G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tokico hp shocks on Sports Suspension

Will Blue tokico hp shocks fit on my 04 infiniti g35 sedan (red shocks) sport suspension? I was going to buy these shocks, but I read the description saying it doesn't fit sport suspension.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-Infini...4b192e&vxp=mtr

Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Im in immediate need of a new exhaust system for my '06 AWD sedan, minimally midpipe and muffler. Been doing some research on a few and I come across some that will add in that they are not for the AWD models, but only the RWD sedans. What would be the cause of this to not allow it to fit my car? I dont think all sources for the same exhaust will state that it isnt for AWD models so I also wonder if its actually not true and they should work just fine.
The same thing has applied to test pipes not being allowed to fit AWD models.

So once that is explained I guess my simple follow up quesiton is, Which exhausts properly fit an AWD sedan (basically easy bolt on) so I can try and norrow down the field.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by dominate
There are a buttload of threads on this, go to advanced search and search "+sedan +coupe +18" without the quotations
whoa, what do the +s do? Have I been searching wrong this whole time?

Is there a thread on how to search properly? I would search for it but ....you know

The following users liked this post:
TunerMax (09-19-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how is the wheel setup go where the wheel is cambered in and tires stretched all while being flush?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
whoa, what do the +s do? Have I been searching wrong this whole time?

Is there a thread on how to search properly? I would search for it but ....you know

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35driv...searching.html

Boolean search optimizes search results.

Boolean Searches

How do I do a Boolean Search?

You have two choices: you can use the standard Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT, or NEAR, or you can use their math equivalents. It depends on you, the searcher, on which method you're more comfortable with. For example:

Boolean Search Operators

• The Boolean search operator AND is equal to the "+" symbol.
  • The Boolean search operator NOT is equal to the "-" symbol.
  • The Boolean search operator OR is the default setting of any search engine; meaning, all search engines will return all the words you type in, automatically.
  • The Boolean search operator NEAR is equal to putting a search query in quotes, i.e., "sponge bob squarepants". You're essentially telling the search engine that you want all of these words, in this specific order, or this specific phrase.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 PM
DVG
Can I use brackets as well? Eg. (+03 +sidemarkers) OR (+05 +taillights)

Old 09-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
^ Not sure - I don't think I ever went beyond adding the plus sign. You could try it but I don't think there'd be a point to refining beyond the + sign?

Post #2 in that linked Driver thread is where the good stuff is in reference to better searching over the all the site. Should make it a membership requirement somehow......

Searching on this site isn't as hard as it looks - you just need to refine the searching so it works better than just out of the box.

There are four main things you can do to get better search results when using the Driver Search Tool:

https://g35driver.com/forums/search.php

1. For your search terms (especially if they are commonly used all over), you can add a plus sign in front of each word - i.e. if you are looking for coupe springs you'd type in '+coupe +springs'
2. In the dropdown box beneath where you type in your search terms, you can change the option from 'Search Entire Posts' to 'Search Titles Only'
3. To refine even more, lastly you can narrow down the subforums for the search to run in by going over to the 'Search in Forum(s)'. Most of my searches would only be in the 1st gen sedan forum and the associated tech forum so I'd select only those two subforums (hold down the control button and click to highlight which forums only to search).
4. If you remember the member's SN who made a thread/post of something you wanted to read again, you can search using the 'Search by User Name' option and dropdown to search by post or thread.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by MrTBahgs
Im in immediate need of a new exhaust system for my '06 AWD sedan, minimally midpipe and muffler. Been doing some research on a few and I come across some that will add in that they are not for the AWD models, but only the RWD sedans. What would be the cause of this to not allow it to fit my car? I dont think all sources for the same exhaust will state that it isnt for AWD models so I also wonder if its actually not true and they should work just fine.
The same thing has applied to test pipes not being allowed to fit AWD models.

So once that is explained I guess my simple follow up quesiton is, Which exhausts properly fit an AWD sedan (basically easy bolt on) so I can try and norrow down the field.

^ I don't own an AWD sedan so I don't know the specifics. IIRC it has something to do with the way the AWD undercarriage layout differs from the normal sedans so that pipes designed for the normal sedans don't get the same clearance. Maybe it's the transfer case....? Anyways, I THINK you'd be ok with just midpipe and muffler...usually it's the further up towards the front you go - y-pipe and HFC/TP that you run into issues.....My memory's hazy on this so don't quote me cause I'm spitballing here.

Your best bet would be to look in the 1st gen sedan subforum/sticky area for AWD guys discussing exhaust parts/options and maybe PM'ing one of them if you can't find the answer in one of those threads.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 PM
DVG
Originally Posted by S 854
^ Not sure - I don't think I ever went beyond adding the plus sign. You could try it but I don't think there'd be a point to refining beyond the + sign?

Post #2 in that linked Driver thread is where the good stuff is in reference to better searching over the all the site. Should make it a membership requirement somehow......
Haha you have to pass the search test before you can post? Eg. Find a thread about x with this poster.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by g35indafuture
Will Blue tokico hp shocks fit on my 04 infiniti g35 sedan (red shocks) sport suspension? I was going to buy these shocks, but I read the description saying it doesn't fit sport suspension.

^ Pretty sure suspension parts are interchangeable between 1st gen 350z/G35 coupes/G35 sedans from what I remember.

For complete clarification and confirmation before you take my word as final (it's not by a long shot), go to the Vendor Marketplace and ask one of the Driver vendors. They'd probably give you a competitive price too to boot.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:35 PM
DVG
Originally Posted by g35indafuture

Pretty sure that this is just because of different spring rates in sport suspension / AWD.

I think you should always match dampers to springs or you will wear out the dampers faster. I have OEM non sport springs if you want them

But they will probably fit - I just installed 08 nismo z suspension in my 03 non sport sedan. pretty sure those are the most opposite you can get.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by ryanm8
I think you're misunderstanding me here. A proper dual exhaust is supposed to have a merge at some point close near the cats/test pipes (either via a Y-pipe or X-pipe). This is still a dual exhaust as long as you don't have a single pipe coming after the merge.

I suggest you take a look at the Motordyne exhaust and just copy that. It's been proven to provide the best gains.
Yes I'll be installing an H pipe of course.

I love his design, it's similar in most every way to the idea's I"ve had for this exhaust, just better. I have some research and testing ahead of me to say the least.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM
DVG
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Yes I'll be installing an H pipe of course.

I love his design, it's similar in most every way to the idea's I"ve had for this exhaust, just better. I have some research and testing ahead of me to say the least.
Why H pipe over x pipe?

I had an H pipe on my borla and I opted to swap it for a x pipe. Flow just looks smoother to me, intuitively. When I looked at the inside of the H pipe, I also saw a lot of build up at the far sides of the connecting pipe, indicating that air was hitting the pipes at a 90 degree angle with high velocity. That seems like it would impede airflow to me.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
In general, X-Pipe flows better but sounds more 'racy'. It is quieter.

H-Pipe doesn't flow as well, but sounds more 'muscular', deeper tone. They are more prone to 'drone' though, which is a negative benefit.

I just dont want raspy/ricey sounding exhaust. I know it's going to make a decent enough amoutn of power, I'll sacrifice 5-10 WHP for better sound, no question.

http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/4...confusion.html

Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
I've tried to find an answer but nothing conclusive. Would the 2003 oem brembos from the coupe fit on a 2007 sedan?

Is it a simple bolt on or do I need the 2003 brackets in order to make it fit?

Thanks in advance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread