G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome thanks! That helps clear up a lot of things!

Perhaps you (or someone else) can help steer me in the right direction then. I'm only looking for a small drop, an inch at the most. I live in Canada and my G is daily driven, even in the blizzards with broken traction control, hence my desire for only a 1'' drop max! I've run Eibach springs in the past on my daily driven 240SX with KYB GR2 struts all around, but the rears would only last a year before they blew thanks to winter conditions. I swapped the struts so many times that I became a master at it, but I certainly didn't enjoy it. I don't want to be doing the same on the G. Is there a strut anyone can recommend, based off of WINTER driving experiences that can hold up to an aftermarket spring?

I'd also rather not do coils, they sound like they just get wrecked in the winter. I'm not just talking about the adjustable threads (I understand BC and KW make plastic or stainless threads aka winter proof), but it would seem they just rust away or get blown fast due to winter abuse. I also wouldn't want to be raising/lowering each season, or swapping out the coils for oem each winter if I can avoid it.

Anyone have a suggestion, other than buy an SUV and keep the G for summer? Thanks in advance. I also don't track the car.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by Chantastic
Sorry for the semi old thread bump. I'd rather post here than start a new thread.

I have a 06 coupe, with the 19's. I've been doing lots of research but can't find any conclusive answer, and I'd rather ask before I buy. I am looking into revised Z springs. I understand that the spring rates are the same as my G, my concern lies in the lowering. I've seen some threads say the front and rear will be lowered roughly 3/4'', but another thread suggesting only the front would drop 3/4'' and the rear would be unaffected. Can someone let me know which is true?

Thanks in advance. Also, being the same spring rates, I wouldn't need to change my dampers at all, right?
Revised Z springs dropped my 06 Coupe w/ sport package 3/4" in front and 0" in the rear, I had to cut the rear perches in order to even out the drop.

I had a problem with rear KYB shocks on my old S13, they bled out more than once. But never had any issue with them on my lowered G20, and others haven't reported any issues on the G35. I'm thinking the 240SX just destroys shocks.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm like I said, it was only the rears that blew on my 240 (S13 as well), but I figured it was due to harsh winter temperatures and bumpy roads. Is there anyone here who has run GR2's or other struts with springs in winter on their G? My brother ran H&R springs with GR2's on his Lancer and they blew pretty fast too...

Thanks Lost, interesting to see someone with similar car/mod history

Old 04-02-2014, 01:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I need opinions on these coilovers

http://www.neo-motorsport.com/makes/...id=213&type=gt

A place near me is selling them for $750 without dampening and $1000 with dampening.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 11-16-2016, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to lower my 08 G35 Sedan with HR sport springs, the only problem is there doesn't seem to be any decent shocks/struts for the 08 sedan. Whats the deal. Can anybody shed some light on this. I am not confident in purchasing any of the Chinese coilovers. Been told the KYB G's would work fine.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:17 PM
I recently lowered my car on Megan coilovers . I'm sitting pretty low giving it natural camber . I would need to look into camber kits right ? What do you guys recommend. I have an 04 sedan do coupe parts fit ? Also my control arms are bad so I'm looking to get them replaced what are quality parts ? . Since I'm planning on doing that I might as well
Replace the whole suspension . What are good aftermarket parts

Old 04-16-2017, 11:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jorge mendez
I recently lowered my car on Megan coilovers . I'm sitting pretty low giving it natural camber . I would need to look into camber kits right ? What do you guys recommend. I have an 04 sedan do coupe parts fit ? Also my control arms are bad so I'm looking to get them replaced what are quality parts ? . Since I'm planning on doing that I might as well
Replace the whole suspension . What are good aftermarket parts
How do like the Megan Coilovers so far? I'll be doing a suspension upgrade here soon, have no idea which brand or setup I want to go with yet tho. In the research phase right now

Old 12-17-2018, 05:04 PM
tons of info

tons of info and it's mostly all a few years old I assume. I'm wondering as of 2018 what is the best setup to drop my 2005 base sedan about half an inch to an inch. I want to drop it as far as possible without needing a camber kit. most coilover kits listed on this post don't show the max and min drop height for sedan. Most are either coupe only listed or nothing at all. Also I'm hoping some one has a link to a good website to order from with a good deal on coilovers for my sedan. One more thing too.. Does anyone think 13 year old springs on my sedan with 140k could be worn out? I was thinking about going with some nice bilstein struts and keeping the stock springs but if they are worn out I probably should just get coilovers.