Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
I think I need to just buy an ASWC-1 to do a separate install video for that item. They weren't around when I did my installs.

What wiring were you confused on? There's the two signal wires, which go from the M39 harness to the wires on the ASWC. There's the power wire for the ASWC, which connects to the same switched power wire that the headunit uses. The ground for the ASWC is connected to the yellow M39 harness wire and grounded to the vehicle. Then, you plug the 3.5mm connector to the back of the radio. That's it.

You've got to be more descriptive on the amp error. Mostly because you bought the 70-7551, a part I haven't recommended to anyone in years, so I would have to assume that you've got an aftermarket amplifier you're trying to use. If that assumption is wrong and you're trying to use it with the factory bose amplifier, you're going to encounter the issues of low/noisy audio that made me recommend the ROEM-NIS2 in any situation where you're keeping the bose amplifier. If you're using the 70-7551 and don't have the bose system OR an aftermarket amplifier, you're sending a very low power signal to try and power speakers, which doesn't really work.
I was confused with where to connect the interface. I didn't know where to connect those cables and attempted to connect the colors from the harness and the m39. I thought I had it even though i wasn't positive but it turns out that it wasn't the way i thought and now I can't use the steering wheel controls and the lights on the steering wheel don't turn on either.

On the amp error part, it mostly happens when I use local radio. It just displays AMP ERROR and stays there and doesn't let me play anything unless I restart the car. I didn't know the 7551 wasn't recommended at the time. I had just went to a car audio shop and asked what was needed to install the stereo with the dash. I don't have an aftermarket amplifier, its the bose, though I do want to get other speakers and an amp for the bose, so do you have any recommendations?

Old 09-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Cingular
I have a question about the ASWC-1. The cubby was falling down because I used the stock screws in the metra dash, so in order to replace those I had to take out my dash. Upon replacing I could not get my ASWC-1 to work, the programming seems to be different from initial install and when you try to reprogram it. I have checked all the guides and the amount of red flashes determining what it is connected to varies but usually flashes 7 times indicating it does not recognize a radio. It would also keep turning my screen off when it was plugged in no matter what I did, every time I tried to reprogram it. I ended up just taking it out from frustration... Does anyone have some suggestions before I try to return it?
What radio is it? Unless there's some really weird wiring problem, I can't think of a reason it would cause the screen to turn off.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Marfyyyyy
I was confused with where to connect the interface. I didn't know where to connect those cables and attempted to connect the colors from the harness and the m39. I thought I had it even though i wasn't positive but it turns out that it wasn't the way i thought and now I can't use the steering wheel controls and the lights on the steering wheel don't turn on either.

On the amp error part, it mostly happens when I use local radio. It just displays AMP ERROR and stays there and doesn't let me play anything unless I restart the car. I didn't know the 7551 wasn't recommended at the time. I had just went to a car audio shop and asked what was needed to install the stereo with the dash. I don't have an aftermarket amplifier, its the bose, though I do want to get other speakers and an amp for the bose, so do you have any recommendations?
Page 57 of the manual discusses the amp error -

"This unit fails to operate or the speaker connection is incorrect; the protective circuit is activated. Check the speaker connection. If the message fails to disappear even after the engine is switched off/on, contact your dealer or an authorized Pioneer Service Station for assistance."

So, it could be due to the wrong wiring harness being used. That's another reason to switch to the recommended PAC ROEM-NIS2 instead of the 70-7551 - or another reason to get the new amp. The new amp can power the old speakers just fine.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Hey G35Drivers,

I got the PAC ROEM NIS2 as it was recommended. Everything sounds perfect, even better than stock stereo. Volume is great, very loud at volume #10-20. Only problem is that I have a low static noise, would anyone know what's the problem? I followed Wrathernauts diagram on his first post but still a low static noise. Please help?

Thanks in advance G35Drivers! !

Old 09-15-2014, 01:20 AM
I think you have a grounding issue. You should physically connect the ground wire(s) to a good ground spot. I think Wrathernaut says the commonly used ground point is the two screws at the bottom of the metal frame that holds the radio console section in place.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:29 AM
I bought a generic China Ebay pure android head unit. For steering wheel controls it says it works with any car that has analogue steering wheel outputs. It has 2 input wires for this. Do I still need a PAC SWI or will the car interface directly to the stereo? Do I need to wire in some resisters or anything? Car is a 2005 coupe with Bose. Also the radio reception is pretty bad with the stock Bose before I touched anything, and is still the same with my new Android head unit. Any ideas? Thanks,

Old 09-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
What radio is it? Unless there's some really weird wiring problem, I can't think of a reason it would cause the screen to turn off.
it is a pioneer avh x2600bt and the initial install was fine and it worked out of the box, for some unknown reason after unplugging it from the radio and plugging it back in it will no longer work. I had ran out of ideas which is why i was seeing if i could get some advice before going through the hassle of returning through ebay.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks brad604,
I will get that a shot and see if it works out.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by brad604
I bought a generic China Ebay pure android head unit. For steering wheel controls it says it works with any car that has analogue steering wheel outputs. It has 2 input wires for this. Do I still need a PAC SWI or will the car interface directly to the stereo? Do I need to wire in some resisters or anything? Car is a 2005 coupe with Bose. Also the radio reception is pretty bad with the stock Bose before I touched anything, and is still the same with my new Android head unit. Any ideas? Thanks,
Some of those need resistors, some don't. Since there's no real consistency to those units, your best bet is to see if somebody has installed one successfully in a 350z, since there's generally more 350z installs going on due to production numbers and consumer-base mod habits.

Bad radio reception can be a bad antenna amplifier. Simple (ish) way to check is to pick up an aftermarket antenna and just plug that sucker in. You can get a cheap one for like $10 at a local auto parts store. If it sounds better with that thing, I'd blame the antenna amp, but our cars are pretty well known to have poor radio reception anyway.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Will a jdm trim and ac controller from an 03-04 work in my 06, I know id have to solder the dual button on but besides that it should be fine right?

Old 09-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by gmmills
Will a jdm trim and ac controller from an 03-04 work in my 06, I know id have to solder the dual button on but besides that it should be fine right?
No, it won't work.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys, posting from Australia here.

I've got an odd question to ask. Ive looked over alot of forums and cant find anyone doing something similar (not sure if its a stupid idea or not).

Basically my v35 skyline (BOSE) has had the dreaded AC Climate control issue where the AC would be stuck on and the radio controls die.

I am in the process of ordering a JDM Double Din/AC panel to get this fixed. I wont be buying a new double din head unit until next year (i just want the AC issue fixed asap).

From reading the threads, it seems i will also need the PAC ROEM-NIS2 unit as well when i do purchase a new headunit.

Because i wont be getting a new headunit for a while, my question is if it is possible to get some sort of RCA harness connected to the PAC ROEM-NIS2. By doing this, i can then connect my bluetooth A2DP adapter to the RCA and just play music from my phone directly to the BOSE amp?

Does anyone know if this is possible? To be able to connect a device via rca or whatever directly to the PAC ROEM-NIS2. If so, would you guys know what extra parts i would require.

Sorry i know it probably sounds like a stupid idea, but i just want to be able to have basic music playing while i wait to get a new headunit.

Cheers,

Last edited by jjjones; 09-25-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by jjjones
Hey guys, posting from Australia here.

I've got an odd question to ask. Ive looked over alot of forums and cant find anyone doing something similar (not sure if its a stupid idea or not).

Basically my v35 skyline (BOSE) has had the dreaded AC Climate control issue where the AC would be stuck on and the radio controls die.

I am in the process of ordering a JDM Double Din/AC panel to get this fixed. I wont be buying a new double din head unit until next year (i just want the AC issue fixed asap).

From reading the threads, it seems i will also need the PAC ROEM-NIS2 unit as well when i do purchase a new headunit.

Because i wont be getting a new headunit for a while, my question is if it is possible to get some sort of RCA harness connected to the PAC ROEM-NIS2. By doing this, i can then connect my bluetooth A2DP adapter to the RCA and just play music from my phone directly to the BOSE amp?

Does anyone know if this is possible? To be able to connect a device via rca or whatever directly to the PAC ROEM-NIS2. If so, would you guys know what extra parts i would require.

Sorry i know it probably sounds like a stupid idea, but i just want to be able to have basic music playing while i wait to get a new headunit.

Cheers,
*ASSUMING THE SKYLINE WIRING IS IDENTICAL TO THE G35 WIRING*

Entirely possible. It won't help your failed climate controls, but you can connect the ROEM-NIS2 up as you would in a standard aftermarket installation (follow the chart on post #1) and it will take whatever audio input you connect to it. The only modifications you will need to do are to use the low-level signal wires, and to connect the blue/white amp power signal wire to the red switched power wire, otherwise the bose amp won't turn on. Consequently, most of the other wires won't be connected to anything until you get your new radio.

Only minor issues I see are getting the volume levels right, and your device will only be outputting stereo, while the bose expects four-channel audio. From what I've seen (but haven't independently confirmed) the bose amp builds the rear deck woofer channel(s) from the front audio channel, so just use the front low-level inputs on the ROEM, and just ignore the rear side speakers. I prefer front soundstage anyway.

The following users liked this post:
jjjones (09-25-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by brad604
I will answer my own question in case anyone else is putting in a generic Android Ebay HU. I connected the 3 steering wheel control wires directly to the stereo and it worked perfect. No interface required.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:03 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Wrathernaut,

Just wondering if you are familiar with this?
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/stereo/s...ti/nsa-04.html

I'm from Australia so have a JDM V35. Installed my double din last week to fix the aircon issue.

At the moment, ive reading a lot to get prepared for the headunit install.

On the Skylines Australia forums, people seem to recommend using the Beatsonic over the PAC ROEM-NIS2... To me, the Beatsonic seems like a complete rip off (and seems to do the same thing as the PAC?).

Been going through a lot of forum posts on here and on the Australian forums, and there doesn't seem to be a definite answer as to if the PAC ROEM-NIS2 works on the V35 or not.

Does anyone know of anyone whos been successful in installing the PAC ROEM-NIS2 on a JDM V35 with Bose?

Cheers,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List