G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
Im not sure what you mean. Here are the bulb sizes for 2003 sedans:

If you do not have OEM HIDs:
Low beam = H1
High beam / fog light = 9003/HB2

If you do have OEM HIDs:
Low beam = D2R
High beam / fog light = 9003/HB2

I dont know what year your car is. Use this to find out your bulb sizes: https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/appli...n.aspx#fldYear

A bulb is a bulb, you just have to search for bulbs that are the same size. As long as it fits the socket, it will work
Thanks!
i dont think i have hids.
my lights turn right on, they dont have to warm up or anything.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
It is a lot easier to tell by the colour. If they appear very white, with a tiny hint of yellow, they are HIDs. If they match the fog lights, they are halogens.

OEM HIDs have very good warm up times, aftermarket not so much.

I have 5K bulbs and I mostly just notice them changing colors.

Its just rare for these cars to be incandesent, HIDs are much more common.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by DVG
It is a lot easier to tell by the colour. If they appear very white, with a tiny hint of yellow, they are HIDs. If they match the fog lights, they are halogens.

OEM HIDs have very good warm up times, aftermarket not so much.

I have 5K bulbs and I mostly just notice them changing colors.

Its just rare for these cars to be incandesent, HIDs are much more common.
do you hear a clicking noise from your headlights when you turn them on?
i went to see right now if mine were hids by how long they turned on, turned on like normal lights i have on my other cars.

i tried to see if the color looked like what you said, to be honest, it looks like every other headlight w/o hid.
i have a 2004 sedan g35

Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 PM
DVG
The clicking is a relay, sounds like you do have non HIDs. meaning you would need 2 kits...or you could pick up some used HID headlights from a wrecker. That would be a much better option since the reflector is actually designed for HIDs, unlike your current headlights. You will run the risk of blinding other drivers with glare.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by DVG
The clicking is a relay, sounds like you do have non HIDs. meaning you would need 2 kits...or you could pick up some used HID headlights from a wrecker. That would be a much better option since the reflector is actually designed for HIDs, unlike your current headlights. You will run the risk of blinding other drivers with glare.
ill blind them even if i put it in the low beam socket?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
DVG
yes, the reflector in there was meant for halogen lights, not HIDs. Some cars end up better than others for glare though. Id look into getting them retrofitted. dont try to DIY if you havent done stuff like this before.

On a related note, Im getting a retrofit kit for my Mazda3 as soon as TRS revises their D2S Mini Moto projector!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by DVG
yes, the reflector in there was meant for halogen lights, not HIDs. Some cars end up better than others for glare though. Id look into getting them retrofitted. dont try to DIY if you havent done stuff like this before.

On a related note, Im getting a retrofit kit for my Mazda3 as soon as TRS revises their D2S Mini Moto projector!
oh okay, by retrofit you mean just to remove the reflector piece?
i have cracked open headlights before, but what i do not like from this is that, oxygen gets in the casing after you glue it back, then the water from the air trapped in there evaporates and then you have droplets on the inside of the headlight.
I just ordered the yellow 3000k hid simulating bulbs, 9003/HB2 is the number.
and the 8000k hid kit.
hopefully this all looks good and works out.

BTW i almost got a mazda3 insted of the G, but the fwd did not convince me.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 PM
DVG
Originally Posted by JDMswagSerf
oh okay, by retrofit you mean just to remove the reflector piece?
i have cracked open headlights before, but what i do not like from this is that, oxygen gets in the casing after you glue it back, then the water from the air trapped in there evaporates and then you have droplets on the inside of the headlight.
I just ordered the yellow 3000k hid simulating bulbs, 9003/HB2 is the number.
and the 8000k hid kit.
hopefully this all looks good and works out.

BTW i almost got a mazda3 insted of the G, but the fwd did not convince me.
You mount a projector onto the reflector. I havent done it before, so I dont know the details. I am getting the retrofit kit for my mazda to get my feet wet, it is supposed to be the easiest kit out there.

Consider that oxygen is also getting in every time you take a bulb out to change it, its not a big deal.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
DVG
Originally Posted by Shane-O-Mac
The v1 crack very easily, the driver side one barely scraped when I bottomed out a bit ago and it cracks the connection to the actually tp.

Right along the weld!!! I thought welds were supposed to be the strongest part in a metal structure.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by DVG
You mount a projector onto the reflector. I havent done it before, so I dont know the details. I am getting the retrofit kit for my mazda to get my feet wet, it is supposed to be the easiest kit out there.

Consider that oxygen is also getting in every time you take a bulb out to change it, its not a big deal.
oh yea. I forgot about that.
I wonder why water appears then.
probably a dirty lens

Old 01-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
The weld is, but the material it bonds to is now modified and becomes A stress riser. The crack would have started at the edge of the weld on the metal and worked its way through the weld.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
[=DVG;6666206]Am I the only one who likes the original gear selector setup? People with manuals would love to have something similar:
[/QUOTE]

Visually it looks amazing, but the functionality is awful

Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 New looking for good mods

No one yell at me if I dont post this the right way, it took me a week to even figure out how to post. I have a 2003 G35 sedan and im looking for a way to spice it up. The interior lights including the dome, dor lights, clock, back seat lights, and if possible the speedometer, and rpm lights to white or blue LEDs. I saw it on youtube but dont know where to buy the parts. Also a good intake kit, exhauat tips (the stock exhaust sounds great to me but will ugrade in the future) and some other ways to make it beffy without a turbo or supercharger. its at 150,001 miles and i dont want to wear down the engine. Ill be getting a g37 in about 4 years so i want to make it last. Thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Personally, I would leave it alone, keep the service up to date, save the bling money for your new G in four years. Buy a motorcycle for the summer b/c real men ride two wheels. IMHO Of course I expect a **** load of blow back but so be it. If it isn't completely paid for, do it asap.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Is there supposed to be a flat headed screw in the rotor where my finger is pointing?

Name:  IMG_20130107_113004_zpse2340ee2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  87.3 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread