Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

350Z HR Y-pipe installed on a 2003 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you decide to move any of those y pipes that you have access to, PM me. I call dibs on one.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by driguez
/\/\/\/\ Got the HFC's at my305z for $100 + shipping, used of course.. Now im hawking for the Y pipe, hopefully i can find one soon.
Wow that was you! Cool. I remember that thread. Talk about sick deal. Don't worry...lightening may strike twice. There's an HR exhaust for sale right now on Myg37.com. I mentioned I'd let the seller know if anyone were interested in his HR-Y pipe. Feel free to check it out.

Originally Posted by naughty240

Nope the spacer is soon though. No I havent reset the ECU. I didnt have any lights. I dont remember seeing you had too?
Actually I've reset it 3 times

1. After MD Spacer, zTube and K&N Filter install
2. After HR Y Pipe Install
3. After Grounding Kit was installed.

I've mentioned it somewhere in each thread to that mod including this one.

It helps especially with this one bc your ECU has to get used to the new airflow enhancement the HR Y pipe adds.

The ECU will adjust to the HR pipe on its own if you don't reset but it'll take longer further delaying the result of adding it in the first place.

Usually when I reset the ECU, I take my car out for a spin on Lake Shore Drive from my house to downtown Chicago and back. The entire trip is about 11 miles and by the time I'm nearing home, I begin to notice the new additional behavior my car exhibited due to its new toy. It wasn't like adding FI but it still was noticeable.

With the MD Spacer, I felt them right away before I even reached downtown. Resetting the ECU has its benefits

Originally Posted by ELMACHOGERACHO
g35 sedan hr y-pipe fits with no problems. i just installed one on my car today. fits like a glove. hopefully i wont have to worry about the vibration issues since mine came without the vibration dampeners.
Please keep us posted on any vibration issue you may have. I doubt you may have any at all.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by tiguy99
Actually I've reset it 3 times

1. After MD Spacer, zTube and K&N Filter install
2. After HR Y Pipe Install
3. After Grounding Kit was installed.

I've mentioned it somewhere in each thread to that mod including this one.

It helps especially with this one bc your ECU has to get used to the new airflow enhancement the HR Y pipe adds.

The ECU will adjust to the HR pipe on its own if you don't reset but it'll take longer further delaying the result of adding it in the first place.

Usually when I reset the ECU, I take my car out for a spin on Lake Shore Drive from my house to downtown Chicago and back. The entire trip is about 11 miles and by the time I'm nearing home, I begin to notice the new additional behavior my car exhibited due to its new toy. It wasn't like adding FI but it still was noticeable.

With the MD Spacer, I felt them right away before I even reached downtown. Resetting the ECU has its benefits

I got a Ztube on the way so ill reset after I pop that in. Thanks for the heads up

Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Actually make that 4 times. I also reset my ECU after I had the Berk HFCs installed as well.

As for your installs, keep us posted!

Are you also installing a K&N Filter and Revup Airbox as well? If you are, I'd recommend resetting the ECU. If not, I'd hold off until you do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the only difference between both the gTube and zTube was the resonator in the gTube causing it to muffle the induction sound coming from your motor.

I'm not sure if it adds any additional horsepower or gains. What I am aware is if you do add the zTube, K&N filter and revup airbox you will notice some kind of gains.

If you were installing all of those at the same time I would reset the ECU.

Is your HR-Y Pipe in yet?

Last edited by tiguy99; 03-12-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Im going with the AMSoil filter over the K&N. Im on the lookout for the Revup cover but no luck yet . As far as the Ztube I know its only a sound mod but thats ok my me. If I dont buy Coupe rims this month Im gonna grab the filter, cover and spacer along with some good 17" tires. Ypipe went in on saturday along with stillen sways.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Im going with the AMSoil filter over the K&N. Im on the lookout for the Revup cover but no luck yet . As far as the Ztube I know its only a sound mod but thats ok my me. If I dont buy Coupe rims this month Im gonna grab the filter, cover and spacer along with some good 17" tires. Ypipe went in on saturday along with stillen sways.
Nice! How hard was it to put those sways on? Mine should be here next week. Figured I might as well do them myself along with the 350z springs I just picked up

Old 03-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Not bad at all. The rears were super easy. Fronts I kinda F'ed my self and almost ruined an endlink. I spent a lot of time trying to fix it and I did so that was clutch.

I took my time an torqued everything nice nice. I did find one of the rear endlinks is getting stiff so Im gonna try and get it covered under the extended warranty.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM
That sounds like it could have got hectic. Glad you got it fixed in the nick of time though. Wish me luck! Looks like next week it's my turn to install my sways and springs

Old 03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
New endlinks FTW. Does anyone know if anyone makes adjustable end links?

Old 03-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky-G
New endlinks FTW. Does anyone know if anyone makes adjustable end links?
Yup! Some company called Power something (kinda like Powerlabs)

They make the adjustable ones. There are some threads here about them too. Search Swaybar links

Old 03-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Do the end links usually deteriorate? Should you buy adjustable ones if you lower the car? What are the symptoms of worn out end links?

Old 03-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Klubbheads posted that he could never get his adjustables set up right. He recommended staying with stock. I hope I am not misquoting him.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Now this I gotta hear because I'm about to have my sways installed next week

Old 03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
Do the end links usually deteriorate? Should you buy adjustable ones if you lower the car? What are the symptoms of worn out end links?
If you have them out you will know, inspect the boot or seal, rotate it and see if it moves smooth. One of mine just felt dyied out.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:55 PM
If you have them out you will know, inspect the boot or seal, rotate it and see if it moves smooth. One of mine just felt dyied out.
How many miles did you have when they were switched out?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 350Z HR Y-pipe installed on a 2003 G35