I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Maybe its a bad steering rack, that also cause vibrations at certain speeds, its an easy check visually.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
If there is a consistent pattern now, take it to your dealer while you still have warranty left! Those suspension/steering parts get kind of expensive. They know our suspension better than a generic mechanic. Make it clear to them that this problem is unrelated to the engine problem.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
If there is a consistent pattern now, take it to your dealer while you still have warranty left! Those suspension/steering parts get kind of expensive. They know our suspension better than a generic mechanic. Make it clear to them that this problem is unrelated to the engine problem.
Its only powertrain warranty..suspension and steering isn't included

Last time i brought it to them for the vibration they couldn't "feel" it. Theres no way now they can't feel it..but still. I dont trust my car with them..would rather bring it to this tire shop who can do the same job (depending on what it is) for less. Just looked up the entire steering assembly..about $600 on Infiniti Parts...if i need this..i will seriously think about selling the dam car

its an easy check visually
See my local mechanic said it is good..ill see what these people say when i bring it to them on monday

Driving on the highway from work today it didn't do it for first 3 miles..but then it came on doing it's normal pulsating action. Very small and quick movements back and forth also causes it to vibrate.

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 04-29-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 PM
When you guys hit bumps and those bridge connectors on highways...does your steering wheel go crazy..yet the car stays strait?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
The bumps are subjective, but generally the steering stays where it is.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:01 PM
So i think i am getting new tires

Well first off my front left tire is already starting to cup after only 2,000 miles. I had an alignment 3 days after i got the new tires at Infiniti. I am getting the alignment check at another shop tomorrow..if it's off spec i am demanding my $$ back from the dealer.

I am going to try and contact Yokohama and see if i can get my $$ back and put twords the Michelin MXV4's i plan on getting. They have a 30 day guarantee so even if it is still vibrating..i can get the 800 back and put back on the yokohamas.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I thought you had the vibration before the new tires.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I thought you had the vibration before the new tires.
i did...but those tires were cupped bad so i don't really know

My car has been looked at twice on all suspension and steering components and all checks out..if this doesn't work..car gets sold by next month

Then it could be transmission..differential ect

Not dealing with that..would rather sell it

Old 05-09-2011, 07:58 PM
I hear you. I'd seriously consider selling if I were in your shoes too!

Old 05-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I hear you. I'd seriously consider selling if I were in your shoes too!
I have been trying to find other G's for $19k..what i paid for mine..and they have them..but much higher milage with no nav or tech package

I just had a brand new engine put in..i would hate selling the car with a brand new engine...

IInstead of getting a new car..i am just going to replace everything..shocks..control arms ect..because i cant find a car with everything that mine has for under 23K..man i got a good deal on mine

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 05-09-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:48 PM
^ maybe thats the reason why you got a good deal, maybe the previous owner had enough of the vibration issue as well, lol

Old 05-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ maybe thats the reason why you got a good deal, maybe the previous owner had enough of the vibration issue as well, lol
probably...and the next owner will be getting a very good deal as well if i can't figure it out...brand new engine and all!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This past saturday when i swapped exhausts with a fellow member (zoop) the guys had to remove a drivetrain balancer on his car. He said that it should not affect the car but it seems like you would be faced with the problems that you are claiming to have. All stock cars have it, but if an aftermarket exhaust was installed it had to be removed. Im curious if this may be that cause of your problems? It is a big metal block bolted around the middle area right where you see the exhaust split to go to the mufflers.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 AM
good god..i think it has been fixed *keeps fingers crossed*

Well i had them balanced one more time at this other shop..didn't change it. Went back and ready to order new tires. He said..let me try and balance them one more time before you spend $850...thank the lord he did.

It is actually gone. Slight vibration here and there but nothing like before. He said that 1 wheel in the front had a slight wobble that they spent 20 min to fix. They also said one wheel in the rear was very smooth and they moved that to the front. And that did it. I have more vibration in the seat now..but i can live with it. I knew it was my tires and or rims. So now i know that out of the 2 tires in the rear..1 or both are junk OR the wheels themselves are junk. I do however have more road feel now when they moved one of the rear tires to the front. He did this free for me.

I don't think i am every going to rotate these tires..i can't lose this smooth feeling!

I am getting heel/toe wear however on my tires. They only have 2500 miles on them. I have had 2 alignments done as well and all suspension parts are good even though i am at 65k and should replace shocks soon. I know heel/toe wear will make the tires louder..but hopefully no more vibration!

I think next summer i am going to get new wheels and tires for the complete smooth ride but as of now..i am good...(just went and knocked on some wood)

Old 05-12-2011, 01:52 AM
congrats on finally getting this fixed, but ill chk back to confirm in afew days cause u have given us two false alarms before!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway