Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have much appreciation for you wrathernaut. Did my double din install on an 05 with bose sound and used

1. Metra 40-NI10
2.Metra 70-7550 (Non-Bose) Wiring Harness.
3. the jdm trim
4. for power steering control, the headunit came with a connecter so i just spliced the factory wires and it works great

anywho, thanks alot for the detailed information, because I was really close to purchasing the jdm without the a/c control before i read this.

p.s. the sound is way louder than stock. No problems with the metra setup

Last edited by G35Bandit; 01-24-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
What headunit and where are the pics?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry, its hard to get a great picture in the dark, but heres one of all the lights and one with the best flash i could with the least glare. the unit is a eonon d2208, nothing fancy mainly bought it because it looks nice, had customizeable colors and the usual dvd and ipod feature

Name:  IMG_20110124_222137.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20110124_222115.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  116.7 KB

Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KomodoG35
Great thread! Very happy to have come across this, I'll be looking to do this in the next few weeks. TheG35Dude - how did your install go? I was thinking of the same head unit, wanted to see how you like it. Thanks guys!
Still waiting on some parts to arrive, the winter snow storms must have been the reason for such a long wait for delivery. I just finished attaching the head units wiring harness to the PAC module (OEM-1) and I have some wires left over. From the head unit side I have a yellow (mute) wire and on the PAC side I have four low level (+) wires. Any thoughts on how to use them ?

I also wired in a relay which is controlled by the Blue/white amp trigger which will ground the green (parking brake) wire after the head unit is powered up. I also attached to the blue/white trigger wire is the power antenna wire.

Just got the ASWC steering wheel interface, in the instructions the tell you to go to their site and get the information on your specific car, I looked but found nothing.

Last edited by TheG35Dude; 01-25-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
The 4 wires on the pac harness are unused.

The Axxess website sucks. I couldn't find it either.

Wrathernaut came through with the link:

http://documents.victorytechnologies...icle/10985.pdf

Old 01-25-2011, 09:14 PM
The wiring for head unit itself and the bypass are easy to understand and do, the steering wheel controller (METRA AXXESS ASWC UNIVERSAL OEM STEERING WHEEL CONTROL (latter referred to as MAAUOSWC)) is *issing me off. The black wire from the metra controller goes to system ground and the red goes to accessories power which can be attached into the cable coming from the head unit.
On the G35 schematics that there is three wires coming off the steering wheel audio control switch, g (green or Grey), r (red) and y (yellow). I am assuming that they must connect back to the MAAUOSWC, which wires do you use, etc?

Where is this 16 pin connector? The harness that came with the PAC ROEM-NIS2 Nissan/Bose Radio Replacement Interface 1 doesn't have a 16 pin connector, at the rear it has a ten and six pin connector.

Help needed.

Last edited by TheG35Dude; 01-25-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by TheG35Dude
The wiring for head unit itself and the bypass are easy to understand and do, the steering wheel controller (METRA AXXESS ASWC UNIVERSAL OEM STEERING WHEEL CONTROL (latter referred to as MAAUOSWC)) is *issing me off. The black wire from the metra controller goes to system ground and the red goes to accessories power which can be attached into the cable coming from the head unit.
On the G35 schematics that there is three wires coming off the steering wheel audio control switch, g (green or Grey), r (red) and y (yellow). I am assuming that they must connect back to the MAAUOSWC, which wires do you use, etc?

Where is this 16 pin connector? The harness that came with the PAC ROEM-NIS2 Nissan/Bose Radio Replacement Interface 1 doesn't have a 16 pin connector, at the rear it has a ten and six pin connector.

Help needed.
Your ignition (red) and ground (black) wires sound like they are correct. The only other wires you use on the Axxess ASWC are the grey/red stripe and white/green stripe.

The two connectors on the PAC ROEM NIS2 will only connect to the two oem audio harnesses. They are in the bundle of five connectors that were removed from the factory radio. So, there are 2 that connect to the PAC ROEM NIS2, 1 that will connect to the JDM (or Metra) AC controller, 1 with only 4 wires (Red, Yellow, Green, White/Green stripe) is for the steering wheel controls and will connect to the Axxess ASWC, and there is one oem connector that is unused.

You can either tap into the oem steering wheel harness or cut it off completely (if you never plan on reinstalling stock radio) to make your connections.

On the Axxess ASWC the grey/red wire connects to the red wire on the oem steering wheel harness.

The white/green wire on the Axxess ASWC connects to the green wire on the oem steering wheel harness.

The yellow wire on the oem steering wheel harness goes to same ground as
the rest of your PAC ROEM grounds.

The last white/green stripe wire on the oem steering wheel control harness is unused.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (08-18-2013)
Old 01-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Thank you for the help.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Revision Notes, 27 Jan 2011:

Added the link to the installation instructions for the Metra Axxess ASWC steering wheel interface.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
My guess is that you did not connect both the amp remote power signal and the antenna amp power signals to the single power signal wire coming from your headunit.
Hi, I'm in the same situation and wondering what color is this single signal power wire on my Pioneer P4200DVD? Is it the yellow wire (connected to the constant 12V supply) or the Red wire (connected to terminal controlled by ignition) or the Orange/white (connected to the lighting switch terminal) or the Blue/White (who seems to be for the system remote control)?

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

The power signal wire is the blue/white from the headunit, if I remember the 4200 correctly.The Red wire will also work, but it's not the proper way to do it according to standards. Definitely do not use the yellow wire, or you'll find your battery very drained and unable to start the car.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Brilliant that worked! Now I need to install the Metra ASWC power-wheel control... will that change anything to the wiring I currently have?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

You'll tap the red wire for power to the ASWC, and you can share grounds as well. The rest of its wiring is between the ASWC and wires from another of the factory harnesses.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:04 PM
That worked! Finally after almost 13 hours of work (I'm a newbie at those things) I have the pioneer avh-4200dvd installed! I used the Metra kit (which by the way now offers the dual-ac controls out of the box) and the ASWC steering wheel. I have a 2003 Sedan.
One thing I messed up is the parking brake bypass. I thought grounding the wire would work but it's not enough anymore. Ah well.

Thanks Wrathernaut, I couldn't have done it without your guide and live help.

Take care all.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Any chance someone can post a pic of the g35 coupe amplifier putting together a car pc and need to get see the connections to amp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List