G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

too much power for a 16 year old?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see why a G35 would be too much power unless you drive it aggresively.
You could give me a Ferrari 430 at the age 16 and I'd drive without breaking any traffic laws or doing stupid stuff.
It's all about control and self restraint I guess.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm 17 and i've been driving just over a year and i own a g35

i have the nicest car at my school out of the students and the faculty and the only student car i could say in ballpark range of the G is my friends tiburon.

no close calls/no accidents/minimal speeding if any

self control

Old 05-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im 17, insurance costs around 3 grand a year for me. as secondary driver. but i have a sedan, which is 2 grand less than the coupe (one reason i didnt get the coupe). im obviously biased on this subject as i have the car and got it when i was 16 years old. its my second car, first was a 1997 Volvo 960 which blew in front of my complex and i have yet to get in a crash in any car. knocks on wood! its all about maturity, i know 30 yr old that woud kill themselves in the G.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:22 PM
i dont think it has two much power, and its not that expensive a car. people might tell you to start off with something cheap, but who knows? maybe to you the g35 is a cheap car you want to bang up before you get a ferrari or something. anyways, you can kill yourself with a ford taurus racing, so just drive it safe and then do what you want later. the only problem may be trying to learn on the G, the tranny/clutch might take a little longer than a honda or something. just get the car and have fun.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by 2EFNFAST
Post a scanned copy of your insurance papers....oh wait.....your mommy has them since minimum age in texas is 16

I wish I could be cool like you
true you got me there but i dont speed or drive to stpuid. one of my good freinds killed himself in his G speeding.

And im getting my license in one week!

Old 05-21-2007, 12:37 AM
best car @ 16 = no car

Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Neal376
best car @ 16 = no car
wow, that makes no sense. How are you suppose to get to work and school it there is no transportation. How do you expect to go out and do anything, you expect someone to be a kid forever?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man this thread came back from the dead.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by 2EFNFAST
Post a scanned copy of your insurance papers....oh wait.....your mommy has them since minimum age in texas is 16

I wish I could be cool like you
Wes is the biggest poser I have seen on this forum. I guarantee nothing about it is in his name. He simply snaps pictures of his mommy's ride and posts them on the forum as if he owns it. Driving around with mommy riding shotgun? You are a playa, pimp.

Originally Posted by wes g
ROFL!!!! CASE AND POINT!!!

Last edited by AdamJ; 05-21-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
I would suggest learning to drive on a slower, FWD/AWD car with better visibility.

A lot of people don't realize how bad the visibility is on a G35. Backing it up is not that easy due to all the blind spots and poor rearward visibility, and you have to especially aware of that on the highway when switching lanes that there is a good amount of space behind you for another car to hide in and you to not even know that they are there. A lot of us probably overlook and forget about some of the minute details of driving such as that, and take them for granted because it's become second nature to account for them.

There are going to be a lot of mistakes that a young driver will make too in regards to parking the thing and taking care of it(car maintenance and detailing is not an overnight thing to learn), and you'll probably want to make those mistakes on a cheaper car(Example: Curbing the wheels while trying to park, going to far forward while pulling into a spot and hitting the curb or another car, scratching up the paint by not using the right washing/waxing process/supplies/equipment).

Another thing to consider is that if you get yourself into an awkward situation(like if you're trying to take a left hand turn at a stoplight and you're sitting at the intersection for a really long time waiting for a break in oncoming traffic for you to drive through and probably pissing off the drivers behind you) you probably won't feel like there's as much attention on you from nearby drivers if you're in a normal old car that sorta blends in, whereas with a beautiful brand new G35 (and at the age of 16, probably overestimating how nice of a car it is and how it makes you look in an ego-boost sort of way), you may be more inclined to make a poor decision just to get out of that situation quick to try to get out of that perceived embarassing "limelight".

I also feel that by starting out on an old crappy car, you will learn to appreciate to a much higher degree every other newer and nicer car that you buy for yourself in the future, because you will have had personal experience in starting out from the bottom with a car that is just average or crappy. Starting out with a brand new nice car, sure you will be aware that there are crappy cars out there(friends will have crappy cars).. but without ever actually owning an average or crappy car yourself, you might miss out on the perspective that it benefits you.

Here's my suggestion: Drive an average or crappy car for a year and focus on honing your driving skills and judgement, get your most serious driving and car-owning mistakes out of the way, and then move on to a nice new G35 or other new car.
So right. You can have all the money in the world, but you can't buy good driving skills. I've matured a lot in driivng and I thank that to having two crappy cars before this G35. [1990 Civic Ex and 2001 Integra GSR]

Old 05-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinn
So right. You can have all the money in the world, but you can't buy good driving skills. I've matured a lot in driivng and I thank that to having two crappy cars before this G35. [1990 Civic Ex and 2001 Integra GSR]
My point made previously...exactly again!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:45 AM
well its mine now so
true you got me there but i dont speed or drive to stpuid. one of my good freinds killed himself in his G speeding.

Case in point about the stupidty of youth - 'It's my caR!!!! (just ignore the fact I'm too young to be the owner of it until whenever!!!).

Btw, you meant your friend killed himself speeding in his parents car

Oh yea, and you don't speed or drive too stupid BECAUSE YOUR FVCKING PARENTS ARE IN THE CAR BECAUSE YOU'RE AN UNDERAGED YOUTH AND YOU DON'T OWN ****

Christ, the posers on here

Old 05-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Received 125 Likes on 75 Posts
OH boy.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
mannnn at 16 i was driving a 85 toyota van or my civic for a lil bit

Old 05-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Mike Team350GZ
haha I have been waiting for someone to say something about wes being 15 and "owning" a G. I was confused if he actually had his license cuz he sure talks like he does but it all makes sense now. oh btw first car ford explorer AWD I think it was a perfect first car with the AWD great in the rain and snow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: too much power for a 16 year old?