Hawaii Honolulu

Ten months later...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ten months later...

After avoiding deals on '03/'04s and long waits on the pre-order, I finally picked up my G today, great car alright! purchasing was ruff but it was worth the wait.
As a newbie in buying my first 6MT car, R.C. should have made a deal before I pre-order.
After making a deal last week Friday, my plan was to pick up my G last Thursday, and I ended up picking it up today by bus due to M.C.'s negligence on transactions (I had a chance to catch ride with a friend last Thursday).
Today, took me two hours to get their attentions just to pick up a car.
Both R.C.,B.Y., and the rest of infiniti crew are too busy serving and test driving to other customers. They're aware I'm coming in today and rarely check their answering machines.

Great car, but the worst purchasing experience.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well congrats on your buy... but also sorry to hear about what you had to go through in getting it..

Old 04-17-2005, 02:37 AM
yeah, congrats on your new G! but sorry to hear about your buying experience. i know the feeling about what you're talking about, the waits and all.

Old 04-17-2005, 05:07 AM
congrats, you'll love it.

drive safe.

Old 04-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the Club... Enjoy! Heheh I know wait sucked but atleast now you'll forget you even waited to buy the car...

Old 04-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Doing the dealership thing on a weekend is rough, especially during the daylight hours. As a suggestion try to do this as much as possible on the weekdays next time if possible, it's much easier to get service then. Also near the end of the month they're much more willing to go the extra mile.

Congrads on the new car (I'm not all that impressed with IoH's service thus far either. Hell I think Tony Honda is superior and they're a volume non-"name plate" dealer).

Old 04-18-2005, 03:39 AM
Sorry to hear of your experiences with IoH. For me though, the reason I have my G is becuase of Tony Nissan. Had a Murano for 10 months before they were forced to take it back because I could've sued them big time. Went down to IoH and my experience there was awesome. But I did go on a relatively slow Sunday. Saturday though, it was a mad house, not enough sales guys around to handle the people coming in. Next time, get a cell number of your sales guy and coordinate your appointment with the finance guy too (if financing or leasing). That way your wait time can be shortened. Hopefully they prepped your car and detailed (haha) it before you got there. Anyhow, enjoy the G and drive safe.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:48 AM
sorry to hear about that. i've never had any problems like that with them yet(knock on wood). RC was so helpful, he did a lot to make sure i wasnt getting raped by the new owners. I've also gone in when he was with other customers and he just worked me into the conversation and introduced me to the customer he was with. I definitely would not buy another car from them simply for the fact that theyre selling practices are getting really sleazy. They don't even treat their own employees good anymore. Hopefully this poor service everyone is experiencing nowadays will help slow the "civic like" population of G's on the road.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Sorry for you bad experience. Coming from a background working with the Tony Dealership (service); Sales can be backed up. Looking upon Infiniti's sales staff, they're the only Infiniti Dealership, obviously, and they have to serve the masses wherease there almost two of each Car make dealerships. ie Tony Honda & Pfleuger Honda, Tony Nissan & King Nissan.

You got your car at the price you and the salesperson negotiated at. I'd be more pissed if the sales price that was agreed on had changed. And it's not so much their sales tactics..ever since the Infiniti Dealership was under new ownership, things were changed due to the new ownership. And it's not so much the sales people, guys like Richard Crabbe will do his best to satisfy his customers within his job's limitations. It's really up to Financing if they wanna give the car up to you for the price you're looking for. Sales guys are sort of the middle people.

I have never had a bad experience with sales and service. They've all been fair and tell it how it is, just the way I wanna hear it..w/no B.S.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh, forgot to add to make sure you read your sticker well. I didn't get floor mats in mine and stoopid me thought that I had to buy them. Come to find out that the inventory is still messed up since King took over and Nissan Hawaii moved out next door, so they are short on floor mats for the G and they just keep taking them from other cars and forgot to put in mine. Just called my sales guy on his cell, and he went down on his day off and put them in the front for me to come by and pick up.
I'm still haggling them for my $70 trunk mat that I don't know what the heck it is, but I don't think I have. Later.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by mmiyama
Sorry to hear of your experiences with IoH. For me though, the reason I have my G is becuase of Tony Nissan. Had a Murano for 10 months before they were forced to take it back because I could've sued them big time. Went down to IoH and my experience there was awesome. But I did go on a relatively slow Sunday. Saturday though, it was a mad house, not enough sales guys around to handle the people coming in. Next time, get a cell number of your sales guy and coordinate your appointment with the finance guy too (if financing or leasing). That way your wait time can be shortened. Hopefully they prepped your car and detailed (haha) it before you got there. Anyhow, enjoy the G and drive safe.
wow, you lemon-lawed your murano? aren't those made in japan, and were supposed to be, uh, oh, you know, reliable? did the cvt tranny blow or something?

Old 04-19-2005, 03:49 AM
No lemon law on the Murano, yup mine was made in Japan, CVT is awesome and I wish Nissan put it on more of their cars.....G35??? hint hint. But it will lose it's sports apeal so that's a negative. Let's just say that I will never deal with Tony Group in any capacity ever again and a warning to any of you that do, be sure to look at the VIN # of the car that you plan on purchasing and be sure it is the same VIN when you sign your papers and before you drive off the lot. Also if you get any dealer extras, be sure that it is installed. If anyone needs a Tony Nissan, then I recommend Debbie Adams(she's like right under the GM), tell her you know the guy you had to take back the white Murano and that he said I should only deal with you. She won't screw up I guarantee that. (Sorry for going against this thread.)
But, with those lessons with Tony, it made me a wiser car buyer. I got none of those clearly deceptive practices with IoH which is why I would buy another car from them in the future and I think the negative comments I see with IoH is nothing compared to my buying experience w/ Tony. Later.