The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Everyone: Check Your Oil!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^Not sure. Probably just a hick-up on starting.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a question for those who has been given a new engine and has mods on their car....

I'm getting my new engine put in this week and the guy told me that they are charging me $150 to reinstall my HKS exhaust since they have to take it off in order to put in the new engine. Now is this standard for them to charge me this fee since it's an aftermarket part?

Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by itzG
This is a question for those who has been given a new engine and has mods on their car....

I'm getting my new engine put in this week and the guy told me that they are charging me $150 to reinstall my HKS exhaust since they have to take it off in order to put in the new engine. Now is this standard for them to charge me this fee since it's an aftermarket part?
I wouldn't pay for that. What's the difference between the stock catback and aftermarket? Install should be the same.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by drive4fun
I wouldn't pay for that. What's the difference between the stock catback and aftermarket? Install should be the same.
He's Right...

Old 05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Don't pay it itzg there trying to hose ya...that's total garbage

Old 05-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi All, Just dropped my '04 off at the dealer. Checked my dipstick last weekend and a couple millimeters of oil on the very tip of the dipstick, so I put two quarts of oil in and made an appointment for this morning. Told them the problems with noises, mpg, power loss, ticks, etc.

They said it will be $177 w/tax to run the diagnostic since I'm out of service warranty, but if the tests show I need a new engine than it will be covered by Infiniti. They didn't say anything about doing a 1k study (yet). They just said they will give me a call either today or next week after they figure out what's up with it, but told me to collect all of my oil change paperwork because I'll need it. I stopped taking it to Infiniti for oil changes a while ago because there is a pep boys across from my office that I drop off at and walk up to work. I also took it to my friends Nissan dealership for a couple changes since it's right by my house. Apparently some of my oil change paperwork ended up at my parents house across the country and I'm going to have to fly back to pick it up if I can't line up all of the papers I have here.

My question is how many miles between oil changes do they allow to still be covered under warranty? What is the OFFICIAL max? I'm trying to find the numbers within this 85 page thread, but haven't found the max number yet. Need to know, so I can figure out if I'll have to fly across the darn country for some paperwork or not.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Dam this sucks cuz im getting a bad egg smell,could this be oil burnin?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:08 AM
How about synthetic oil? Will using synthetic cause this problem?

Old 05-18-2009, 05:52 PM
6MT Coupe

No extra charge with my true dual exhaust when replacement done.
Originally Posted by STAGGERD SEDAN
Dam this sucks cuz im getting a bad egg smell,could this be oil burnin?
Burning oil doesn't smell like that. Google results:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=3&oq=Rotten+egg+smell&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLD_enUS310US310&q=rotten+egg+smell+in+car
Originally Posted by STAGGERD SEDAN
How about synthetic oil? Will using synthetic cause this problem?
Nope.
Originally Posted by socalvq

My question is how many miles between oil changes do they allow to still be covered under warranty? What is the OFFICIAL max? I'm trying to find the numbers within this 85 page thread, but haven't found the max number yet. Need to know, so I can figure out if I'll have to fly across the darn country for some paperwork or not.
Every 7500mi (shed 3) in owners manual under 'normal op' conditions...

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 05-18-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added: another quote w/answer...
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Red face Oil Changes

My G35 03' has about 80,000 miles and I have never heard it make that noise before.. wow.. Hope that does not happen to me..:/

Old 05-20-2009, 03:24 AM
So I got my car back last Friday with a new engine and they charged me $120 for re-installing my HKS exhaust, Tanabe front under braces, and Tanabe rear sway bar.... Not happy with the guys from Infiniti. Then I had to bring the car back on Monday cuz the mechanic had to replace shift lever assembly since he messed up my 5th and 6th gears (almost died when entering the freeway cuz I couldn't get into 5th or 6th gear). So the car had to stay over night and they gave me a loaner car.....then called me ten minutes later and told me to return the loaner car cuz they didn't like the way I drove it off the lot....(I was very upset). Their excuse was that I drove the loaner too fast off the lot cuz the speed limit was 5mph (I think I was going 10 or 15 at most). So they gave me a rental from Hertz.... I didn't care what kind of car they gave as a loaner or rental. They wasted my whole day!

I don't know what it is about the workers at Infiniti, but they love to hate me!

Sorry for complaining on this thread.....just wanted share my experience.
(Never going back to Cerritos Infiniti)!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:11 AM
They should have never charge ya $120 I WOULD PHONE Infiniti usa and complain about the delearship how u were treated and for getting a rental car that horses^it...i wouldn't stand for that crap u better do something about it...

Old 05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I got my car back last Friday with a new engine and they charged me $120 for re-installing my HKS exhaust, Tanabe front under braces, and Tanabe rear sway bar.... Not happy with the guys from Infiniti.
So I wonder how the REAR sway bar needed to be re-installed after an engine swap?!?!

Old 05-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, it's been almost 2 years since I got my engine replaced. I almost forgot about this problem. Luckily my new engine has been performing pretty well.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 AM
6MT Coupe
^ lol...amazing it's still going on huh?

Good to hear yours still strong and with boost.
I remember when you got your replacement way back in the day on my350 thread

I'm basically done with all this here and on other OC threads.
12-13mm (1/2qt) down in 5K with only 10K on V2 and still showing improvement.
I can live with that and go on to 'better' things on my G with this finally behind me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Quick Reply: Everyone: Check Your Oil!