I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by dohturdima
If it can't be found inductively (your trip to the shop), try deductively: take on someone's offer to use their wheels/tires instead of your own and see if it makes a difference.
That's my next plan if he doesn't find anything..if he doesn't find anything..it has to be tires/rims...

I am going to try different PSI's in the tires in the next week to see if i can mask it on the highway even if my tires will wear prematurely. Maybe its real sensitive to tire pressure changes?

I MAY get them balanced 1 more time at a different shop just to see if anyone else finds an issue with the tires...third times a charm right?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Honestly, if Roadforce balancing has not fixed it, you'd just be wasting your time and money going for a third try.

It could easily be the wheel, too, which balancing won't fix. I've ran on repaired wheels after messing them up at the track, balanced and all, it rode better but there were definitely more vibrations.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:02 PM
He didn't find anything..but he took it out on the highway and felt what i was talking about. To him it was mostly front of car and he said he wanted to say the left wheel for some reason. He said and his opinion..its the tire or rim. Something isn't right. There is nothing mechanically wrong. So it's either a defective tire that i got or a rim...HAS to be...oh well. Guess ill just be living with it. Maybe warmer weather will change it..who knows

Could it be my brakes even though it doesn't happen when i brake AKA no shaking in wheel when i break? If it's a possibility maybe i'll replace them

Wonder if i should contact Yokohama and see what they say..

Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
no one local to switch tires & rims w/ for part of the day?

Old 03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
37psi is way to high for comfort. You will definitely get a jiggly ride. You will definitely be amplifying seat vibrations. Keep it at 33psi. There are certain roads I ride with the undulations are such that it feels like my tires aren't balanced. My G is more sensitive to road surfaces than my Subaru WRX, that is for sure. Still, if the severity is as bad as you say and not always the same on the same roads, something must be wrong. At least you are stock--others have to worry about aftermarket rims, spacers, lowering springs for troubleshooting NVH.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by jake_91306
no one local to switch tires & rims w/ for part of the day?
Yeah i think i can find some rims..not sure about tires..i have 2 of my old tires in my basement..it had vibrations with those tires but it had uneven tread so they probably aren't the best to try

37psi is way to high for comfort. You will definitely get a jiggly ride. You will definitely be amplifying seat vibrations. Keep it at 33psi.
I am at 35 PSI as of 2 hours ago and i checked it while the car had been sitting for a few hours...maybe ill try 33 PSI in the back and see if it helps with seat vibrations. But i am not sure 35 to 33 PSI will be enough to notice a difference.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Could it be a bearing or hub assembly? My mechanic thinks its left wheel and when i take off ramps going to right it will sometimes make the whole car vibrate for a few seconds when putting load on left side. But it's been doing this since i almost got the car..i don't think a bad wheel bearing would have lasted 2100 miles without getting worse and louder right? It doesn't make a howl or loud noise like most people complain of when their hub is bad so that's what i don't think that's the problem..who knows

I jacked the tire up in the air last week and tried to shake it and see if it was lose but nothing

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 03-11-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am posting in this thread to say i am having the exact same problems with my 05 G35x. I recently posted a thread that is linked below

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ons-75mph.html

I commute 100 miles a day. Sometimes i have a vibration. Sometime i dont. Today it didnt happen until about 15 miles into my trip.

Tires have been balanced and recently replaced a bad front wheel bearing.

Im starting to think my it could be my compression rods.

Please let me/us know if you found any solutions and i will do the same.

Thanks.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by car12586
I am posting in this thread to say i am having the exact same problems with my 05 G35x. I recently posted a thread that is linked below

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ons-75mph.html

I commute 100 miles a day. Sometimes i have a vibration. Sometime i dont. Today it didnt happen until about 15 miles into my trip.

Tires have been balanced and recently replaced a bad front wheel bearing.

Im starting to think my it could be my compression rods.

Please let me/us know if you found any solutions and i will do the same.

Thanks.
Hmm sounds like my issue that i have yet to find..i will let you know if i find a fix

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 03-23-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know how long stock springs, struts, control arms ect lasts on these cars? I am wondering if it could be suspension but i had a mechanic look and said everything looked okay

Old 03-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Wait... i thought you got your car fixed, no?

Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Wait... i thought you got your car fixed, no?
Nope..well got another issue fixed..2 broken valve springs..haven't had my car for 12 days now so i cant try out the vibration fixes

Old 03-23-2011, 05:58 PM
so the valve springs were unrelated??? jeeze

Old 03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
so the valve springs were unrelated??? jeeze

Not sure yet but most likely..i never really thought it would be related to begin with but we will see

Old 04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Update:

Well i got the new engine in my car and i was hoping it would fix the vibration issue...nope..still there and it seems worse now...my hands are tired after just 10 min on the highway today..starts right at 70 now .idk how i am going to make it all summer like this driving almost 80 highway miles a day..i can drive 65 the whole way but during rush hour ill be forced to go faster...i have run out of ideas...i guess i have to replace shocks...brakes..

Have no more money to dump into this stupid issue..so frustrating but there seems to be nothing i can do but drive below 70 and never really go faster...

Sticking brake caliper?? idk

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway