G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Any love for my question?
speed bumps

Old 01-26-2011, 07:30 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
haha fvcker.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Anyone selling a front bumper cover for a 03 sedan in OB black?

Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first shot at this so I hope Im posting in the right place...
I have an 03 sedan that has the blackish gray fiberglass / rubber pieces all the way around the bottom of the car. I love the way this car looks stock and dont really want to do much to it other than give it a "cleaner" look. I bought an adhesive spray "Bulldog" and an automotive paint made for bumpers, so its flexible. I plan on painting it black since every time I dress these pieces up with armor all it looks bad in a couple of days.. Good idea? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by barbereno; 01-26-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
What wears coilovers out the fastest? dampening settings, height of the set up (slammed or not), road conditions, ????
Hard to answer really cause depending on one condition, it will affect the other.

If you are really low and have bad road conditions, you'll have more wear than if you were really low and had good road conditions. You also have to take spring rates into consideration. With higher spring rates, your shocks will travel less but also give you a rougher ride.

Aggressively lowering a car also puts pressure/stress on other OEM components (bushings etc) causing them to wear out quicker than being on OEM suspension.

Not sure if this helps answer your question or not

Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Any love for my question?
^+1. I hope someone chimes in, I'd like to know as well.
Tim, if you decide to break-down and call Tien (or any other CO company) I'd like to hear what they have to say.

Originally Posted by barbereno
This is my first shot at this so I hope Im posting in the right place...
I have an 03 sedan that has the gray fiberglass / rubber pieces all the way around the bottom of the car. I love the way this car looks stock and dont really want to do much to it other than give it a "cleaner" look. I bought an adhesive spray "Bulldog" and an automotive paint made for bumpers, so its flexible. I plan on painting it black since every time I dress these pieces up with armor all it looks bad in a couple of days.. Good idea? Thanks in advance.
Yes, you posted in the right place. Well done

Since you've used armor-all in the past, prep work will be VERY important to your success.
Personally, I like to see the lower sills colormatched to the body, rather than black. But whichever way you decide to go, here's the thread you'll need: https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...-04-sedan.html

And BTW, which Melbourne? Is it the one that looks like ---> ǝuɹnoqlǝɯ

Old 01-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
take the audio stuff out and then sell it for that 7-8k, sell the audio crap here or on ebay as well. make 8-9k total.

people pay for the car not whats in the car. I see a 03 red sedan with 12x on the clock. thats all i'm focused on and thats what i'm going to pay. Some people are actually turned off by a modified car. So bring to stock and you least double potential buyers.
+1... that's why I'll probably never be able to sell my car I've been considering putting it up and seeing what interest there would be - but I have no idea what price to set it...

hard for me to part out at this point because I cant imagine anyone wanting the body work and cams (two things that cant be undone) without all the other mods...

I wish I had room to just keep it and and buy another toy... there are more ideas I have for the G, but I'm not so into it these days... anyone got idea of reasonable price? 47K miles (all mods in garage)...

Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Don't sell your car.
If you do, don't part it out, sell it on 'Driver to someone who wants it as-is, like Aaron did.
Seeing a nicely modded, tasteful G get parted out makes me sad.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks NFSP. That was exactly what I was looking for and a little more. It looked like a couple guys hijacked that thread and turned it into elementary school. I see you painted yours the same color as the rest of the car. That along with the rest looks great. I just got this car and have found a ton of things I plan on working on. Power window, CD player, power seat, AC noise and some little things. I ordered some headlights off ebay as one of mine was super foggy. The new ones will not allow for the HIDs?? so I have to figure out some thing there. This site is a great resource thanks again.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I hope I get what I want for my car.... makes me so nervous haha

Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by barbereno
Thanks NFSP. That was exactly what I was looking for and a little more. It looked like a couple guys hijacked that thread and turned it into elementary school. I see you painted yours the same color as the rest of the car. That along with the rest looks great. I just got this car and have found a ton of things I plan on working on. Power window, CD player, power seat, AC noise and some little things. I ordered some headlights off ebay as one of mine was super foggy. The new ones will not allow for the HIDs?? so I have to figure out some thing there. This site is a great resource thanks again.
No problem dude.
There's plenty of us that hi-jack and derail threads (like me ) but still, plenty of good info on this site if you know where to look.

You've already ordered the eBay lights now, but you might have tried this: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...100-000-a.html

As for the HID issue, the ebay lights are designed for halogen bulbs.
Because an HID produces light at more of a pinpoint, whereas halogen does so along a filiment, putting an HID bulb in a Halogen housing can cause some unwanted glare.
If you're willing to accept that, DDM tuning is a pretty good resource for HID kits that will fit the Halogen housings.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Be careful ordering anything lighting related from DDM. I would try someone else based on this thread that I read in another forum...
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...e-HID-business

Old 01-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by liljohnny
Be careful ordering anything lighting related from DDM. I would try someone else based on this thread that I read in another forum...
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...e-HID-business
Go to DDMs website and read what they wrote.

They are simply moving away from HID's being the main focus. They will continue to sell the HID kits.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Go to DDMs website and read what they wrote.

They are simply moving away from HID's being the main focus. They will continue to sell the HID kits.
Just saying.....not sure how much their lifetime warranty will mean if they change their name.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 PM
? = 2B || !2B

I'm not sure how much I care.

At $30, if they only last a year so what?
Besides, I'm pretty sure they'll last longer than that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread