G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone have any info on this coilover kit?

http://www.autocityimports.com/0306-...es-p-9212.html

Old 11-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jeovanni223
anyone have any info on this coilover kit?

http://www.autocityimports.com/0306-...es-p-9212.html
Cut and paste from one of my paste post's re: megan coilovers.

Do NOT buy Megan coilovers for this G or Z. As mentioned I had them on my car, I sold them because I could not stand them. Wasn't a performance issue so much as it was a issue with ride and drive quality related to poor valving. Problem I had was I could not sell something I disliked that much. I had softer springs I was able to test in the front, much better behavior so I bought another set of softer springs so I could resell the setup and still sleep at night. BcRacing makes them as you know, however they are not the same specs as the coilovers they make for themselves (larger piston diameter). Given that the BcRacing coilover exists, it makes ZERO sense to buy the Megan product since you can buy that setup for only maybe $50 to $100 more. Even then, IMO I don't let Bc totally off the hook with the excuse that "the Megan product is the way it is because we simply are building it to Megan specs", no excuse to deliver that kind of a product out your door, makes we wonder about their own product.

If your in the market for coilover's, please do yourself a favor and make another choice. I would go with Eibach Pro-S even if they don't have adjustable damping. Most people set then and never change them anyhow. You could also wait and save. You can get some used Custo Zero 2's right now for pretty cheap in the market place right now.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks... I am planning on getting 19 inch wheels. Looking at the mrr hr2 and gt-1 and I just want to be able to put the right drop on it and have the best ride comfort I can get. I dont race or drive hard. I just want my car to look simpley clean!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Unhappy stance gr+true coil over

Well i have a question about stance true coil over. I been thinkin for like a week. I just got mi stance gr+ true coil over. An i don't know how do i have to inatall. Do i have to remove the oem spring and if the suspenssion is a good. O not well i hpe some onecan help me with this.please.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CHANGEOVER, I say go for it. Having a 2006 coupe (same spec as yours) I did most of my research by comparing the data in this thread for the different springs, my priorities being:

--------

1. Minimal, but effective drop......NOT requiring a camber kit .

*Stick with .8 or less per Nissan-Infiniti techs to get back into proper alignment - see attached alignment data done just after install (and I do have 20" wheels).

You may've seen this, but also remembering to add .5 to the 350Z drop (.3 front, .2 rear for the Z) when applied to the G35 coupe.

Needless to say, we get an an average 3/4" drop, if you know what I mean.

2. Minimal changes to spring rates - especially increases, so as to not afeect my stock but upgraded shocks. (Sport suspension package)

Tein H-tech 350z (fronts are progressive, rears are linear)
358/375 F+14% R+11%
Transfers +3% roll stiffness to front

Stock Coupe 6MT Spring rates are the same rate as the 350Z spring and the sedan with the sport suspension:

314/342……..Rear – 427 with Sport-Tuned Suspension Package.

Still gonna get Tokico HP Blues, but with essentially the same spring I don't suspect I need to rush.

Sport suspension shocks should be just fine for many miles (I have 26,700 now), plus, I want the Seibon Hood and/or K&N CAI and Air Filter combo before the shocks.

--------

Those were my main issues and below are some before & after pics.

The drop I can see and feel as I ride, including all the usual benefits of lowering:

**More responsive throttle/less drag
**A tad quicker and shiftier
**No more body roll noticed (someone said I may get that).
**Even more stable and buttoned-down, if you will.

I love the new driving feel, though it felt just fine before. TRANSLATION: Bought the car in Nov. 2006, yet waited almost 4 years to upgrade springs.

Generally speaking the drop is barely noticeable to the untrained eye, although the roofline is CLEARLY lower as I stand next to it. Which belies the tasteful, "almost nothing" drop (for you hardcore racers).

That said, if you're a car guy like me, it's kinda like a BMW 3-series with a sport package/shorter springs, where the fender gap is largely gone.........but not quite seeming to sit on top of the tires (like on the BMW). Dead giveaway.

Long story short, do the changeover. Now. Pun intended.

I'm gone.

Attached Thumbnails G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates-dscn0505.jpg   G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates-ds-after-tein-350z-h-tech.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Daytein2.pdf (61.6 KB, 235 views)
Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 PM
i want to lower my 2003 g35 sedan. i have 235/45/18 tires on it. what do you guys suggest to cut out the space between the wheel well and the tire? also how much will it cost approximately?

Old 12-25-2010, 02:16 AM
do shoxs come with coil overs?

Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM
i have a 06 sedan and i want to buy a coilover setup. which one is better D2 or megan? need something that will go low . need advise thanks

Old 02-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Quick ? about D-specs:

Tokico's online catalog says that the D-specs aren't meant for AWD or OEM Sports Suspension models, but my question is: has anyone gone ahead and put them on their OEM Sports Suspension equipped G anyways and have been problem free? This question is more for the long term users since I'm curious about the effects.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:45 AM
Amazing wealth of info.
Thanks for the help, just ordered my new springs/camber kit today!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Can i get help do i need a camber kit if im using Tein 350z s techs?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM
According to Devinb30 here............I'd say yes:

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...echs-pics.html

Check out the thread, homie.

And by God, stay warm in Chi-town. I heard 'bout that damn wind.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I have done a lot of searching and have read through this entire thread, but I am new to suspension stuff, so I just want to make sure I have this right.

From what I understand, if I drop my car 1" or less, I will not need camber kits or new shocks, so long as I used G springs, right? Z springs are shorter than G springs, so if I used Z springs I should get z shocks.

My car is a DD so I do not want a huge drop, more just looking to minimize the wheel gap and maybe improve handling a little bit, so I am thinking about the Tein H-Tech's with the spring mount mod also. If I get these springs, I will not need anything else besides an alignment? Is that right?

Will my tires rub if I do not fender roll? My wheels are 20x8.5f +20 with 245/30/20 and 20x10r +25 with 275/30/20 (but might go to 285 soon).

I appreciate any help.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Buju On Friday
I have done a lot of searching and have read through this entire thread, but I am new to suspension stuff, so I just want to make sure I have this right.

From what I understand, if I drop my car 1" or less, I will not need camber kits or new shocks, so long as I used G springs, right? Z springs are shorter than G springs, so if I used Z springs I should get z shocks.

My car is a DD so I do not want a huge drop, more just looking to minimize the wheel gap and maybe improve handling a little bit, so I am thinking about the Tein H-Tech's with the spring mount mod also. If I get these springs, I will not need anything else besides an alignment? Is that right?

Will my tires rub if I do not fender roll? My wheels are 20x8.5f +20 with 245/30/20 and 20x10r +25 with 275/30/20 (but might go to 285 soon).

I appreciate any help.
Alright Buju, here's the deal.

With the same mindset as you - and me probably even less of a capable DIY gearhead than you - I figured I need to go to those that have way more knowledge & experience with what works.

So, alot of my research was involved the magazine itself AND digesting some G35 Mod Guidelines by this dude from Nissan Sport Mag........posted on a Z forum, but applicable to us.

Yes, G35/37 Coupes & Sedans are essentially 2+2 350/370Zs with 4 seats and/or 4 doors - minus the hatch. I say a brilliant move by Nissan-Infiniti.

(Complete write-up attached; check it out).

As far as avoiding camber kits, dropping .8 or less is what I know; I needed none w/350Z H-Techs.........alignment went fine.

Here's from the attachment both springs and shocks:

oSprings: Companies like Eibach and B&G have springs that will lower your car and make it look great. Costs on these springs are about $200-$250. There are strings attached. Eibachs lower your car 1.2” in the rear and .8” in the front and remember, anything over .8” drop will make your camber impossible to be within factory camber specifications. You can drive it with springs only and lose up to 20% tire life (inside edge of tire will wear out first) or get camber kits. These kits will cost you in excess of $400 for just rears or fronts. If you add these camber kits to the cost of the springs, this option is not as cheap as you might first think. Another negative of lowering beyond .8” is going over speed bumps and bottoming out. This option is good for those whose priority is looks. Make sure to get a 4 wheel alignment after installing springs.

oSpring/shock combo: Right now, the number one option in this group is NISMO S suspension. Cost about $1300-$1800 depending on the vendor and most will ship them to you. The suspension lowers the Z about .8” thus no camber issues, no need to get alignment after install either. This gets rid of fwy bounce as well. NISMO maintains factory warranty and handles very well on street as well as track. The negative of this option compared to Coil-over springs is lack of adjustment in height, ride hardness, etc.

Anyway, enjoy. Seems like you've got a nice setup going.

Pictures when available following upgrades, please. Rock on.

Attached Files
File Type: doc
G35 Modification Guidelines.doc (85.0 KB, 316 views)
Old 02-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Buju On Friday

I appreciate any help.
~1" and you shouldn't need any camber kits. But it truly depends no each car, most people don't but there have been people who report needing to get kits to get their cars in spec. And it does depend on what spring setup you chose, I ran zhtechs for a year and was fine. A bit of camber isn't going to eat up your tires, it is more of your toe.

And +25 offsets you won't rub, especially with 1" drop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates