G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
^an aftermarket intake doesn't really give more gains than a ztube. It just looks better under the hood

Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by g35cam
and your going no where helping me, get out of my thread...

kthanksbye

im sure there are small mods i can do for under $150, ****, thats how much i tinted my windows for
Go to Ebay and search g35 coupe and search in the accessories part.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so i got my tax return check back and im looking to spend 400-800 on mods. what you think i should get? i already have my min set on the k2 remix front. already have plenum 5/16 spacer and a greddy exhaust.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35cam
and your going no where helping me, get out of my thread...

kthanksbye

im sure there are small mods i can do for under $150, ****, thats how much i tinted my windows for
Originally Posted by G3LU5
Go to Ebay and search g35 coupe and search in the accessories part.
You do realize that was posted a long time ago.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by bknewtype
so i got my tax return check back and im looking to spend 400-800 on mods. what you think i should get? i already have my min set on the k2 remix front. already have plenum 5/16 spacer and a greddy exhaust.
HFC's to go with the exhaust ($200-300)
And an intake to let it breath better.

Or, get the Osiris tune, best power gain within that price range.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mpsbayarea6MT
^ I've got test pipes here in CA. Illegal i know but i plan on swapping them out for smog in two years. I loved the sound and hp gain from them... highly recommended for the price. And @ 07gmoney35 --Z-tube will just give you sound IMO and as for the knn drop in if u plan on further modding later on just get an intake... it makes it more fun haha with sound and response gains.
I have no hands on experience but after lots of research, I believe that most all intakes other than the stock will actually cause loss of hp due to heat soak.The stock intake is almost like a cai and the best gains are received by adding a drop in filter with a higher flow rate.

Am I right in this conclusion?

Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
^I have the Injen CAI. When the car is moving, the intake air temp remains roughly the same. When stopped however, The temp rises about 20 degrees. If I remember to, I'll throw my stock intake on and compare the numbers since this comes up a lot.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
^I have the Injen CAI. When the car is moving, the intake air temp remains roughly the same. When stopped however, The temp rises about 20 degrees. If I remember to, I'll throw my stock intake on and compare the numbers since this comes up a lot.
That would be very helpful. Thank You

Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
You do realize that was posted a long time ago.
Yeah, but you know sometimes for some ppl it takes up to 3 times, so lets throw in another just for safe keepin....

Go to Ebay, and in search bar type g35, then on the left there will choices of all of ebay motors, *accessories* this is what you click. Then there will be lots of stuff for under $200.00. There is even a great supercharger on there for under $200.00, and you can install yourself....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...item255a734397 Adds up to 35 HP!!!!!! HELL YEA!!! For under $50 bucks shipped!!! You could like quadruple turbo your stuff!!! WOW!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:52 PM
does the 1/2 spacer and MREV2 requirs torque for the nuts and bolts? if so, does anyone know?

Old 05-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Athens Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by mrprofile855
does the 1/2 spacer and MREV2 requirs torque for the nuts and bolts? if so, does anyone know?
Yea, you should get a Torque Wrench from your local car or hardware store, and carefully read the manuals on the mrev2 website to find out how tight you need to torque each bolt.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by anynigma
Yea, you should get a Torque Wrench from your local car or hardware store, and carefully read the manuals on the mrev2 website to find out how tight you need to torque each bolt.
You can pick up a torque wrench at Harbor Freight Tools for $15, just bought myself one yesterday. Now I have to get an Impact wrench, I got my sway bars in yesterday and stripped a endlink bolt trying to get it off, with impact gun it would have came right off.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Ay. Im a first time G owner. Just purchased a stock 03' coupe 5AT with 67xxx on her. She's pretty well taken care off besides the normal wear and tear on the inside and out. ( needs floor mats, chips and a tiny dent and some other bs on the exterior ) but overall, not bad for 13 grand and only being 19 y.o. I finally got her sideways in the parking lot at my old hs. Turned of the VDC and tossed in tiptronic and got on her a bit. Got me grinnin' ear to ear. I just got done detailin' her with the orbital buffer and switchin the airfilter to KnN and puttin some Royal Purp. in her. Put some new Sumotomos tires for the next year or so with some new cermaic pads.. so no tires or brake kits yet. But now, its time to get some mods added on her.. I got a pretty extensive list, and I would like some input/advice on some of them.. =]
1) Tint 10 – 15%
2) Smoked/Layover head and tail lights. (how bad does it affect the lights in general? do I need to upgrade the light bulbs? and GT350 layovers for the taillights? maybe..)
3) Debadging... maybe rebadging for GT350.. not quite sure. Id love to put a GTR symbol in the grill..
4) Black carpets with black floor mats with red stiching and logos
5) Paint stock grill until aftermarket one purchased
6) Paint stock calipers (not brembos :[ ) red for time being
7) Clear side markers
8) Red neons under seats, dash, in engine bay, trunk and under car. Red fog lights as well
9) Change all instrumentpanel lights/ac lights/interior lights to red (how do I do this?)
10) Paint stocks rims bronze/gloss black for time being plus adding 20 mm spacers for time being
11) Eyelids for the headlights.. can I change the orange blinkers? or is that DOT?
12) Brushed aluminum dash dress up kit.. can I change my whole center console to being all brushed aluminum? where can I get both, if so?
13) Id like to get a key.. like the Audis i think that flip out when you push a button made for the GT with remote start
14) Dye biege headboard and pillars black
15) Redye seats or redo with red stitching and logoing
16) A single sub box.. like one from Zenclosers.. (anyone know of any better subwoofer layouts for the GT?)
17) what would you guys think of like a BMW sharkwing for FM/Satelite purposes? just a thought..
18) Ztube, MRev, pully upgrade, engine tuning.. any other little things for some extra umph?
19) Exhaust.. headers back.. i know youve seen the eisemann exhaust prototype.. personally.. i love it. but probably wont make it to market.. if real.. ive still gotta find one thats already out there
20) Double Din GPS touchscreen.. with AC controls relocated to tiny storage above glove box (maybe)
21) Upgrade the suspension.. Camber kits, sway bars, coilovers and some other goodies
22) Then upgrade brakes.. Brembo of course
23) Body kit.. I like the Kstyle as seen on body-kitz.com. (the blue G)
24) Wing.. perferable one like this... http://www.carbodykits.com/RACEONUSA...06-2-Door.html
25) Butterfly doors, like Mc. F1? >_> they are nasty, you gotta admit it.
26) Eventually remove shifter from center console and add paddle shift behinds steering wheels. (ya, I said it. Someone make it happen)
27) At 100k, if I still got the GT, id throw in a 4.2 long block, build it for F.I., toss in a better 6AT >_> if there is such a thing, or a strong 5AT and beef up the rear diff.

Let me know what you think.. add your ideas and inputs. Just tryin to build one of my many dream cars..

Old 05-13-2010, 04:20 AM
You have a lot of research to do. The majority of things on you list have been done already, use the search option to find the info. I've added some of my opinions below in red.

Originally Posted by HavokGT
1) Tint 10 – 15%
2) Smoked/Layover head and tail lights. (how bad does it affect the lights in general? do I need to upgrade the light bulbs? and GT350 layovers for the taillights? maybe..)
3) Debadging... maybe rebadging for GT350.. not quite sure. Id love to put a GTR symbol in the grill..
Why would you stick a GTR badge on? Don't do it!!!
7) Clear side markers
8) Red neons under seats, dash, in engine bay, trunk and under car. Red fog lights as well
Neons inside of the car aren't bad. Exterior neons = RICE
9) Change all instrumentpanel lights/ac lights/interior lights to red (how do I do this?)
10) Paint stocks rims bronze/gloss black for time being plus adding 20 mm spacers for time being
11) Eyelids for the headlights.. can I change the orange blinkers? or is that DOT?
12) Brushed aluminum dash dress up kit.. can I change my whole center console to being all brushed aluminum? where can I get both, if so?
13) Id like to get a key.. like the Audis i think that flip out when you push a button made for the GT with remote start
16) A single sub box.. like one from Zenclosers.. (anyone know of any better subwoofer layouts for the GT?)
17) what would you guys think of like a BMW sharkwing for FM/Satelite purposes? just a thought..
I would put it in the rear window.
18) Ztube, MRev, pully upgrade, engine tuning.. any other little things for some extra umph?
Look through previous pages
19) Exhaust.. headers back.. i know youve seen the eisemann exhaust prototype.. personally.. i love it. but probably wont make it to market.. if real.. ive still gotta find one thats already out there
No point in doing headers if you going FI
20) Double Din GPS touchscreen.. with AC controls relocated to tiny storage above glove box (maybe)
21) Upgrade the suspension.. Camber kits, sway bars, coilovers and some other goodies
24) Wing.. perferable one like this... http://www.carbodykits.com/RACEONUSA...06-2-Door.html
25) Butterfly :NOOOdoors, like Mc. F1? >_> they are nasty, you gotta admit it.
Probably impossible anyways with our doors
26) Eventually remove shifter from center console and add paddle shift behinds steering wheels. (ya, I said it. Someone make it happen)
27) At 100k, if I still got the GT, id throw in a 4.2 long block, build it for F.I., toss in a better 6AT >_> if there is such a thing, or a strong 5AT and beef up the rear diff.
There's no such thing as a 6AT. Just 5AT, maybe a 7AT with custom fabrication

Let me know what you think.. add your ideas and inputs. Just tryin to build one of my many dream cars..
Just curious, whats your budget look like for the modifications?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by HavokGT
Ay. Im a first time G owner. Just purchased a stock 03' coupe 5AT with 67xxx on her. She's pretty well taken care off besides the normal wear and tear on the inside and out. ( needs floor mats, chips and a tiny dent and some other bs on the exterior ) but overall, not bad for 13 grand and only being 19 y.o. I finally got her sideways in the parking lot at my old hs. Turned of the VDC and tossed in tiptronic and got on her a bit. Got me grinnin' ear to ear. I just got done detailin' her with the orbital buffer and switchin the airfilter to KnN and puttin some Royal Purp. in her. Put some new Sumotomos tires for the next year or so with some new cermaic pads.. so no tires or brake kits yet. But now, its time to get some mods added on her.. I got a pretty extensive list, and I would like some input/advice on some of them.. =]
1) Tint 10 – 15%
3) Debadging... maybe rebadging for GT350 what the heck is a GT 350.. not quite sure. Id love to put a GTR symbol in the grill.. are you kidding me?
7) Clear side markers
24) Wing.. perferable one like this... http://www.carbodykits.com/RACEONUSA...06-2-Door.html25) Butterfly doors, like Mc. F1? >_> they are nasty, you gotta admit it.

G's are getting way too cheap..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread