Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Not once you lower it, you'll be slightly sunken even at stock height.
What size spacers? I have 20mm fronts and 25mm rears now on oem wheels

Old 08-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Not that big, I'd say 10mm or 15mm depending on what tires you go with.

Are you going to roll your fenders? and are you dropping on coils or springs?

Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I will be rolling fenders and probably springs for now.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by konxeptionz
I don't know if they will clear your OEM brembos or not, the extent of my wheel knowledge does not extend that far. But if they don't, with +20 offsets all around, you could easily still run a 10mm spacer or larger in order to clear your brembos... but again, I'm not a brake guru in that sense so I'm not too sure. Just tossing ideas your way.

However, for the widths, what I would run would be a 225/30 in the front and a 245/30 in the rear. Depending on how low you're going to lower, you'll need a rear fender roll in order to clear.
Thank you very much man, I really appreciate it!!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 PM
This might sound like a stupid question,
but I bought aftermarket rims that are hitting my Brembos on the 03 g35 coupe.

1st question: Are Ichiba hubcentric spacers safe?or spacers in general safe? .
2nd question: I might need 15mm or 20mm in the front, is 15mm too little and/or 20mm too much?
3rd question: Will my factory bolts/lugs protrude from the spacers? will i have to cut them off?
4th question: Do i go with all this mod or sell the new aftermarket rims?

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THESE SPACERS?

PLEASE HELP.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:43 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by psychomotif

2nd question: I might need 15mm or 20mm in the front, is 15mm too little and/or 20mm too much?
3rd question: Will my factory bolts/lugs protrude from the spacers? will i have to cut them off?

PLEASE HELP.
1. Yes, they are perfectly safe since they just bolt right onto your hub. I ran the same spacers myself for 4 months without issues. I know my friend Alex still runs these spacers on his in order to clear his brembos.

2. I honestly wouldn't know what size you need because my brake knowledge does not extend that far. Your best bet would be to look for a template and measure to see how much distance you have from your wheel's disc face and the brembo caliper itself.

3. They will not stick out. So long your wheels allows for part of the stud to fit inside of it, then you will be fine.

4. There is nothing wrong with running spacers, in my opinion. Some people frown on it, but that is also their opinion. What this boils down to is what you think and what you wanna do because it is your vehicle. There are some people on this forum that are running spacers on their aggressive wheel set ups in order to clear their BBK's.

But I will leave you with this note, do you wanna spend another 2k or whatever on a set of wheels or would you rather just spend $250 or so on a set of spacers and keep your wheels?

Old 08-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new to the forum my g coupe currently has oem ray 19s on it lowered on the 350z S-Techs....going to get coils soon

im looking around currently to purchase new rims for my car, and im really digging this dudes set up from the WFC forum

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...b3d092a0_b.jpg

SSR MS1
19x10 et-5 235
19x11 et+4 275

anyways, what im asking is how i achieve this setup? whats the offset?(i know the guy has it written that -5 and +4, i understand that the those numbers are the positive and negatives from the center of the wheel, but im curious as to how should i determine what will achieve the look i want? if that makes any sense) and looking at SSR's website i dont know what the difference between the "SL, NR, MD, and HP" just learning about rims and the geometry of wheels sorry that im a noob

simply what im trying to ask you guys is that if im set on 19x10F, and 19x11R whats would be the best specs in my scenario if i wanted to achieve this without using spacers, and being able to clear a bbk via the wheel chart on the website

thanks in advance! i appreciate it greatly

Old 08-30-2010, 02:38 PM
came into a really good deal on a set of sevas rims, they are 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear +25 offset all the way around. How will fitment be on a sedan? I'm new to figuring out this whole offset thing, i want a relatively aggressive fitment and realize i will probably need a roll and camber kits for the front and back

Last edited by JonG101; 08-30-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Do you wanna stretch your tires and poke? or do you wanna be flush?

Old 08-30-2010, 08:28 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by blvck_g
new to the forum my g coupe currently has oem ray 19s on it lowered on the 350z S-Techs....going to get coils soon

im looking around currently to purchase new rims for my car, and im really digging this dudes set up from the WFC forum

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...b3d092a0_b.jpg

SSR MS1
19x10 et-5 235
19x11 et+4 275

anyways, what im asking is how i achieve this setup? whats the offset?(i know the guy has it written that -5 and +4, i understand that the those numbers are the positive and negatives from the center of the wheel, but im curious as to how should i determine what will achieve the look i want? if that makes any sense) and looking at SSR's website i dont know what the difference between the "SL, NR, MD, and HP" just learning about rims and the geometry of wheels sorry that im a noob

simply what im trying to ask you guys is that if im set on 19x10F, and 19x11R whats would be the best specs in my scenario if i wanted to achieve this without using spacers, and being able to clear a bbk via the wheel chart on the website

thanks in advance! i appreciate it greatly
I don't know much about SSR wheels and their acronyms so I will try and do my best to answer your question. I also don't know much about how SSR sets up their disc faces in order to clear a BBK, that is something that you are going to have to research on your own.

First off, I'm confused on this "look" that you want to achieve. Its more then just a look, its a stance thing and its a lot more work then you would really think. People go through many sets of wheels and tires to achieve their perfect stance as part of the fitment game.

So if you're interested in running those specs on a set of MS1's, I must ask you this... how low are you going to drop on your coils? Are you willing to stretch your tires? Are you willing to run negative camber in order to clear fenders? Are you willing to do fender work in order to have your tires clear?

All these questions must be addressed before I can point you in the correct direction.

As for the look that you are wanting to achieve, I'm slightly confused on what you wanna achieve. Do you just want to be flush with the fender as much as possible while keeping all camber and toe in specs? Or do you wanna be hellaflush and join the fitment game? Again, that goes back to all the original questions that I have asked stated above.

But if you are interested in running those exact same specs that you posted, above, then I will tell you this:

1. You will have to have an aggressive drop if you wanna achieve the hellaflush look.

2. You WILL need to stretch your tires to clear your fenders. With those wheel widths, I would run a 235/35 or a 245/35 stretch for the rears and a 255/35 stretch in the rear. What kind tires do you want to run? Remember that some tires stretch large, true, and small. This all comes down to your daily driving habits on which one of those 3 stretches that you wanna run.

3. You WILL need to roll your rear and front fenders flat. And you will need to remove the liner clips in your front fender in order to prevent rubbing when you hit small dips and bumps.

4. You WILL need to run negative camber in order to clear your fenders. So, you will have uneven tire wear. Is that something you are willing to put up with and are you comfortable with it?

Honestly though, I would do a bit more research before settling down on a set of wheels with aggressive offsets and then you not knowing what you need to do in order to make them fit and join the stance game.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:39 PM
@4dgs - i want more of a flush fitment. would you consider your fitment flush?
Ps I realized the rears are actually 10

Last edited by JonG101; 08-30-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by psychomotif

PLEASE HELP.
if you're a member at my350z, HERE's a GREAT thread regarding spacers and it'll answer ALL your spacer questions

Old 08-31-2010, 01:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blvck_g
i dont know what the difference between the "SL, NR, MD, and HP" just learning about rims and the geometry of wheels sorry that im a noob
SL = super low pad
NR = normal pad
MD = mid pad
HP = high pad

these are the disk/face type of the wheel. HP will clear BBK so face will be more convex.
SL pad has the flattest or most concave face.
so from HP to MD to NR to SL, the faces become from convex to concave.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Work vsxx

What size tires for my 20x9.5 +6 and 20x10.5 +0

Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Itasha Coupe
General UHP's.

225/35 F
245/35 R or 255/35 R

Go low and negative camber.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::