G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I am looking at getting some tokico blue struts, I have a 03 Sedan on coupe springs now
Would a new set of lowering springs and these struts drop a lot more or just an inch or so? Also, would I need to get camber arms just for the rear? Toe bolts? Alignment?
Thanks for any help

Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If all this info is true that springs that are made for the Z will lower the G coupe .5 inches more than the Z, then why did my H&R springs that are made for the Z only lowered my coupe half an inch if they are supposed to lower the Z 1 inch in the rear. That means I should have got a 1.5 inch drop instead of only half an inch. I'm confused.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
Originally Posted by akogan79
If all this info is true that springs that are made for the Z will lower the G coupe .5 inches more than the Z, then why did my H&R springs that are made for the Z only lowered my coupe half an inch if they are supposed to lower the Z 1 inch in the rear. That means I should have got a 1.5 inch drop instead of only half an inch. I'm confused.
I have had 3 different sets of aftermarket springs designed for the 350Z on my G coupe; Eibach, Tein H Tech and RSR Ti2000. NONE of them provided an extra .5 inch drop in the rear. the front did exactly that, but the rear springs have dropped the same amount as advertised that it would drop a 350Z. that has been my experience in the 7 years I have owned my car and all the different springs I have run. I am not in need of coils and do not want to deal with the hassels of proper setup (corner balancing) along with intial and setup costs...have had coils before. will try one more time and this will be my last attempt at getting the rear height correct with a linear rate spring designed for the 350Z. I am going with the Tokico D Spec springs for the 350Z which advertise a 1.5 inch drop in the rear, which should be the same for the G coupe. will install this summer and let you know how it turns out.

Last edited by DRG35R; 01-09-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG35R
I have had 3 different sets of aftermarket springs designed for the 350Z on my G coupe; Eibach, Tein H Tech and RSR Ti2000. NONE of them provided an extra .5 inch drop in the rear. the front did exactly that, but the rear springs have dropped the same amount as advertised that it would drop a 350Z. that has been my experience in the 7 years I have owned my car and all the different springs I have run. I am not in need of coils and do not want to deal with the hassels of proper setup (corner balancing) along with intial and setup costs...have had coils before. will try one more time and this will be my last attempt at getting the rear height correct with a linear rate spring designed for the 350Z. I am going with the Tokico D Spec springs for the 350Z which advertise a 1.5 inch drop in the rear, which should be the same for the G coupe. will install this summer and let you know how it turns out.
OEM 350Z springs gave me a 3/4" drop in the front and NONE in the rear. Had to do the rear perch mod to bring the back down.

The following users liked this post:
dj714 (01-09-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 PM
At least you got a drop in the rear that was advertised for the Z. I only got half of what was advertised. Said it would drop the Z 1" in the back and it gave me half of it. I called H&R and the guy said that the Z and G springs they sell are exactly the same spring. The part number stamped on the spring will say 53050 on both but the only difference is the box for the G will say 53035 on it. Very strange if you ask me.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
At least you got a drop in the rear that was advertised for the Z. I only got half of what was advertised. Said it would drop the Z 1" in the back and it gave me half of it. I called H&R and the guy said that the Z and G springs they sell are exactly the same spring. The part number stamped on the spring will say 53050 on both but the only difference is the box for the G will say 53035 on it. Very strange if you ask me.
actually it is not that strange since the cars have the same underpinnings, just shorter wheelbase. I also have a 2003 VW Passat wagon daily driver that shares it platform with the Audi A4/A6 cousins and many of he springs for each different car are identical. sometimes you may get the same ride height, but a different spring rate due to weight differences in the cars. but more often than not, they are the same spring with same part #.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 AM
actually it is not that strange since the cars have the same underpinnings, just shorter wheelbase. I also have a 2003 VW Passat wagon daily driver that shares it platform with the Audi A4/A6 cousins and many of he springs for each different car are identical. sometimes you may get the same ride height, but a different spring rate due to weight differences in the cars. but more often than not, they are the same spring with same part #.
That's totally understandable that they are the same platform but since the H&R guy said they are exactly the same spring with no difference in spring rate and no difference in height it confused me cause they advertise it lowering the Z in front 1.3 and G 1.1 but I got 1.5 in front. Oh well.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
OEM 350Z springs gave me a 3/4" drop in the front and NONE in the rear. Had to do the rear perch mod to bring the back down.
Does your ride quality feel any different with the oem Z springs vs the G springs?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Premier Member

Does your ride quality feel any different with the oem Z springs vs the G springs?
Thanks to this thread I found that the revised Z springs and the G "sport package" springs are the same spring rates. So the ride quality is the same, with the benefit of sitting a little bit lower, slightly lower center of gravity, etc.

For a daily driver, it's good for me. I'd like to go a bit lower, but again thanks to this thread, most aftermarket springs are SOFTER than OEM. Or progressive, which to me is still softer because those tighter coils typically end up as just dead springs once on the car.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks to this thread I found that the revised Z springs and the G "sport package" springs are the same spring rates. So the ride quality is the same, with the benefit of sitting a little bit lower, slightly lower center of gravity, etc.

For a daily driver, it's good for me. I'd like to go a bit lower, but again thanks to this thread, most aftermarket springs are SOFTER than OEM. Or progressive, which to me is still softer because those tighter coils typically end up as just dead springs once on the car.
Do you have any pics of your car with the Z springs that you can post here. I'd like to see how it sits. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Premier Member

Do you have any pics of your car with the Z springs that you can post here. I'd like to see how it sits. Thanks.
See post #7 here after rear perch mod to get an even 3/4" drop all around: https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...z-springs.html

Also, just picked up some new wheels. https://g35driver.com/forums/6664703-post1914.html

Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM
See post #7 here after rear perch mod to get an even 3/4" drop all around: https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...z-springs.html

Also, just picked up some new wheels. https://g35driver.com/forums/6664703-post1914.html
Your car looks really sharp with those new wheels. I like.

The following users liked this post:
LoSt180 (01-14-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are the spring rates for the kw v1 to v3 the same spring rate? If so, how can we fix the wide range of the rear progressive spring rate?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man there is a ton of info but with that info it becomes information overload.
I am just looking for a slightly better than OEM setup. My stock suspension has started getting a little mushy.

I just do a lot of fast driving, nothing crazy. would love to take corners a little faster and flatter.
Not looking for bone rattling setup. Nothing crazy expensive. Would love stock ride or slightly lower.
I guess I might as well stay stock My car has light mods, Spacer and aftermarket HKS exhaust.

2006 Coupe AT with 64K

In my former life I had an SHO with Tokiko Struts, Eibach Spings, Hotchkis Sway bars and man did that thing handle like a dream.

Last edited by NetNinja; 01-30-2013 at 10:51 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
If you're only looking for a slight drop, your best bet is Eibach Sportlines for the 350Z. It'll squat you a bit lower than a Z cuz your car is heavier but it isn't anywhere near unreasonable and your ride will be close to stock. Strut wise, as close to OEM as possible is where I'd go with that. Couple hundred bux later, you're done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: G35/350Z aftermarket coilover, springs and shocks spec's w/updates