Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
That's a Nissan part, not Metra, you MUST use the smaller factory double din HVAC controller with that, which is about $200. You cannot use any part of your current set-up.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
X2

Go back few pages I just had mine installed in an 04. You an not use anything from the stock one except the rear metal bracket. What you have there is a jdm kit without hvac controls. Which will be useles in your case without th jdm controls

Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by g35sleeper123
hey everybody. So my a/c works fine and everything, but i am looking to upgrade to a pioneer double din head unit. I have a 2004 g35 coupe. I was wondering if i could just get a metra dash kit without any buttons and use the stock buttons for the a/c stuff... Since the metra buttons look cheap. I just want the plastic shell to make room for the double din. Please help soon!
Please read FAQ section:

Originally Posted by WRATHERNAUT'S FAQ SECTION
do i need to buy the a/c controls too, can't i re-use them?

Yes, you need the controls, no, you can't re-use your stock ones:
this is the reason why you need the jdm ac controller
but that's an 03/04 and i have an 05-07, do i need to buy the a/c controls too, can't i re-use them?
Yes, you need the controls, no you can't re-use your stock ones.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey srry for all the questions...lol
i just wanna be sure i get everything right before i go ahead and pull the trigger on this

head unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

which cable do i use to watch videos. and hear the sounds and will be able to use the apps such as pandora . netflixs . youtube and gps . and such

the two im confused with is

Pioneer CD-IU51V or

Pioneer CD-IU200V Usb Interface Cable For Ipod/Iphone

cause i heard for video and sound and everything

use the IU51V .. i read the reviews about the 200v on amazon n ppl were saying that the wire wasnt working
and then i searched around n read to fixs the problem use the 51v.

so please any1 who can help let me know thanks

and also wats the differences btwn the 2

Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I started my install yesterday and when I unplug the HVAC harness I didn’t have the two pins that the install instructions mention I will need to pull before I can disconnect the HVAC wires, is that ok?

I wasn’t able to find a ground wire when I used the 70-7550 wires so I ran a ground wire to one of the metal bracket, is that ok?

Also, were did you put all the wires? I have IPod and GPS box and tons of wires and it doesn’t look like its going to fit behind the stereo.

Last edited by G35CO; 01-26-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Wrathernaut or anyone else with advice ...... My transmission stutters when the stereo is turned up loud and i am driving and also the rpm guage drops down quite a bit when the bass hits in idle, and I have 1150 watts RMS currently. My question is if anyone has had this problem and if the "Big 3" upgrade fixed it. I already have a yellow top optima battery. I tried a H.O. alternator but blew it in the 1st 4 months. I spent alot of money on it and dont want to go that route again. Any help would be appreciated to help me fix this problem. Thank you!!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

I'd always recommend Big 3 at 1,000w RMS or above. It might not completely solve the problem, but it will eliminate one of the points of failure. If that doesn't work, get a higher-quality HO alternator.

I've never had a problem with RPMs at idle with 800w RMS, but then again, I never have my audio up that loud unless I'm cruising the freeway.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Thank you Warathernaut for all your help and for creating the shopping list. I completed the install and it sounds great. The only problem I have is with the Metra axxess. It's not changing the stations in the radio when I use the steering button instead it seek. Finding space for all the wires was a pain. Now I'm looking for background and splash screens to replace the Pioneer screens.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you are the man!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by G35CO
Thank you Warathernaut for all your help and for creating the shopping list. I completed the install and it sounds great. The only problem I have is with the Metra axxess. It's not changing the stations in the radio when I use the steering button instead it seek. Finding space for all the wires was a pain. Now I'm looking for background and splash screens to replace the Pioneer screens.
Yep, that's Pioneer's fault. They're the ones who decided the commands would be interpreted that way, instead of the way the factory does.

AVIC411.com is a great source for splash screens.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Yep, that's Pioneer's fault. They're the ones who decided the commands would be interpreted that way, instead of the way the factory does.

AVIC411.com is a great source for splash screens.
Good to know. Thank you again for all your help!!!

Old 02-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can someone give me more information about how to get the navigation voice to work with a double din. im planning on getting the jdm double din kit and hoping to keep the stock bose amp and stock navigation. i have basic knowledge in soldering and would like to find a solution. im thinking of getting the pioneer p1400dvd.

I dont really care about steering wheel control.

pioneer avh-p1400dvd
jdm double din kit
(need help with the "Extraordinary Measures" part to get navigation voice to work)

do i need to buy anything else?

thanks for all the help!!1

Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Ordered antenna adapter and wiring harness, any cheaper options for the steering wheel controls?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello I have asked a few questions in this thread before and have always received great answers, I plan on doing my DD unit install within the next week or two and have compiled a list of what I need based off the list on the first page. I have an 03 coupe with all black interior w/bose(using bose amp) and have already received the JDM DD kit and AC controller. I will have to transfer over my Dual climate control button to the new AC controller. My main concern is that I want to make sure that I have everything needed to complete the install in a day and it fixes my problems with the AC unit and the fact that my stereo some times fades in and out and I get a static pop when it comes back on(with no display of course). So here is the list I have compiled to do the conversion:

Pioneer AVHP-3400BH DVD HD Receiver w/iPod & BT - Pioneer

Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) - Metra Electronics Corp

PAC ROEMNIS2 Factory Premium Sound Interface Headunit Replacement, For Select Nissan Vehicles - PAC

Metra 40-NI10 Nissan Antnna Adapter -

Scosche Ddtrb Double Din Trim Ring - SCOSCHE

Pioneer CD-IU51V AV iPod/iPhone Cable for Pioneer AV and Navigation models - Pioneer Mobile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-AVH-...ht_1718wt_1312

And of course I have a soldering Iron(hakko 936) and shrink tube.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Pac-Swi if your doing steering wheel controls, but overall I think you have what you need. I actually trimmed my own trim ring that came with my JVC HU using a Dremel on the inside of it to file down so it would sit more flush on the sides of my JDM dash kit. The scosche might pop it out more, but it won't be so sunk in. Not quite sure on the Pioneer HU though if you can trim down there ring or not, Wrathernaut will probably chime in on this one I believe he has a Pioneer or at least dealt with them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List