G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:54 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Nope, the 03-04 coupe radio assemblies are different than the 05-07 coupes. They have the surrounds for the AC vents while the 05-07 coupes don't.

Old 04-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Nope, the 03-04 coupe radio assemblies are different than the 05-07 coupes. They have the surrounds for the AC vents while the 05-07 coupes don't.
Ok thank you for the information, I'll be looking for an 03-04 center radio console with navi.

Also My car doesnt have factory stock navi, I think you can still fit one in aftermarket without fitment issues??

Old 04-03-2019, 05:00 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Honestly I would stay FAR away from the factory navigation unit, extremely outdated and it was a clunky mess to begin with.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Honestly I would stay FAR away from the factory navigation unit, extremely outdated and it was a clunky mess to begin with.
I just love that pop up nav it is just so badass for me, I will definitely be getting it. I would though love to play media on it like DVDs or USB media instead of having a navi unit in the glove box.

Last edited by gill1606; 04-04-2019 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Evening - Got a set of Hotchkiss adjustable sways and SPL endlinks for my 04 G35 sport coupe -

My questions is what start off settings do you suggest for a weekend wannabe racer? I am thinking of the second hole from the farthest hole away from the bar..? That seems to be a bit more stiff for the front and back, I think the car handles fairly well now - and don't feel like I need to tighten up the front more than the rear or the other way around. Since I have to put it up at the shop, I really don't want to need another adjustment until I have more upgrades.

also - will I need any alignment work after the install?

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2019, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by ArkansasG35COUPE
Evening - Got a set of Hotchkiss adjustable sways and SPL endlinks for my 04 G35 sport coupe -

My questions is what start off settings do you suggest for a weekend wannabe racer? I am thinking of the second hole from the farthest hole away from the bar..? That seems to be a bit more stiff for the front and back, I think the car handles fairly well now - and don't feel like I need to tighten up the front more than the rear or the other way around. Since I have to put it up at the shop, I really don't want to need another adjustment until I have more upgrades.

Thanks!
No alignment, start with front bar stock stiffness and rear bar +1 hole from stock. Any tighter and you risk oversteer.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Thanks Urban - follow up question... What hole would be stock stiffness setting? If starting form the inside of the bar going out towards the last hole - would the first hole be stock? or would it be the farthest hole?

I have a set of TEIN stechs coming - should I do it all at once or one mod at a time to get the setup correct. I am thinking that I should do the sways (drive it a week or more to get the setup) then install the springs at a later date, what do you think? I did the plenum spacer and resonated test pipes at the same time and wish I would have done them one at a time to evaluate each for effectiveness.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:22 AM
Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Thanks Urban - follow up question... What hole would be stock stiffness setting? If starting form the inside of the bar going out towards the last hole - would the first hole be stock? or would it be the farthest hole?

I have a set of TEIN stechs coming - should I do it all at once or one mod at a time to get the setup correct. I am thinking that I should do the sways (drive it a week or more to get the setup) then install the springs at a later date, what do you think? I did the plenum spacer and resonated test pipes at the same time and wish I would have done them one at a time to evaluate each for effectiveness.
The hole closest to the bar is the softest, but I believe for most adjustable swaybars that's still something like 30% stiffer than stock if not more. Regardless, I'd do the swaybars only at first as it makes a HUGE difference in the way the car handles.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:27 AM
2004 G35 DE coupe
Originally Posted by gill1606
I just love that pop up nav it is just so badass for me, I will definitely be getting it. I would though love to play media on it like DVDs or USB media instead of having a navi unit in the glove box.
Gill, I have the factory navigation in my 04 coupe I would be willing to sell for the right offer. Direct message me and we can discuss.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:20 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts

Thanks!
Set to full stuff front, full soft rear and go from there. That's what Hotchkiss recommends.
Mine are set to full stiff front, middle hole rear. Felt that gave me the flatest feeling on back mountain roads. On really tight turns (like a short road course, autocross, or Tail of the Dragon) I went down to softer in the rear because I noticed inner wheel was lifting and activating traction control.
Hole at the end of the bar is softest, gets stiffer as you move inside.

The following users liked this post:
ArkansasG35COUPE (04-06-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by jparker7269
Gill, I have the factory navigation in my 04 coupe I would be willing to sell for the right offer. Direct message me and we can discuss.
I looked up the installation procedure for retro fitting a navigation system into a non-nav G35, and it is not plug and play dynamics here, you have to literally open up the entire dashboard and steering wheel and gauge cluster to introduce a wiring harness specifically designed to plug into the navi unit along with everything else as normal.

I would have really loved that badass pop up screen on my G, but there is no way I have that level of expertise right now, maybe down the line idk. Even then I would have to get a center console that takes the nav screen, as I currently have the stock storage bin with the cover. I dont think that console is designed to accept a navi screen, I would have to buy a ce ter console that is designed for the nav screen or the entire cluster already assembled together and take out the old one.

Taking out the old and putting in a new one would have been simple enough to do, if it weren't for replacing the wiring harness as well. I wish Nissan kept wiring the same on all models, just leave the unused harness unplugged if someone got a G without the Navi, but they are not so it makes the job harder to do.

I will be going double din.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Coupe window vent visor link-?? Anyone have a connection for some vent visors.. I searched but didn't find anything for the coupe.

Thanks,

Andy

Old 04-07-2019, 07:45 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
They probably don't make them because it's a frameless window.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:47 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Time to modify some sedan ones and buy some 3M double sided tape.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:21 AM
2004 G35 DE coupe
Originally Posted by gill1606
I looked up the installation procedure for retro fitting a navigation system into a non-nav G35, and it is not plug and play dynamics here, you have to literally open up the entire dashboard and steering wheel and gauge cluster to introduce a wiring harness specifically designed to plug into the navi unit along with everything else as normal.

I would have really loved that badass pop up screen on my G, but there is no way I have that level of expertise right now, maybe down the line idk. Even then I would have to get a center console that takes the nav screen, as I currently have the stock storage bin with the cover. I dont think that console is designed to accept a navi screen, I would have to buy a ce ter console that is designed for the nav screen or the entire cluster already assembled together and take out the old one.

Taking out the old and putting in a new one would have been simple enough to do, if it weren't for replacing the wiring harness as well. I wish Nissan kept wiring the same on all models, just leave the unused harness unplugged if someone got a G without the Navi, but they are not so it makes the job harder to do.

I will be going double din.
I understand, yes it is a lot of work. I was however offering the complete unit, all you would need is the harness. I plan to go to a nicely optioned touch screen double din that will replace the whole unit as well. Good luck...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Coupe Random Little Question Thread