I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Definitely could be either tires or wheels. Not sure if you sold your aftermarket set but if i were you, I'd get new rims from a reliable mfg as well as respectable tires like from Michelin. I occasionally have had problems with off-brand tires like kumho and will no longer be messing with them anymore--it is just not worth the hassle.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
I'd get new rims from a reliable mfg as well as respectable tires like from Michelin
Unfortunately i do not have the money for that. I am still in the hole from my old tire and wheels set up..can't get another. So i need to keep my wheels and just try used tires for now. I found 4 RSA's that came stock on the car. I know they suck but i haven't seen a review about them not being able to be balanced. They are just noisy and terrible in rain..but i would rather spend $200 to check wheels and tires than 750 and have it to still vibrate. Worse comes to worse i can sell the tires the $200 tires for $75 or 100 if it still vibrates ect...ugh

Old 08-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Just bough the RSAs for 200 shipped

I know they are shitty but this is the only inexpensive way of knowing if it's the tire or wheel. Worse comes to worse i can return these tires in 14 days if need be or just sell them outright...hopefully this fixes the problem

Oh and BTW..i never knew there was a TSB out in march of this year regarding balancing tires and not using as much material or liquid to balance the tires.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a sensible plan. You can always get something new when funds are available.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Sounds like a sensible plan. You can always get something new when funds are available.
If this fixes it i will save for a new set this winter. They only thing i still can't explain is the whistle noise when car is cold turning wheel to right....

Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I believe that whistle when turinging right is brakes..becasue i had to stop fast today and you could hear a squeak for about 10 ft

Oh and the RSA's i ordered are no good....so i swaped them for Continentials ContitouringContact...gets just as bad reviews..but for $200 to find out if it's the issue isn't bad

Basically i am going to be hydroplaning in the rain and they are going to be loud..but hey ill take it if it stops my vibrations..i hope!

I really wanted the dealer to swap the tires and wheels they used from the 08 with mine..god it would be so smooth..well according to them and i believe them. If these tires don't fix it i am going to as to drive my car with those new wheels and tires from the 08 on there...just so i know first hand it's fixed..but hopefully it won't come to that...i am getting sick of buying tires and wheels...never knew this car would be this picky with tires and balances

Old 08-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Man,,, wish i lived closer,,,, you could try my stock set-up, or my 245/45/18" Kuhmo's set up... either way both "sets" have there idiosycrysies... but they don't vibrate, and track straight....

Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
BTW.... the wheels are 0 Z ultraleggeria's

Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
See i am not 100% sure it's the tires because it still could be the wheels..they said they think it's the tires as they have had issues with nissans and have heard of infinitis not liking Yokohama. I am sure it's the tires..but on the off chance it is the wheel..spending 500+ would not be good. I can get the rsa's for 200 shipped and get at least 6 months out of them..i would drive my car off a cliff if i got brand new tires that didn't fix it even though they should..if that makes any sense lol

And i don't have the 500+ right now...i can do 200...but not 600 ect..it's going to be a rough next few weeks
Wow, wonder if your wheels are out of round. That sucks about the tires... btw I have yokos that the previous owner put on and they get the worst cupping/feathering and strangest wear issues, so bad that when I rotated tires this week the two tires off the front would fall over flat on their face because of the strange wear. I've thought it might have something to do with how they're 'zoned' tires with different bands along the width for dealing with wet, dry, and snow. Looking forward to putting something else on for sure.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Kamikazejs
Wow, wonder if your wheels are out of round. That sucks about the tires... btw I have yokos that the previous owner put on and they get the worst cupping/feathering and strangest wear issues, so bad that when I rotated tires this week the two tires off the front would fall over flat on their face because of the strange wear. I've thought it might have something to do with how they're 'zoned' tires with different bands along the width for dealing with wet, dry, and snow. Looking forward to putting something else on for sure.
The ones on my car now are cupping bad...my continentals came in. Some cupping on one tire is worse than others..i just hope this fixes the vibs..if not i have no clue what i am going to do....

Old 08-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Question to you guys...would bad brakes or wheel bearing really cause the vibration to come and go and show in the seat quite bad? If it's in the seat which it is..wouldn't that mean the back half of the car and not the front half?

It seems like if it was front brakes or that right wheels bearing..it should only be in the steering wheel correct? Or at least you would think...

Old 08-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah the used tires did nothing but make it worse..still comes and goes with every tire set....WTF i am so tired of this....

Old 08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
I thought you figured it was the wheel/tires. Since you replaced the tires, doesn't that mean your wheels are bad?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
I thought you figured it was the wheel/tires. Since you replaced the tires, doesn't that mean your wheels are bad?
^^ I haven't figured anything... Thats what the dealer is telling me..yet i get new tires and nothing changes..i get the 19 inch mrr hr2 wheels with hankook tires..nothing changes..so 4 sets of tires and 2 sets of wheels all do it...yet dealer says their wheels and tires on my car make it smooth..or so they say...

Infiniti tried other wheels and tires on my car and it didn't change or so they say...Nissan does the same thing and says it's night and day difference...i have no idea anymore

Have about 3,000 bucks invested in this issue and nothing..not even a change... I am out of money and can't afford anymore balances/mounting tires...anything

Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Sorry to hear. I figured you were able to test drive your car with the dealer set on but I guess not. You are right, not sure if you can take them at their word. Definitely sounds more like a non-wheel/tire issue since certain driving maneuvers make it worse.

To test the wheel bearing, jack up the corner and see if there is any play when you try to rock it with hands on the 12 and 6 o'clock position. Any time I hear a constant noise on the highway, I do this test just to rule it out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway