G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 = I Hate HoNdA?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^You don't suppose it was in the far off chance that they knew it was an NSX and gave it props? I know I would for sure no matter what I was driving.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Lol...oh the irony.

Nice Sunday night, I take the mustang for a spin. I've driven it only 45 miles this year so far so trying to squeeze it in where I can. Anyway I'm out for two hours on a gorgeous 80 degree evening, windows and sunroof open, cam camming away, headers...um..headering away. Anyway, got some nods, some stares from fart can toting civics but nobody really bothered me which is what I like because I could care less about who's car is faster....I just want to cruise.......

....Except some asshat in a g35 coupe had to ruin it. Wouldn't leave me alone and tried to get me to race at every light. I had to bang a right when he scooted ahead of me to get away from him. But I know that isn't anyone here

Old 07-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^You don't suppose it was in the far off chance that they knew it was an NSX and gave it props? I know I would for sure no matter what I was driving.
I have given that thought, but I've heard the same from other NSX guys. Vette guy walks up to the front of the car and wanting to talk about your Vette until he realizes it's an Acura.

First comment I got when I first bought it: "Dannnnnnnnng those new Firebirds are looking SWEET"

On the subject, I've had G35s ride my tail and rev at me in my S30, so they certainly have ***** owners. Give the Z daddy some respect.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:42 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Bummer it wasn't anyone on driver... I would start pouring over the coupe section and g-spot looking for a thread about how he "beat" a Mustang

Old 07-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by usafdarkhorse
I have given that thought, but I've heard the same from other NSX guys. Vette guy walks up to the front of the car and wanting to talk about your Vette until he realizes it's an Acura.

First comment I got when I first bought it: "Dannnnnnnnng those new Firebirds are looking SWEET"

On the subject, I've had G35s ride my tail and rev at me in my S30, so they certainly have ***** owners. Give the Z daddy some respect.

Lol. That's rough. I see many two nsx's a year and even I can still recognize them from a distance. Really nice clean white one in my area.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
? = 2B || !2B

The only thing I've ever mistaken an NSX for is a Ferrari 355 (from a distance)

Old 07-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^Bummer it wasn't anyone on driver... I would start pouring over the coupe section and g-spot looking for a thread about how he "beat" a Mustang

Lol in all fairness I have gotten nods and compliments from g35/g37 owners here and there. Tends to be from the 28+ year old crowd.

I remember back when the g37 coupe first came out. I saw a black 6mt maybe a couple weeks after they went on sale driven by a guy in his 50s. Anyway we were on a 3 lane road with a speed limit of 45. We prob went back and forth just casually rolling on the the throttle past each others windows playing up the exhaust note.

A mile later we get caught at the light and he just tells me he was drooling over then sound of my car. Meanwhile I'm telling him I'm drooling over his car. Was kinda funny actually. Light goes green and we take off with a wave....the way it should be.

I've come across many cool guys like that in many cars. It's the cocky arrogant ones that want to prove something that ruin it for everyone.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:57 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Got something similar from a Z driver back when I had the TA. (The drooling over the other's exhaust note thing)

Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont hate on honada to much , i just find putting so much power to a front wheel drive is a waste , i would rather put that money into a rx7,240sx.300zx.celica AWD and ect

but on the other hand i do have a 1989 civic hatch back EF rare creamey white with brown int. with bbs rims lol, the only plans for that is snow tires and HID's

Old 07-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jairen
As a person who visit's the drag strip at least twice a month, I will say this...

As for Honda's, yes there are fast ones, but the majority are pretty slow. The owners may think otherwise. I've been confronted by Honda owners at the track after beating them, even when stock on having "naws or juice" because they have never lost to a G35 in the street. At least they took it to the track.

Ask anyone who visits the track regularly, you will find most of them are noobs. Examples are, not knowing how to stage right, speeding down return lanes, stopping in return lanes, etc. I know what your thinking. This can happen to any group of cars. True, but the vast majority in my experience of problems have been Honda owners. I also volunteer at the local track as a track official and a tech inspector. I cringe sometimes when having to tech in a Honda owners because one of two things will happen. Either the tech card isn't filled out right, or they can barely speak English. Wish I would have kept on my spanglish sometimes.

Think about it this way. Usually, the Mustang crowd out numbers the Honda crowd. We usually don't have issues the the domestic crowd as we do with the Honda crowd.

Constantly revving up their motors for no reason is a common one too. Gets annoying. I've never understood the why Honda owners always have to rev their motors for no obvious reason. Is revving a Honda the way to diagnose an issue? I see it all the time. They lose a race, go to the pits, rev the motor and listen for something. What they f*** are they listening for? Here's the icing o the cake. If you beat them in the first 60ft, they automatically shut down and pretend to miss second gear. I see it all the time. A lot of times, they won't race other cars unless it's another Honda to avoid the hungry Mustang crowd who are always gunning for them.

Also, there was a group of 3 stripped Honda hatches at the track at Sacramento raceway on slicks and skinnies on the back. I watched them throughout the day. None of them could brake at 15 sec barrier. To an avid drag racer...skinnies in the rear and slicks in the front on a 15 sec car IS something to laugh about. LOL!

EDIT: There are a few in our group who owns Honda's and they too laugh at these guys.

Sorry for the rant.
I'll tell you what, that applies to every track I've been to. They think they're something special when they run 14.4-14.8s, and it gets really annoying. I had one almost run me off the road on the way back from the track. Total morons, and the spanglish comment is ABSOLUTELY true.

As others have mentioned, I really don't have too much of a problem with the cars, but it's the owners at get under my skin. There are a bunch of degenerate, low-income, douchebags that pilot a lot of civics/intergras, etc. It's sad, but it's true. I'm sure the same will happen as the G35 gets cheaper because it's happened to some extent with the E36 BMWs.

Originally Posted by K Dub
I don't hate hondas, just ricey hondas.

If anything having the G has made me like Honda more as all the typical "G issues" have shown me what a superior automobile Honda makes over Nissan. Never had issues like these in any of the hondas I've owned, that's for sure.
I've had the check engine light come on ONCE in 121,000 miles of ownership (for a sensor). My G35 is a 02/02 build date, and it doesn't creak and rattle. It's been a very solid car, and I don't baby it in the least bit.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I think once you get into a TL or above, alot of that kid racer crap goes out the window. I like the TL. If I had to have FWD, the TL would be on my very short list. Although I like the AWD RL a bit better.
Not true. Go on AcuraZine at some point. I've run into a few TL/RL/CL drivers who are complete tools.

Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
I was also about to buy a 07 TL-S, ASPEC kit, 6mt, blk/blk, navi. etc.

But the sales guy was a fn idiot. Had no clue what ASPEC was, so I went to Infiniti across the street. LOL, I should have been more patient now that I think about it.

Maybe if this car was sold as a Nissan instead, and I was refunded 15k, I would be happier.

Better as in look wise. But reliability wise cmon.. Let's not forget this is just a rebadge Nissan.. This car really isn't a Luxury car. I have come to acceptance of that.

All this time I have been complaining about rattles, cracks, creaks, popping noise, loose axle bolts, etc etc... I shouldn't be complaining.. This is a Nissan after all. Over priced Nissan, but hey, it's my fault for having a higher expectation..

The fact that I still have the car proves that I do love the car. No matter what you people say.

Well after owning my first Infiniti, I'm going back to Acura or Lexus if I do sell the G.
I now understand why there aren't that many Infiniti dealership.

We get it, you don't like the car. Can you take a break from trolling Acuras for a second? I've driven and raced the TL, and it's nothing special. In fact, I prefer my car to it in almost every way. It's just a boring car with wrong wheel drive.

Originally Posted by iTzTeddy
I fell in love with the BMW 335i, I am so in love with that car. I hate looking at my G now after riding in my friend's 2011 335i
They are nice cars, but they have sludge issues from the Direct Injection, along with fuel pump failures and some cooling issues. I used to be all about them, but I won't touch one with a 10 foot pole now.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by 03BaseSedan

We get it, you don't like the car. Can you take a break from trolling Acuras for a second? I've driven and raced the TL, and it's nothing special. In fact, I prefer my car to it in almost every way. It's just a boring car with wrong wheel drive.
^

Old 07-19-2010, 08:24 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
My EK makes panties drop

Old 07-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Jairen
As a person who visit's the drag strip at least twice a month, I will say this...

As for Honda's, yes there are fast ones, but the majority are pretty slow. The owners may think otherwise. I've been confronted by Honda owners at the track after beating them, even when stock on having "naws or juice" because they have never lost to a G35 in the street. At least they took it to the track.

Ask anyone who visits the track regularly, you will find most of them are noobs. Examples are, not knowing how to stage right, speeding down return lanes, stopping in return lanes, etc. I know what your thinking. This can happen to any group of cars. True, but the vast majority in my experience of problems have been Honda owners. I also volunteer at the local track as a track official and a tech inspector. I cringe sometimes when having to tech in a Honda owners because one of two things will happen. Either the tech card isn't filled out right, or they can barely speak English. Wish I would have kept on my spanglish sometimes.

Think about it this way. Usually, the Mustang crowd out numbers the Honda crowd. We usually don't have issues the the domestic crowd as we do with the Honda crowd.

Constantly revving up their motors for no reason is a common one too. Gets annoying. I've never understood the why Honda owners always have to rev their motors for no obvious reason. Is revving a Honda the way to diagnose an issue? I see it all the time. They lose a race, go to the pits, rev the motor and listen for something. What they f*** are they listening for? Here's the icing o the cake. If you beat them in the first 60ft, they automatically shut down and pretend to miss second gear. I see it all the time. A lot of times, they won't race other cars unless it's another Honda to avoid the hungry Mustang crowd who are always gunning for them.

Also, there was a group of 3 stripped Honda hatches at the track at Sacramento raceway on slicks and skinnies on the back. I watched them throughout the day. None of them could brake at 15 sec barrier. To an avid drag racer...skinnies in the rear and slicks in the front on a 15 sec car IS something to laugh about. LOL!

EDIT: There are a few in our group who owns Honda's and they too laugh at these guys.

Sorry for the rant.
Lol. This is 100% true at my local track too. Seems the civic crowd has the worst track etiquette of any group. I never understood what banging your car off the limiter while two of your buddies poke around under the hood while you are in the staging lanes.

I cringe when i hit the rev limiter, but to these guys it's a diagnostic tool??

Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
No Acura TL has slain my G.... even modded ones... just sayin'....

And for the most part, G coupes ignore me. I have to look for other sedans to get noticed. Just this morning a coupe drove by with lips, clear corners, and painted wheels, didn't even look at my car next to it.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
my EK ignores my coupe. and they share the same garage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 = I Hate HoNdA?!?!