G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking advice?

Ive had my 06 G Coupe 6mt for a couple months now and LOVE it! But, I just got the mod bug big time. Ive just ordered ztube pop combo, md 5/16 iso thermal, mrev2, headers, high flow cats, full catback exhaust, unorthodox racing pulleys. And thats just performance mods, Im outta fookin control! Whata you all think? tune it before i go any further. or should i get the light weight flywheel and clutch combo i want first or does that even matter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait for all my goodies to get here! should have them all in about a week or less! Im so stoked!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 PM
The only mod I have on mine is a replaced clutch and lightened flywheel, and it's a big improvement. Especially when you compare the stock weight vs the light weight.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Suspension and wheels are the first things I'd buy

Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlueGGGeans
Ive had my 06 G Coupe 6mt for a couple months now and LOVE it! But, I just got the mod bug big time. Ive just ordered ztube pop combo, md 5/16 iso thermal, mrev2, headers, high flow cats, full catback exhaust, unorthodox racing pulleys. And thats just performance mods, Im outta fookin control! Whata you all think? tune it before i go any further. or should i get the light weight flywheel and clutch combo i want first or does that even matter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait for all my goodies to get here! should have them all in about a week or less! Im so stoked!
Yeah suspension mods definitely, springs or coilovers for a drop, camber kit, wheel spacers, strut bars etc. Oh and a BBK would be nice too.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueGGGeans
Wow that's a lot of engine mods all at once LOL. Personally, I prefer to do one at a time so that I know exactly what I'm getting from each mod (it also helps to pinpoint any issues or problems that come up as well). If you are going to put that many mods in at one time, I would highly recommend that you get a tune right after to get the most out of them.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:59 PM
He guys I just got my 03 coupe about 5 months ago and I am researching all the mods I am interested in. I knew nothing about cars before so my G has inspired me to join the forums and start to learn some things. I was looking into a vented hood made by chargespeed and I am looking for the best place w some good prices to buy. I have looked on google but there aren't many options so i am hoping someone can point me in a good direction online to look for hoods/body kit. I am going to get a gtr body kit and was questioning lowering my car cause it already curbs and I have been reading that not lowering your car and moding it is lame exc. But in heard lowering it puts a lot more wear and tear on your tired. Any opinions would be great sorry for the long post! Thanks

Old 04-27-2010, 12:10 AM
By the way what do u guys think is the top 5 basic mods to start with your G?

Old 04-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Brady.law
He guys I just got my 03 coupe about 5 months ago and I am researching all the mods I am interested in. I knew nothing about cars before so my G has inspired me to join the forums and start to learn some things. I was looking into a vented hood made by chargespeed and I am looking for the best place w some good prices to buy. I have looked on google but there aren't many options so i am hoping someone can point me in a good direction online to look for hoods/body kit. I am going to get a gtr body kit and was questioning lowering my car cause it already curbs and I have been reading that not lowering your car and moding it is lame exc. But in heard lowering it puts a lot more wear and tear on your tired. Any opinions would be great sorry for the long post! Thanks

Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^

Do not go with the GTR front end, the concept of putting that on a G35 is retarded.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:59 AM
I just read many many early pages in here and read my way out of doing the gtr front. While looking for body kits I saw that and liked it a lot but then did the research... The nismo is boring/ugly to me but I opt not to go for the gtr since I read all negativity about it...I'm slowly learning.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:20 AM
^Good choice. IMO there are a lot of ricey body kits available for our cars but there's a few that are decent. Sport aero package...FTW

Old 04-27-2010, 04:10 AM
I don't know in just really liked the gtr bodykit...now I am having trouble finding another I like

Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Personally, I just don't like body kits for a car that are designed to make it look like a different car. But it all comes down to personal preference.
Every thread that pops up concerning wheels, body kits, repainting options...etc will have its share of people that either like or dislike the idea. (NEVER FAILS)
Ultimately its your car and your decision.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get suspension and a lip kit and be done... personally i dont like changing the body rediculous amounts... make it a discreet track car that looks hella clean IMO.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
If you must get a bodykit go with a nice bumper like kuruma z, K2, inven, Kenstyle, sideskirts impul, ings, greddy are nice. Rear chargespeed or the new strafespeed rear

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread