G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

First impressions of my new '05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, i'll think about it. Im probably only gunna keep my car for 6 years maybe a year or 2 more if im lucky.. How much do they usually go for?

Old 07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Thanks Colin, I am really happy with that! I do have to run it back by the tint shop though to have him check my nose mask (that's what they call it, LOL), it has a couple of minor imperfections, they told me to wait a week or so, but I am going to price having the whole bumper done. I'm not sure what any of that cost, since the dealer didn't charge me for the tint, mask and pinstripe.
Tom, I had just the nose mask done first, but found that the bumper was getting chips and damage too so I had them do the whole bumper.
It was more expensive but well worth it. Our paint isn't the best and will eventually get sandblasted and look bad.

If you've got a few air bubbles around the edges of your nose mask, my installer says that they will slowly dry out and disappear.
Wayne has a few of them himself on his X, which did not dry out and disappear, so if yours are bad enough, have them redo the job.
As to cost...up here for the full front end treatment, it cost me about $750 for the nose, bumper, and mirrors. That's about $600 of your bucks. Not cheap.

Good luck bro and enjoy that new ride. It's a winner.
Colin.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Tom, I had just the nose mask done first, but found that the bumper was getting chips and damage too so I had them do the whole bumper.
It was more expensive but well worth it. Our paint isn't the best and will eventually get sandblasted and look bad.

If you've got a few air bubbles around the edges of your nose mask, my installer says that they will slowly dry out and disappear.
Wayne has a few of them himself on his X, which did not dry out and disappear, so if yours are bad enough, have them redo the job.
As to cost...up here for the full front end treatment, it cost me about $750 for the nose, bumper, and mirrors. That's about $600 of your bucks. Not cheap.

Good luck bro and enjoy that new ride. It's a winner.
Colin.
Colin,
This isn't air bubbles, just some wrinkly looking spots, it's not immediately noticeable, I'm going to go by the tint shop probably Monday and show the guy, the dealer took care of getting it done, but I've dealt with this same guy before on my own, and he's pretty good, I also want to ask what it would cost for the complete bumper. I didn't know it had a 6 year life like sgt says, LOL, well, you never know, I might keep my car that long..... Oh, not to worry one bit, you know, I really liked my '04 except for the brakes, and I am really liking this updated G!

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 07-07-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:55 PM
SGT
Originally Posted by DDRGirle
Hmm, i'll think about it. Im probably only gunna keep my car for 6 years maybe a year or 2 more if im lucky.. How much do they usually go for?
You can get them for around $600-$800. Not cheap, but IMO worth it.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:06 PM
I dont know, it still sounds kind of stupid, cuz eventually the paint is gunna chip off the car. And doesn't it only go on the front bumber, rear, and mirrors. I mean like wat about the top of the car. If anything i would pay for a new paint job. But thats me.

And wat does IMO stand for?

Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 PM
SGT
The purpose of the clear bra is to only protect those areas of the car which are most prone to paint chipping (i.e. front bumper, part of the hood, mirrors). It wouldn't be very cost effective if it covered the entire car. Chances are, you won't be getting many chips on the top of the car. A paint job would cost a lot more. IMO = in my opinion.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
DDRGirle...IMHO....Get it, Get the clear bra, I worked out a good price for it and the tint when I got the car. You just need it on the front end to protect from stone chips, bugs, and debris thrown up from traffic (it also helps if you don't tailgate). I have kept some cars as long as 16 years and never have a problem on areas like the top areas.
Next on your list should be Zaino, your baby will love you for it .
Wayne