G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

You know you've made the right choice when...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know you've made the right choice when...

I know it's happened to all of us before.

That pleasing moment when a total stranger just HAS to tell you "Great Ride!".

Thumbs up, salutes, grins, smiles, yells, laughs, you know the drill.

Now that I've got some good looking wheels on her it's gotten worse. Folks walking out onto the street to get a closer look and talk while I wait for the light to change (at which time I give them a sample of what she can do from a standing start).

I even had a guy in a black NSX do a double take, smile and give me the thumbs up.

Wonder what will happen once I get everything detailed? [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Screamin' Daemon - L5AT

Old 03-11-2003, 03:07 PM
Re: You know you've made the right choice when...

Yeah...it's gotten to prevalent I've almost gotten used to it already. I have even been asked at a stoplight by a guy next to me in traffic how much it cost.

Actually today I got my first jealous dude. I was driving along normally and some random guy in a truck comes along, honks to get my attention, and then flicks me off for no apparent reason! I would probably have been kind of pissed it it wasn't so funny.

Old 03-11-2003, 03:38 PM

That's the kind of a-hole that keys peoples rides just because they don't and can't have one. And it's the same guy that although you park far away from other cars pulls up and parks 2 inches from your car even if there are a million spaces closer. I hate those kind of people.

G35C Aero/Prem/6M

Old 03-11-2003, 05:08 PM

Hahaha that's great Mani. I probably would've LMAO. But yea, very true, those are the people that go around screwing with peoples' cars out of jealousy. [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]

2003 G35 Coupe
Black, Willow, 6spd, Aero, Prem
On the way...due in April...hurry!! [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 05:49 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

Hey Mani, I've had that happen to me before too, in my Corolla.....I had just gotten limo tint all around about a week prior, and just got it washed, and a *** in an explorer crossed a red light to get to me, then he honked and swerved into my car, i avoided it thank god, then he rolled down his window and flicked me off and told me "BUY AMERICAN YOU A$$HOLE"....i simply replied with..."Go flip your explorer dumba$$"
I guess people hate foreign cars because our economy is doing so bad, so they absolutely hate it when they see people like us driving shiny foreign makes that dont flip over while going straight...

<font color=blue>-Ramb<font color=red>0</font color=red></font color=blue>
Yeah, Mongolians!

Old 03-11-2003, 06:13 PM

"Theoretically, those are the guys that will key your car just because they can't afford or get to your level (financially). "

Yeah, I was telling my friend riding with me this exact thing after the guy did it. I can't stand people like this who think the world owes them something just because they got a crappy lot in life.

Old 03-12-2003, 04:22 PM

Don't jinx me!!!

I bought a used '97 MarkVIII last September. By November, it had been keyed. Since I didn't like the color and didn't want to pay the deductable to get it painted, I bought the G35.

This wasn't the first time a ride of mine has been keyed.

I'd bought a new '84 T-Bird on a Wednesday. Went out on a date that Friday. Saturday morning I discovered that the entire left side of the car had been keyed.Since the car was new and the insurance company said that I could get the entire car repainted, I paid that deductable. Unfortunately, it was a lousy paint job. In just a couple of years the paint was falling off in chunks. (The '88 Bronco I bought to replace the T-Bird did the same thing. Turns out that Ford was using a flame retardent primer which wasn't holding onto the base coat very well. Ford never did a recall (even though there was a class action suit about this problem) but they did call folks individually and ask "Can you remove a patch of paint if you stick some tape to the surface of your truck?". "Hah!", I said, "I can blow it off with a whisper!".)

Screamin' Daemon - L5AT

Old 03-12-2003, 04:42 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I still prefer the Mark Vlll over the LS. It's been a favorite of mine for years.
Hope your G doesn't get the same key 'treatment' UGH[img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>