Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Set up: Front 19x9 +10 (w 245/35-19) Rear 19x10 +0 (w 275/35) and im about to drop it on bc br racing coils. Took my whip to the auto body shop guy and he insisted that even if i rolled my fenders in the back, that they would still rub bad. He tells me that i need a wide body kit and will do the work for me. Opinions? Will rolling the fenders be enough to run this set up?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ambiguous113
^damn my bad...didn't see that he was talking about sedan and not coupe...
Always question the unsure answer, grasshopper.

Originally Posted by ManE-G35
Set up: Front 19x9 +10 (w 245/35-19) Rear 19x10 +0 (w 275/35) and im about to drop it on bc br racing coils. Took my whip to the auto body shop guy and he insisted that even if i rolled my fenders in the back, that they would still rub bad. He tells me that i need a wide body kit and will do the work for me. Opinions? Will rolling the fenders be enough to run this set up?
Well he's right and wrong, if he's insisting on doing a widebody on your car though, he's an idiot because you're still very close to fitting those with a tiny bit of work.

There are a few things you can do to make them fit or a combination of all.
1. Mild stretch AKA run a smaller tire
2. Little bit of negative camber
3. Pull the fenders

With rolled fenders 10 +6 is easily doable so you really only need about 6mm of clearance to be safe. By the time you drop the car on BC coils (depending how low you go) the car will naturally pull some negative camber. Assume a 2" drop will give you -2 degrees of camber, if you leave that untouched and put the wheels on you should clear fine. (2 degrees is about 10mm of clearance) If you still need clearance after that, get some who knows fender work and get them to do a very mild pull.

BTW, the shop you've been going to. Should probably stop going there and find someone who has an idea what he's doing. If you need a local guy for fender work let me know and I'll see if I can find one for you.

The following users liked this post:
ManE-G35 (02-29-2012)
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ok so my last wheel option feel through, found a great deal on some Work 11R-FTs though, I'd like to run Hankook ventus V12 Evo (sizes: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....s+V12+evo+K110)

The wheel specs are
18x9.5+15 front
18x10.5+22 rear

Am I correct in that if I want to use these Hankooks, the best setup would be:
265/40 front
275/40 rear
???

My coupe is lowered 1" front .6" rear, -1.1 camber front -1.3 camber rear

thanks again! I think I'm starting to understand some of this....

Old 02-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by junon
ok so my last wheel option feel through, found a great deal on some Work 11R-FTs though, I'd like to run Hankook ventus V12 Evo (sizes: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....s+V12+evo+K110)

The wheel specs are
18x9.5+15 front
18x10.5+22 rear

265/40 front
275/40 rear
???

Read the Tire Rack test of those tires in their value performance tire comparison. It was the worst of the four. A Dunlop, the Sumitomo HTR-Z III, and a Kumho tire were all better overall.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
20X10.5 all around

Never got this answered yet.

Vossen CV3 - 20X10.5 all around on a G35 coupe.
Is this setup possible without low offsets like 0- +10?? or would it not have enough clearance in the front with too high of an offset.

Im lowered on G35 prokits so my drop isnt much and im digging the look of the CV3, but only with the deep concave all around. If ANYONE has some good insight on a setup for wheels 10.5 wide in the FRONT. Please help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by trentor
Read the Tire Rack test of those tires in their value performance tire comparison. It was the worst of the four. A Dunlop, the Sumitomo HTR-Z III, and a Kumho tire were all better overall.
Hmm true, but the scores weren't too far apart. The shop that I'm getting the wheels from may be able to get a good price on the hankooks. Otherwise I'll just pick up something from a vendor or discount tire as a separate purchase. But are these tire sizes correct?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
4DGS - Snag in my setup now. Took the car in to have the rears rolled to fit the 18X9 +25 on the sedan. I mentioned to them that I had a fender bender more than a year ago on the left rear quarter panel.

They declined to roll it after they found out that info, citing they didn't want to risk any paint or filler chipping during the rolling process. They did say that I could wait till the summer months and try. The paint, metal, filler would be more pliable to the process, reducing the chance of it cracking or chipping. So either I wait for summer or try a less aggressive offset.

So will the XXR526 in a +35 be more doable without rolling? Again, 350Z revised suspension on currently. No plans to go lower. Stock front/rear control arms. Stock Z camber settings.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts

The wheel specs are
18x9.5+15 front
18x10.5+22 rear

265/40 front
275/40 rear
???

That set up would work fine, hankooks are great for the money, but you'll burn through them fairly quick.

Originally Posted by Kyletk808
Never got this answered yet.

Vossen CV3 - 20X10.5 all around on a G35 coupe.
Is this setup possible without low offsets like 0- +10?? or would it not have enough clearance in the front with too high of an offset.

Im lowered on G35 prokits so my drop isnt much and im digging the look of the CV3, but only with the deep concave all around. If ANYONE has some good insight on a setup for wheels 10.5 wide in the FRONT. Please help me out.
Thanks in advance.
To do the 10.5 up front you're going to need fairly low offsets. The highest you could manage is probably a +15 or so. But I'm not too too familiar with back spacing on the front of these cars, this coming season I will be a lot more knowledgeable in this.

Hmm true, but the scores weren't too far apart. The shop that I'm getting the wheels from may be able to get a good price on the hankooks. Otherwise I'll just pick up something from a vendor or discount tire as a separate purchase. But are these tire sizes correct?
Hankooks are fine.

Originally Posted by GAU-8
4DGS - Snag in my setup now. Took the car in to have the rears rolled to fit the 18X9 +25 on the sedan. I mentioned to them that I had a fender bender more than a year ago on the left rear quarter panel.

They declined to roll it after they found out that info, citing they didn't want to risk any paint or filler chipping during the rolling process. They did say that I could wait till the summer months and try. The paint, metal, filler would be more pliable to the process, reducing the chance of it cracking or chipping. So either I wait for summer or try a less aggressive offset.

So will the XXR526 in a +35 be more doable without rolling? Again, 350Z revised suspension on currently. No plans to go lower. Stock front/rear control arms. Stock Z camber settings.
The +35 might work without a roll but I'd still suggest rolling it just to be safe.

Tell them to get a meter out and measure the paint depth to see where the filler was added. (if they don't have this they are not a real shop) If the filler was added in the right spots you'll still be able to roll it. Also, with a mild roll you're barely going to flex the 1/4 so you'd probably fine.

WORST CASE, you can cut the fender for more clearance. I never recommend this as it makes rolling the fenders later on a huge bitch. But if you don't plan to go more aggressive than the set up you have in mind, then you will be fine.

The following users liked this post:
Kyletk808 (02-29-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
Alright Blaine trying to finalize my wheel build...slammed on Megan coils and trying to stay within or as close to factory specs, going to be running 255/35 rear and 235/35 front....what is the lowest offset I can go with with everything I got? And rear fenders rolled flat by Shane btw

Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 PM
20x8.5 +32 20x10.5 +30 on a 03 sedan on 350z sportlines with just rolled fenders can it work without pulling fenders and or extreme camber? tire advice for a mild stretched look?.........appreciate the help

Old 03-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Always question the unsure answer, grasshopper.

Well he's right and wrong, if he's insisting on doing a widebody on your car though, he's an idiot because you're still very close to fitting those with a tiny bit of work.

There are a few things you can do to make them fit or a combination of all.
1. Mild stretch AKA run a smaller tire
2. Little bit of negative camber
3. Pull the fenders

With rolled fenders 10 +6 is easily doable so you really only need about 6mm of clearance to be safe. By the time you drop the car on BC coils (depending how low you go) the car will naturally pull some negative camber. Assume a 2" drop will give you -2 degrees of camber, if you leave that untouched and put the wheels on you should clear fine. (2 degrees is about 10mm of clearance) If you still need clearance after that, get some who knows fender work and get them to do a very mild pull.

BTW, the shop you've been going to. Should probably stop going there and find someone who has an idea what he's doing. If you need a local guy for fender work let me know and I'll see if I can find one for you.
Thanks 4DGS, correction i'm actually running 30 in the back. From what I understand, this setup will clear with a drop alone. If you know anybody who does the fender work in the San Antonio area, point me in the right direction. Thanks again.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by ambiguous113
Alright Blaine trying to finalize my wheel build...slammed on Megan coils and trying to stay within or as close to factory specs, going to be running 255/35 rear and 235/35 front....what is the lowest offset I can go with with everything I got? And rear fenders rolled flat by Shane btw
9.5/10.5 widths? +4/+6. That'll put you at -1.2 front and rear. (Oem is -1.3/-1.8) You could push it out a few more mm's if you're that picky.

If you're worried about my advice, I run +2 at -1.4 up front. I did months of research and countless questions with Blaine regarding that - running low offsets within oem specs.

Last edited by DrewDrew; 03-01-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Ban Hammer Expert

^yeah running pretty standard 9.5/10.5 setup....was thinking about +7 front and +2 rear....would that be a problem running that?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
No problems, but there will be a noticeable camber difference. My preference is to have the camber as close as possible. +7 would put you less than -.6ish, which is less than the OEM nominal setting up front. As I said, running +2 at -1.4, and 5mm/1* of camber - I would guess that's really not aggressive enough - there would just be extra space between fender/tire if you chose to set it just under -1*. Anyways, rear will be around -1.6, I wouldn't like that large of a difference. Are you gonna run spacers or building a true aggressive set up? I'd make the fronts 5 (spacer) or 6mm (if you add half an inch of lip to the rim) more aggressive, and make it +2 all around.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Ban Hammer Expert

this is all gonna be a true build so no spacers at all.... so how about +4 front and +2 rear?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::