Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey there, i have a quick question. i recently bought a jdm kit w/o nav and a pioneer 2700bs. Now the question is, do i need a harness or something to keeo the headunit in ? Or what can i use?

Old 10-29-2015, 01:36 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by christopherv5
hey there, i have a quick question. i recently bought a jdm kit w/o nav and a pioneer 2700bs. Now the question is, do i need a harness or something to keeo the headunit in ? Or what can i use?
Check the very first post of this thread. It tells you what exactly you need. Steering wheel controls is optional so that's up to you.

The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (10-29-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 01:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
quick question. i installed my dd and the unit wont turn on. theres power going to it but what can it be? Theres is a green cable in the pac that isnt connected and wasnt too sure where i connect it?

Old 10-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by christopherv5
quick question. i installed my dd and the unit wont turn on. theres power going to it but what can it be? Theres is a green cable in the pac that isnt connected and wasnt too sure where i connect it?
If it won't turn on, how do you know there's power to it?

Only green wires are for the speakers.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:53 AM
epf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2003 with the JDM kit and have just run into a very unfortunate snag. My head unit is ever so slightly (like 0.5mm) too wide for the opening.

Any ideas for making it fit that won't look like ****?

Old 11-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by epf
I have a 2003 with the JDM kit and have just run into a very unfortunate snag. My head unit is ever so slightly (like 0.5mm) too wide for the opening.

Any ideas for making it fit that won't look like ****?
What radio? It might be easier to shave some off the edges of the radio than the inside of the JDM trim.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:52 AM
epf
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
What radio? It might be easier to shave some off the edges of the radio than the inside of the JDM trim.
It's a Newsmy CarPad NU3001. I considered that, but there's no bezel around the display. It's bare glass at the edges. I don't think I can shave any material off there without ruining it.

I think my only recourse is to widen the opening in the JDM trim. Do you have any tips?

Edit: I removed the display part and was able to squeeze it in. Some of the paint on the sides of the opening definitely got scratched in the process but since I put it in from the front, it's not noticeable...assuming I never have to remove it again. I've taken pics of the entire process. I will post when I'm finally finished.

Last edited by epf; 11-01-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:20 PM
I have read through many pages of the walkthrough and not found an answer to my question, so hopefully people can be of help.

I did the double dinn install with a Pioneer AVHX4600BT using all soldered connections and everything works great except for the dimmer. So when the headlights come on, I don't have any a/c control dash lights, nor does the clock light come on. More concerning, is that my nighttime taillights are out too. Haven't run into a cop yet, but with short days and leaving work after sunset, I'm sure this will happen soon.

Any thoughts on how I can rectify this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question the first post says to use the Scosche Ddtrb Double Din Trim Ring. I am assuming that i will have to cut the center piece off so i can install in my Pioneer AVIC-x930tb.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Ok so since I couldnt figure out what was wrong with my subs, I unhooked everything and put everything back together. Still not working. What am I doing wrong?

I have the PAC interface wired to my pioneer deck, 8 speaker wires, red, yellow, ground.
Remote wire is hooked up from the amp to the aftermarket deck to power my subs
Amp is getting power and grounded

Does the factory sub still need to be hooked up or something?

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by MagX; 11-03-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWNG35
Quick question the first post says to use the Scosche Ddtrb Double Din Trim Ring. I am assuming that i will have to cut the center piece off so i can install in my Pioneer AVIC-x930tb.
Yep. You might only need to use one edge of it, really. The reason that ring is on the list is because it's easy to cut w/razor or scissors, and if you need the full ring or just part, it works. To get a sheet of similar-thickness ABS and cut out what you need will usually be more expensive and leave people with a ton of leftover plastic, and few people can cut out the DDin opening properly, so for a "BUY THIS IT WILL WORK" list, it's the best thing to go with as opposed to a dozen different items to cover every possible scenario.

The following users liked this post:
CHI-TOWNG35 (11-04-2015)
Old 11-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Very little sound after following your wiring

Hi, this post is just the gift that keeps on giving right? I appreciate it immensely, but I have a problem. The car is an '06 Skyline Coupe, the head unit is a JVC KW-V21BT. I've followed your wiring guide for the PAC ROEM-NIS2 I think. I've checked all wire joins, all are soldered and wrapped. I'm not using the steering wheel adapter you suggested as I actually don't use the SW controls anyway. The HU powers up OK,all functions are fine so I don't think a problem with that, sound getting to all speakers but I have to up the volume to near max to hear anything. Nothing reaching the Bose amp right? I have both red and blue from the PAC to red on the HU as suggested.

Thanks!!

Old 11-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Ok, with further reading it has to be a grounding issue. Your wiring chart says to "Connect and GROUND Both" black wires. There's already a ground point on the factory frame, can I use this?

Old 11-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Im having a prob with my 04 coupe with bose. I have connected the PAC adapter exactly like it says here in the FAQ with all soldered connections and shrink wrapped but im not getting sound from the speakers in my rear deck. I have great sound from the front door speakers and the rear side panels is ok I guess but not a peep from the rear deck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by nzalias
Ok, with further reading it has to be a grounding issue. Your wiring chart says to "Connect and GROUND Both" black wires. There's already a ground point on the factory frame, can I use this?
Yep. Ground to the metal frame around the radio cage and you're good to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List