G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tire blow out, F1 mtsports bad cust serv.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 PM
boe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No complaints here with F1. I had nothing but good things to say about them. I've been into an accident early this year and messed up both of my rear volks wheels.Gave chris a call and he shipped out both the wheels the very NEXT day!! Thats customer service!

Old 12-20-2006, 09:46 PM
J-Dizzle
Personally, I wouldn't if I could save a few hundred bucks because I had to wait or call back. I was quoted $3,400 +tax and shipping w/o tires for 19" Work 3 Piece S1's. I talked to a few friends and they all said that is a rip. Yeah, sure they give me a quick response but if I had to wait for a day or two to save 400 or 500 bucks. I'd wait and call back in a week.

From what everyone is stating, seems like Chris is the only person running the show. Perhaps you could have saved a little money since he doesn't have to pay staff members to only receive calls and call people back that are only asking for price quotes and whatnot.

In fact, could someone pm me with his info so I could call him to get a quote.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone, I still stand by my thoughts about F1 and their customer service but, Chris from F1 has called me this morning to apologize about his mistake, and I think that a big deal when it comes to admitting that he made a mistake. I'm glad that he recognizes that this is a problem at F1 and sounds like he is going to rectify it, but I still plan to do buisness elsewhere. I'm glad to see that my experience wasnt just an isolated incident.
-chris

Old 12-22-2006, 02:28 PM
I have dealt with Chris at F-1 for 2 sets of VOLKS and my suspension. Chris has ALWAYS kept his word. I am not related to him at all and I did not know him until I bought my first set of VOLKS and SUSPENSION from him. In fact, I drove ALL THE WAY TO LA from SF to get my parts! I even drove down there AGAIN to get my second set of VOLKS!

Sometimes when people don't call back it doesn't mean that you are not important as a customer. Things can come up and people can get busy. He's always called me back when he said he would and I have only read good things about them until this thread. So 19847391743 happy customers as opposed to a couple of unhappy ones? That doesn't mean it's a bad vendor because as most of you know, you can't please everyone but look how many people vouch for this guy or have bought rims from him and were more than pleased.

I'd buy rims from Chris at F-1 ANYTIME. I know for a fact that if there was some sort of factory defect, he'd rectify that problem and take care of it!

Old 12-28-2006, 02:35 PM
i've only been to F1 once, but got a great price and quick install for springs... i'd definately go back...

Old 12-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to the OP...you've got to realize that F1 is only a distributor of the Maya rims you've bought...and most retail stores do not keep more than a few sets of rims in inventory...he has to call maya and see if they have stock of the wheels you need, and that could take a while to get a response from them...you were lucky that Status had the wheel that you wanted...maybe maya did not get back with F1 if they had the inventory yet, so Chris was waiting for a response too...but bad-mouthing F1 just because of that is lame...

Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
two thumbs up for F1. I ordered over the phone and was kinda hesitant to drop $3K to somebody over the phone but they hooked me up and did a great job. Next set of rims I buy will be through F1.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow I missed this thread! I've never had such a bad experience @ F1 motorsports. Chris is a very busy man, and sounds like the only guy at f1 that deals with a lot of customer. He might not be able to please 10 customers at once. I have got my past rims from him, my boss' rims, friend's rims and my current rims. He's done a great customer service on all of em'. As for Midnight(chris), I'm sorry about your experience. Status is great aswell but I don't think you had to bad mouth F1 for not getting a call back. I think you should've resolved it from them first and see what the deal was! Again, Im so sorry for your experience! Good luck with your future wheels, I'm sure you'll be happy with status as well. Hey see you sometime on our meet!