I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
BACK FROM THE DEAD

could it be the sway bar end links?? im having a similar problem, happens at about 60+mph sometimes. Other times i can be doing 60-70 and it doesn't shake at all. I was told my sway bar end links could be bad which could cause vibration on a road that isnt very smooth.

Hope you were able to figure it out

Old 10-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly the same problem here...I've replaced all rotors, one rim and one hub. Vibration is slightly better, but still there. I can't believe Infiniti techs can't figure this out. Wtf..my 04 g sedan was smooth sailing at 100+. My coupe rides like a bucket over 65.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
just to update this thread: Car is no better or no worse. On and off again vibrations over 65 MPH.

Put on snow tires 3 weeks ago and the vibrations are 10x worse ( the rough tread tires seems to make it worse) Arms feel like jello after driving on the highway....

When i buy new tires in a month...the vibration will still be there..but not as bad as with the rough tread of blizzaks.

Vibrates bad for 1-2 min..smooth for 45-55 seconds...and the pattern goes on...

I am at 92K now...vibrations started at 64K...and keep on going...

Old 02-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Sooo weird sorry you haven't solved the problem- I can image how annoying it is. Weird that it is on and off for a few minutes. Do you try all new wheels too?

Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
Sooo weird sorry you haven't solved the problem- I can image how annoying it is. Weird that it is on and off for a few minutes. Do you try all new wheels too?
oh yes..i know now it;s not tires or wheels since no matter the set..it does it...something else that touches the wheels that has the vib going through it. no more $$ to spend on the issue.

Looking to buy a 2012 Fusion in the next few months..i am getting great reviews and it won't come with a vibration!

Old 02-10-2014, 10:49 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I am genuinely surprised you haven't sold that car yet. I wouldn't have been able to live with that and throwing money at it wouldn't have been an option.

Be weary of the Fusion... my friend has one and absolutely despises it... (he sold his 08 G35x for it) i have another friend in Texas with one and hes tired of it as well after 10k miles... I had one as a rental in december and put about 1000 miles on it and I couldn't wait to give it back.. Transmission is clunky, the myfordtouch is enough to drive a man mad, the torque steer is unacceptable, the gas mileage is NOT good for a 4 cylinder (it will be a very mild improvement over your G) and they aren't holding their value.

Check out a 2013+ Honda Accord. They are FABULOUS cars. Hold their value well, crazy efficiency (will do 36-38 on the highway) and are just built really well. The car is just phenomenal.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I am genuinely surprised you haven't sold that car yet. I wouldn't have been able to live with that and throwing money at it wouldn't have been an option.

Be weary of the Fusion... my friend has one and absolutely despises it... (he sold his 08 G35x for it) i have another friend in Texas with one and hes tired of it as well after 10k miles... I had one as a rental in december and put about 1000 miles on it and I couldn't wait to give it back.. Transmission is clunky, the myfordtouch is enough to drive a man mad, the torque steer is unacceptable, the gas mileage is NOT good for a 4 cylinder (it will be a very mild improvement over your G) and they aren't holding their value.

Check out a 2013+ Honda Accord. They are FABULOUS cars. Hold their value well, crazy efficiency (will do 36-38 on the highway) and are just built really well. The car is just phenomenal.

I guess i am just so use to the issue that i hop in the car and expect it to be very uncomfortable. Won't be able to afford a 2013. Maybe if i lease but not a fan of that. No other cars out there really interest me ( like the accord a lot...just can't get the payments to where i want with the $$ i have

Want to keep it in the 18K range if possible. Will roll over about 4.5K in the difference of what i owe on my car and what it's worth. I am spoiled with everything..makes it worse

Main reason i kept it is becasue every car i look at...doesn't even have close to the options i have in my 07. Even new 14s lack what my 07 has ( with what i can afford)

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 02-10-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:31 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
I guess i am just so use to the issue that i hop in the car and expect it to be very uncomfortable. Won't be able to afford a 2013. Maybe if i lease but not a fan of that. No other cars out there really interest me ( like the accord a lot...just can't get the payments to where i want with the $$ i have

Want to keep it in the 18K range if possible. Will roll over about 4.5K in the difference of what i owe on my car and what it's worth. I am spoiled with everything..makes it worse

Main reason i kept it is becasue every car i look at...doesn't even have close to the options i have in my 07. Even new 14s lack what my 07 has ( with what i can afford)
I wish you were local. My Infiniti dealer has a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L with 32k on it for $19,900. Would be perfect for you.

Check out a slightly older Accord V6 EX-L maybe?. Still a fantastic car that will hold its value and be smooth and efficient. Or maybe buy a brand new Honda Civic EX-L with Nav? You get so much stuff in Hondas these days. Back up cams, push button start, bluetooth audio standard. It is CRAZY. And the cars just work well. I have been beyond impressed... If you can get over losing a few features like ACC and the adaptive headlights for those that are important (atleast to me, like nav, heated leather, and sunroof) then you will be content. I got rid of my loaded tech 08 G for a 13 with just Nav and I really don't miss those features... This car offers me everything I want (aside from the driving experience the RWD G gave me..) in a good simple package.

I just cannot recommend a Fusion after all the stupid nit picky quality crap that keep breaking on both of my friends' fully loaded expensive Titaniums and after putting 1000miles on one during december. It is an awesome car with good INITIAL quality but they fall apart (and im not joking, we aren't the only ones. There are a LOT of recalls out on them) and leave you with some serious buyers remorse on a car that is depreciating like mad...

Just look at everything. Acura TSX is a nice reliable car, slightly older TLs, IS250/IS350, ES350, GS, maybe something german? (They aren't as bad as everyone thinks. I am like a full german convert now...) Or maybe an Infiniti M? There are just a LOT of good cars out there in your price range. I am just honestly surprised all you can come up with is the Fusion after living with that vibrating G for years now. I can't even handle a little snow in my wheels let alone a car that does a repetitive shake.. I wish you the best.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I wish you were local. My Infiniti dealer has a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L with 32k on it for $19,900. Would be perfect for you.

Check out a slightly older Accord V6 EX-L maybe?. Still a fantastic car that will hold its value and be smooth and efficient. Or maybe buy a brand new Honda Civic EX-L with Nav? You get so much stuff in Hondas these days. Back up cams, push button start, bluetooth audio standard. It is CRAZY. And the cars just work well. I have been beyond impressed... If you can get over losing a few features like ACC and the adaptive headlights for those that are important (atleast to me, like nav, heated leather, and sunroof) then you will be content. I got rid of my loaded tech 08 G for a 13 with just Nav and I really don't miss those features... This car offers me everything I want (aside from the driving experience the RWD G gave me..) in a good simple package.

I just cannot recommend a Fusion after all the stupid nit picky quality crap that keep breaking on both of my friends' fully loaded expensive Titaniums and after putting 1000miles on one during december. It is an awesome car with good INITIAL quality but they fall apart (and im not joking, we aren't the only ones. There are a LOT of recalls out on them) and leave you with some serious buyers remorse on a car that is depreciating like mad...

Just look at everything. Acura TSX is a nice reliable car, slightly older TLs, IS250/IS350, ES350, GS, maybe something german? (They aren't as bad as everyone thinks. I am like a full german convert now...) Or maybe an Infiniti M? There are just a LOT of good cars out there in your price range. I am just honestly surprised all you can come up with is the Fusion after living with that vibrating G for years now. I can't even handle a little snow in my wheels let alone a car that does a repetitive shake.. I wish you the best.

I went with the fusion becasue i know 2 people with 2014s and they absolutely love them and i like the looks/options they have. I could afford it if i leased...but i don't think i want to do that but i may do anything to get out of my car now.

I am going to test drive one this weekend just to see what it's like. Anything will be better then what i have right now and what i have gone through with not only this issue...but 2 other issues that have popped up in the last 2 years....it's brutal

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 02-12-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:27 PM
one thing i have noticed in the last year...when the roads get worse..more bumps/potholes ect..it makes the vibrations much worse.

So if i start out on a smooth part of highway..it's not as bad as the smooth part of the road AFTER pothole infested road ect. if that makes sense

Old 02-13-2014, 11:45 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
was getting my tires replaced a month or two ago and the shop mentioned my wheels were bent. lol. i've also been feeling vibrations.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by My Key
was getting my tires replaced a month or two ago and the shop mentioned my wheels were bent. lol. i've also been feeling vibrations.
If my issue was only that simple

Old 02-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
i cant figure out mine either.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sucks you are having so much trouble with the car! I had a car years ago that had a rhythmic vibration and ended up being the drive shift bent/out of balance.

You say it is in the steering wheel though...and seats?....hmmm

You shouldn't feel it in the steering but like someone mentioned earlier, there is a carrier bearing in the center of our drive shafts that may be bad, or going bad. The vibration would be is dependent on speed and load (coasting downhill or accelerating).

You may be able to grab the drive shaft and see if there is any play in it or near the center bearing.

Just a thought....

Old 04-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some help please
I have a "rumbling"/"vibration" noise when I turn the wheel to the right around a curve at 45-50++mph speeds.....I have NO idea what the problem could be....
The first time I heard the noise was two years ago, I was driving on the highway with bald rear tires and then it started to rain, I lost control of the car and slid down the highway a good 1/4 mile, with my foot on the brakes, sliding to the left sliding in to my turn, the car finally went off the road I heard a big bang when my left wheel hit the grit....grit on the side of the road the car then hit dirt and came to stop "Thank God" because I was heading towards a gully.
after getting back on the road by help of a Samaritan I then heard the noise, at first I thought it was my tires having flat spot from sliding, so I rotate my wheels still the same, I installed camber arms,I had my tires replaced balanced and an alignment DONE still the same
A mechanic from the dealership says it could be the wheel bearing , but my question is why is it not constant?
Why only when you make right turns at 45MPH and up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway