Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 12-13-2005 | 02:33 AM
Florida G35 Club
This is what is so scary!
I believe right now the camshafts profiles are about 10% smaller than early years.
IM still trying to figure out there spec.'s but its looking like they have about 429 to about 433 lift on both setups. If this is true. Nissan has figured out how to get these to flow with a bigger overlap. This does onset the question on the revised dome configuration on the pistons.
In theory. Higher compression or deck height of the piston could fool or maximize the lack of camshaft. My thinking right now is. With great gas and some nasty cam profiles, Your going to see the VQ bang out some big numbers in race trim. This is the setup to be played with. Nissan may not talk much, But I believe the door is open for some big improvements.
I guess I need to work harder. Pasta
PS IM STARTING" to understand the plenum now.

Old 12-13-2005 | 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by fx45copper
BTW im getting 18.2 mpg with MREV on. I was getting 15.5 at best before
wait, so are you saying your gas mileage improved too?

on a random note, this thread is friggen huge! longest thread ive seen so far, haha.

Old 12-14-2005 | 12:41 AM
Hmmm... I wonder if there is any way to improve on the MREV plus with copper iso...

Old 12-14-2005 | 12:50 AM
I've read and re-read every thread I could find and I haven't seen ANYTHING bad about the MREV mod... I saw the 8% off on the website so I just ordered mine!

I can't believe that a mod that adds so much hp and torque so consistently throughout the powerband is available. I know there is a drop towards the redline but WHO CARES... the rest of the power band more than makes up for that. In auto-x or daily driving we are in the middle of the band 90 percent of the time anyways.

For the most part, I have to see for myself once it gets here.

Old 12-14-2005 | 02:46 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
I've read and re-read every thread I could find and I haven't seen ANYTHING bad about the MREV mod... I saw the 8% off on the website so I just ordered mine!

I can't believe that a mod that adds so much hp and torque so consistently throughout the powerband is available. I know there is a drop towards the redline but WHO CARES... the rest of the power band more than makes up for that. In auto-x or daily driving we are in the middle of the band 90 percent of the time anyways.

For the most part, I have to see for myself once it gets here.

Super! You will not be disappointed. Feel free to contact me again if you have any other questions. Get ready for a ride in your new and improved G.

Old 12-14-2005 | 11:14 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
I just installed the Iso Thermal 1/2" Motordyne plenum spacer. We did a before and after dyno the same day with same conditions outside and I gained 12hp and zero torque. Also, I was amazed how cool the plenum was after nine dyno pulls. Normally, after one pull you can't touch teh plenum for more than a second without being burned. After nine pulls, I could put my hand on the plenum and leave it there as long as I wanted. Good job Motordyne!

Old 12-15-2005 | 04:01 AM
OK, I'm pretty much sold on the MREV. I have a '05 6MT so which MREV would be best? I see like 3 different MREV types. There is the 5/16 MREV, 1/2 MREV, and both in copper and ISO. It's a bit confusing. Any clarification? Thanks.

Old 12-15-2005 | 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers
OK, I'm pretty much sold on the MREV. I have a '05 6MT so which MREV would be best? I see like 3 different MREV types. There is the 5/16 MREV, 1/2 MREV, and both in copper and ISO. It's a bit confusing. Any clarification? Thanks.
Here is the breakdown of the MREV packages, which are available, as per Motordyne's site:

MREV Configurations . . . .

1. Iso Thermal MREV

2. Copper Iso Thermal MREV

3. MREV Plus

1 & 2 are your two choices of the basic MREV configuration. The differences between #'s 1 & 2 . . . With #1, you receive a Coolant Conrol Value to heat up the Throttle Body when the outside air temperature is extremely cold. This to prevent the butterfly assembly from sticking in colder weather conditions. In warmer temp conditions, the CCV is adjusted to the "Close" position to prevent the upper collector from soaking up the hot coolant temps. With #2, you receive the Copper TB Heater. This unit is simply installed and you never need to adjust it to compensate for the weather conditions.

Now . . . The #3 option, the MREV Plus . . . This is a "Modified" lower collector in lieu of the standard MREV lower collector. This gives the basic MREV mod more performance.

Go to the Motordyne site for more detailed specifics. I trust the above info will help you decide on which options to choose. Either way, you cannot go wrong with MREV.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/G35.asp

Happy Holidays!

Oops!

Note: The MREV is offered as a package with the 5/16" spacer because dynamometer testing of a range of different spacer sizes shows the 5/16" spacer provides the most area under the curve. Use of the ½" spacer provides slightly more peak power above 6000 RPM but reduces the overall output everywhere else in the curve.

Old 12-15-2005 | 02:53 PM
I'm getting the MREV but I'm wondering if I can modify the lower collector myself with the proper tools, I've ported turbos, so I have the bits, etc. I just need to know what is actually being grinded off.

Thanks!

Old 12-15-2005 | 03:14 PM
MRev Plus... it sounds that it does more but I can't find any data on how much it add to justify $122.

Old 12-15-2005 | 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Now . . . The #3 option, the MREV Plus . . . This is a "Modified" lower collector in lieu of the standard MREV lower collector. This gives the basic MREV mod more performance.
Talk about some unsubstantiated claims!

Old 12-15-2005 | 03:53 PM
Great, thanks for the detailed info andy!

Old 12-15-2005 | 04:20 PM
the MREV Plus kit does give more gains than the basic MREV kit. The gains are primarily noticeable in the higher rpm range. you'll probably see around 2-3 HP more once you get into the higher rpm range over the basic MREV kit. We have the entire Motordyne product line in our online catalog, all on sale. PM me for info on our online holiday sale!
You won't be disappointed with this bolt on mod. It definitely delivers!

Old 12-15-2005 | 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by partshipperdave
the MREV Plus kit does give more gains than the basic MREV kit. The gains are primarily noticeable in the higher rpm range. you'll probably see around 2-3 HP more once you get into the higher rpm range over the basic MREV kit. We have the entire Motordyne product line in our online catalog, all on sale. PM me for info on our online holiday sale!
You won't be disappointed with this bolt on mod. It definitely delivers!

So basically we are paying $122 for just extra 2-3 HP. Hmmm that's something i wont even feel on daily driving....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering