yesterday including an 05 AC controller. I hope it works.I did just realize though that I don't have a button for the dual control since mine is an 03.
Good luck with the install, definitely want to see how the climate control update works out for you and how you go about mounting it.

Definitely take a ton of pictures of the install.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:37 PM
The climate control does not work. Everything works on it except the temp up and down. It doesn't recognize the **** turning left and right. It wouldn't be hard to make it fit though. The size is the same. The middle trim would just have to be cut out and it will slid it. You would have to find another way to attach it in the rear though. The screw holes do not line up.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 AM
I know I have seen this somewhere on here but I can't find it now that I need it nor do I have the time to keep looking. Where is the speed wire to hook up double din navigation?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List