Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

High Engine Oil Consumption Rates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spoke with Infiniti and they are putting in the engine today and hope to have it completed by tomorrow. I asked for the part number and my advisor said he will have it once they are done putting the engine in the car. I explained that I hope its the V3 because the other 2 engines were still having problems.

I'll keep you updated.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:23 PM
J-Dizzle
I'm about 200 miles shy of 1000 at the moment, my engine is starting to rattle during acceleration (most likely due to oil starvation) I hope I meet the requirements for the new engine replacement fix. If not, I'm getting myself a Land Rover LR2 =)

Old 12-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeff, I hope everything works out for you. Are you going to be at the meet tomorrow?

Old 12-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Mad Paradox
I'm about 200 miles shy of 1000 at the moment, my engine is starting to rattle during acceleration (most likely due to oil starvation) I hope I meet the requirements for the new engine replacement fix. If not, I'm getting myself a Land Rover LR2 =)
Hey, Jeff, if you are experiencing engine valve train noises at 800 miles, you are very likely in line for a new engine. Good luck with the rest of your testing.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:36 AM
J-Dizzle
Originally Posted by andy2434
Hey, Jeff, if you are experiencing engine valve train noises at 800 miles, you are very likely in line for a new engine. Good luck with the rest of your testing.
That would be great, it's like getting a new car all over again. =D

Originally Posted by sfgr415
Jeff, I hope everything works out for you. Are you going to be at the meet tomorrow?
Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow, too cold and too lazy to wash the car, so the back of the car looks ashy gray...

Old 12-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey i thought u were going to get the GTR....

Old 12-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Driver Elite
After reading this, I went out to check my oil being long overdue for an oil change. I know I haven't put any oil in for at least a month.

Check the dip stick... NO READING
Put two quarts of oil in and waited ten minutes for the oil to run off the stick.
Tried again.... NO READING!!!!
Put two more quarts in!!!

I'm thinking with my mods, I won't qualify for any of this warranty stuff. And, my bullet proof engine is flawed. When at idle, it will sputter ever once in a while like it is missing a spark. Guess it's time for a service?
Damn Eric u were down 4 quarts of oil and you werent even getting any timing chain noise? Thats odd usually when these motors are that low they start making some crazy noises. NEW MOTOR TIME

Old 12-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey jeff which dealer ship did you take yours too? Ive had about 1500 miles and im half way on the dip stick. Did you still leave your hks on when you brought your car in? Just don't want to give the dealer any reason to try to blam the high oc on it.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I just received a call from the dealership letting me know that my car is ready to be picked up. I asked for the engine part number and they gave me the following number #10102-AC7M9.

I will start the break in on the car and as I'm sure Andy will do I will report back on my consumption issue. I'm hoping this will go away and I won't have to worry about it any more.

I will update as I get any more information.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jason, Frans, what up bros...

Ya, 4 F-ing quarts. I was surprised. I have my car set for service on Monday. I am going to tell them about the issue and see what they say. I'm sure they will bitch about my mods...

Old 12-14-2007, 06:26 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Driver Elite
Jason, Frans, what up bros...

Ya, 4 F-ing quarts. I was surprised. I have my car set for service on Monday. I am going to tell them about the issue and see what they say. I'm sure they will bitch about my mods...
hi hans

Old 12-14-2007, 06:34 PM
J-Dizzle
Originally Posted by jasoncham2003
Hey i thought u were going to get the GTR....
I don't even want to know what problems they will have with that whether it be transmissions problems, OC problems, and etc. Nissan/Infiniti haven't really proven themselves professionally, at least in my opinion, to man up to their mistakes and put out the proper fixes. Don't forget this is on a Infiniti G35, I don't want to spend $90K+ for another car with similar issues and have them take several years to fix it.

Originally Posted by namrock
Hey jeff which dealer ship did you take yours too? Ive had about 1500 miles and im half way on the dip stick. Did you still leave your hks on when you brought your car in? Just don't want to give the dealer any reason to try to blam the high oc on it.
I took my car into Peninsula Infiniti and I spoke with Brian Reidy. Yes, I left my HKS exhaust on, they didn't say a thing. Only problem I've had so far was that even though I asked them to not wash my car they ended washing it anyways and they but some pretty decent nicks and scratches on my front corner of my bumper. But being that it was early morning, I was tired, half awake, and it was starting to rain, my quick walk around to check the car, I failed to notice it before I left. Brian Reidy gives great service this whoever drives the friend car around is an idiot.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
To those with oil consumption, have you guys felt some engine hesitation or degradation in power?

Old 12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by chilibowl
To those with oil consumption, have you guys felt some engine hesitation or degradation in power?
I didn't notice any.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow, I feel fortunate after reading some of these posts. I haven't used more than a 1/2 quart in between oil changes. I'm changing my oil every 4,000 mi and have since it was new excluding the break in change.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: High Engine Oil Consumption Rates