Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is all good info for future reference. So the optimal setup for power, sound and little to no rasp would be XYZ resonated, ART pipes and Shockwave? And all can be had without a tune right away....good to know

The following users liked this post:
KingCobra (04-26-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MA residents plan on changing your exhaust set up as these will not pass.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, I tried reading as many pages as I could and ended up skimming a lot since they weren't really on topic of what my issue is. I have a 2005 revup g35 and I am in a huge debacle. I read that hopefully someone was maybe going to try to see comparison gains from HFC cats and XYZ pipe compared to ART pipes with XYZ HFC module. I was wondering if anyone could find this information because I was not able to find it. My main question is simple though, will ART pipes and XYZ HFC module pass emissions in most states? I read that you can run the 02 sensors up into the ART pipes and not throw a light, if this is true my only concern is emissions passing since I do NOT want to remove the art pipes every-time I need to get my emissions done. Thanks again for your time and hope I am not being too noob on this topic.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
The HFC module for the XYZ is very high flow, so it will be better than regular high flows.

If you have tail pipe sniffing, you will not pass emissions, if you just have plug in, you'll be fine as the ART pipes have anti foulers on them.

The following users liked this post:
jsimonk (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I just wanted to make sure, the ART pipes have o2 sensor holes on them correcT? I was looking at the pictures and could not confirm this. And thank you for the response but whats the point of going HFC module if it fails testing? Sigh, guess I have to go HFC and XYZ resonator route, thanks for the help MadMaxx

-Simon

Old 05-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Yes, the have the holes for the sensors, they're the long banana shaped parts.

HFC module is for people who prefer to smell less exhaust fumes, the smell of a cat is less obvious than none at all, this can help in many situations. I'm assuming you have sniffers for your DEQ?

Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, I do have sniffers in the part of Virginia I live in. In high school I used to put my downpipe back on every year I had to do emissions testing, but I don't have the space to do the job and don't have the funds to pay someone, so I don't want to rely on others to get a swap done, so I guess I am stuck going without ART pipes. Thank you for the information though, at least I didn't invest into something I would of not wanted to deal with later on.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Yeah, i'm familiar with the situation you're in

I'm honestly not sure how emissions work here with sniffers, i had them in England and we don't have them here, i know some places have them, but i don't know if the levels vary from place to place, that would be the only thing.

The HFC is going to be about as good as any other HFC, unless you're comparing to HFC's that are somehow guaranteed to pass.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:52 PM
From what I was reading, I thought the 2 HFC's before the y pipes pass in all states? (referring to crawford, berks, kenitix, FI). If anyone can confirm a sniffer test i would really appreciate that. I was looking to do everything except headers at the same time and then get a tune very shortly after so this was my main issue. If anyone can confirm failing or passing with ONLY an XYZ HFC module that would be greatly appreciate. Since although I doubt most of you care about emissions, I know there has to be someone who has been in my situation. Thanks again!

-Simon

-Simon

Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Crap...so the ART pipes will fail sniffer test EVEN with O2 sensors!? That sux!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by jsimonk
From what I was reading, I thought the 2 HFC's before the y pipes pass in all states? (referring to crawford, berks, kenitix, FI). If anyone can confirm a sniffer test i would really appreciate that. I was looking to do everything except headers at the same time and then get a tune very shortly after so this was my main issue. If anyone can confirm failing or passing with ONLY an XYZ HFC module that would be greatly appreciate. Since although I doubt most of you care about emissions, I know there has to be someone who has been in my situation. Thanks again!

-Simon

-Simon
It's a crapshoot with any HFC and the sniffer test. Aftermarket pieces don't filter the exhaust as well as the OEM cats and some brands will pass sometimes and then not others.

Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
Crap...so the ART pipes will fail sniffer test EVEN with O2 sensors!? That sux!
The ARTS have no filter media in them, they are considered more of a test pipe than an HFC. Doesn't have anything to do with the 02 sensors, they just keep the CEL away.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Simple way to find out is to hook up to a Consult/OBDII to find out. In my state, MA very much like California now, they are cracking down on Tuned cars. Main things are the Catalyst monitor and EVap must be supported. Having removed Cats neither are likely to show up when hooked up to the OBDII

Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
The ARTS have no filter media in them, they are considered more of a test pipe than an HFC. Doesn't have anything to do with the 02 sensors, they just keep the CEL away.
I got ya, I was thinking the ART pipes were essentially a type of HFC. So they are in addition to cats? I can run ART's with stock cats or these replace the cats with "test pipes" and basically you are catless? Sorry if it sounds like a silly question, my current car is 16 years old...I have 2 cats, piping and a muffler, thats it...the coupe sounds like it has a lot more exhaust components and I am trying to visualize how they all hook up

Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Anyone know if these have been made compatible with awd yet? (without modification) I would really like to pick up a set of these but I don't know any muffler shops

Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
I got ya, I was thinking the ART pipes were essentially a type of HFC. So they are in addition to cats? I can run ART's with stock cats or these replace the cats with "test pipes" and basically you are catless? Sorry if it sounds like a silly question, my current car is 16 years old...I have 2 cats, piping and a muffler, thats it...the coupe sounds like it has a lot more exhaust components and I am trying to visualize how they all hook up
They replace the cats, as do hfcs and test pipes, but imo it is the best of them all

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)