Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
I believe you have to reset the window motor..

Old 04-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
How far do your guys windows go down when you open the door? I just reset it and it goes down about 3/4". My drivers side goes down about 1/4"- 1/2"

Old 04-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^driver side like .5 cm and pass side .5". thats how it looks to me. im getting sick of the window and the damn push up feature! lol

Old 04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still pondering if I want to tackle this or not.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by RobInfiniti
I'm still pondering if I want to tackle this or not.
It's really not that bad...had mine completely apart in 30 minutes. Getting it back together is a bit tricky though...just be careful & deliberate. Unfortunately, I have to buy a new motor...the previous owner REALLY did a bad job swapping it himself...I found a crapola Autozone special. Tried the "fix", but all that happens is a click in the switch when I try to open/close it. Can't even reset it...

The worst part is the door handle had been ripped out from it's mounting points & was held in place with screws & snap clip washers on the back side. The bracket that holds the window motor to the silver panel had all the bolt hole stripped & the motor was held in with SAE (not metric) bolts & nuts on the backside...the upper bolts that attach to the window regulator had also been stripped out & had SCREWS holding them on instead of bolts. Friggin' idiot! The backside of the door panel also had been busted where the handle bolts to...all covered up by the handle. I am SO pissed!

Why do people not take proper care of their cars? Damn punk...

Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
I just reset it ...
How is this done? Resetting it?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by ARTofDESIGN
How is this done? Resetting it?
You need to take the door panel off and there will be a hole with one of those sticky plugs over it, peel the plug off and there is a button to reset the window.

Its in one of the links posted above.....

Old 04-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by g2flip4
you need to take the door panel off and there will be a hole with one of those sticky plugs over it, peel the plug off and there is a button to reset the window.

Its in one of the links posted above.....
thanks!

Old 05-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I just performed this DIY. Thanks for posting it.

The motor now has a LOT of power again (not slow and not getting stuck midway anymore). So cleaning it really worked!

However, if I put the window ALL the way UP or ALL the way DOWN, it gets stuck there and I have to beat on the door to get it to go. I did the reset but that hasnt helped this problem. Actually, I had a hard time doing the reset because almost every time I put the window all the way up or down it gets stuck.

Any ideas on what I need to do so it doesnt get stuck in the extreme up or down positions??? Is there some adjustment I am missing? Thanks for any help.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm thinking of tackling this for two reasons. #1 being a really bad rattle in my passenger door. It sounds like a support bar or something came loose and just shakes against the metal. #2 - Since I'm going to have at lease one door apart to fix the rattle, pulling the motor off for a good cleaning would be easy and should keep it going for another several years.

Anyone else have that strange rattle in the door? Any ideas what it could be?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by CRyan
I just performed this DIY. Thanks for posting it.

The motor now has a LOT of power again (not slow and not getting stuck midway anymore). So cleaning it really worked!

However, if I put the window ALL the way UP or ALL the way DOWN, it gets stuck there and I have to beat on the door to get it to go. I did the reset but that hasnt helped this problem. Actually, I had a hard time doing the reset because almost every time I put the window all the way up or down it gets stuck.

Any ideas on what I need to do so it doesnt get stuck in the extreme up or down positions??? Is there some adjustment I am missing? Thanks for any help.

Mine does the exact same thing...I have cleaned the motor a few times, will prolly just have to replace the motor on the thing....U think Infiniti would use better parts.....

Old 05-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by cdubel01
Mine does the exact same thing...I have cleaned the motor a few times, will prolly just have to replace the motor on the thing....U think Infiniti would use better parts.....
Well, what I am concerned about is buying a new motor and it doing the same thing. Unless there is some function of the motor I am missing that would cause this problem. With it cleaned, it works as good as when new for the moment. Except for this getting stuck at the extremes issue. Makes me think it is something else...

Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Nice and detail!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Hello:

I disassembled the driver and passenger doors twice each already because I thought I missed something the first time. The mistake I made with the driver door is that, instead of cleaning the copper with rubbing alcohol, I sanded it as another user suggested. Unfortunately I used too coarse of a sandpaper and now the window works about 5% of the time. I didn't do this to the passenger-side door and that window is working nearly properly. To sum it all up, I'd just like to say I messed up. Use a really fine sandpaper, if using a sandpaper at all, to clean the copper.

Sh*t. Ah whatever, I probably needed to change the parts sooner or later. That copper thing, if it is too ground down what do I need to replace? Is that part of the motor or regulator?

Seriously, stupid Infiniti. You buy it because it seems like a high-end brand with some quality but their windows are just pathetic.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
yep! and the door locks kinda suk too....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Diy: Sticky For Window Motor Repairs/door Panel Removal