Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to know if you have X920BT, Z110BT, Z120BT or Z130BT ?

Old 12-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Antisocialbrian
How to know if you have X920BT, Z110BT, Z120BT or Z130BT ?
It has the model on the front. If you've updated the software to be a Z110, Z120 or Z130, it's in the settings menu somewhere.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
It has the model on the front. If you've updated the software to be a Z110, Z120 or Z130, it's in the settings menu somewhere.
I dont see it

Old 12-31-2017, 05:26 PM
Good info

Last edited by SilverSurfer01; 01-01-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
Really?

Old 01-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone have any recommendation for an installer in the Atlanta, GA area?

I live in a condo and it would be nearly impossible for me to do the installation myself.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Well I hope somebody is still reading this forum. I got my factory radio replaced today. Install was fine and the radio is great (Pioneer AVH2330NEX) but the dash kit from Scosche is a horrible match for my car. The installer says they installed the II1652GMB-Gun Metal (Dual Zone Climate) kit and gave me the box that shows that code but it isn’t even close to the color that it should be.

Anyone else have this issue with the Scosche dash kit?

Color is WAY off.

Color is WAY off.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:43 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Wow. Just wow. So sorry you are going to have to go through the hassle of dealing with that nasty mess.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:03 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by pkdesign
Well I hope somebody is still reading this forum. I got my factory radio replaced today. Install was fine and the radio is great (Pioneer AVH2330NEX) but the dash kit from Scosche is a horrible match for my car. The installer says they installed the II1652GMB-Gun Metal (Dual Zone Climate) kit and gave me the box that shows that code but it isn’t even close to the color that it should be.

Anyone else have this issue with the Scosche dash kit?

Color is WAY off.

Color is WAY off.
Box or not, that is not the gunmetal. Maybe somebody returned the wrong color, or they just boxed it wrong. I can't believe a shop would install something that wrong without showing you the horrible match. I'd say it's the "Willow" (tan) interior, but scosche doesn't list one made in that color.

You might be able to get Scosche to send a properly-painted replacement, if it really is defective... or just remove it and paint it with metallic paint to get a closer match.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:27 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
That's what I meant about "dealing with the mess." You can't accept that. Either the shop needs to take responsibility as Wrather says, or Scosche does. The mess is pinning down who makes it right. You need to be polite but firm, but it's going to take time and be a hassle. But there is no way I'd just go "oh well" and paint or wrap or whatever bailing wire and bubble gum solution one might conjure. Don't take that lying down.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:18 PM
Oh, freaking, man. I did email Scosche today letting them know how unbelievably unhappy I am with the color match. I might have to take to social media to express displeasure as well. Companies seem to hate that.

I totally agree with you G2B, the shop should have shown me the match. I sat in the waiting room the whole time. I am totally and utterly kicking myself for not raising holy hell when they showed me this finished install That's what I get for hating confrontation.

Ugh, this is going to be a long slog.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Finally Right

I posted here https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post7129766 with the results of getting my install fixed.

The following users liked this post:
PuvMan (02-12-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 10:24 PM
Received 371 Likes on 339 Posts
Quick question for u audio guys.

Just finished putting in my Kenwood DD head unit and wiring up the ASWC-1 as well. I did the auto detect feature and it worked and according to the light flashes it detected my head unit correctly as a Kenwood.

Testing it out....the steering wheel volume, seek, and mode button work perfectly. However, the power button on the steering wheel does not do anything. Is it supposed to??

Old 03-03-2018, 02:32 PM
I just completed a double din install in an 05 G35 coupe with Bose.
I used this thread for wiring and parts.
PAC ROEM NIS2
Metra Axxess SWI
Metra dash kit. Worked perfectly
Rear View Camera (Sky Electronics license plate mounted camera)
This one has tracking lines, distance lines and great day/night view.
Parking brake bypass kit for video playback without being in park

Some of my findings.

It was easiest to connect the reverse signal to the wiring at the connecter versus fishing the purple wire out of the kick panel bundle.
The PAC ROEM NIS2 kit without RCA cables installed easily but I'm talking with AAMP technical help right now about possibly needing to adjust the potentiometers to match the OHM rating of the stock Bose speakers
My volume just isn't what it was before the install. That's why Looking at the adjustments possible.

My head unit is a Clarion NX706
I read on some thread that the Bose stock system is actually a Clarion made product so I might have been one of the few that could have hooked this up without the PAC ROEM.
If I can't get the PAC ROEM adjusted I might have to remove it and connect directly.
Not sure I love the Clarion so might switch to a Prioneer or Kenwood product (The Clarion was about $300 cheaper than either of those)
Will update what I find out,.

With the limitations of the stock Bose system amp, none of the built in Clarion Audio tuning adjustment is possible.
Maybe removing the PAC ROEM, and replacing the stock Bose AMP would allow me to use the high/low pass filter settings and adjust the OHM output to get better volume and sound quality.
Using the bluetooth connections for my phone ended up without being to hear the conversation through the speaker, even at the highest setting currently.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:32 PM
I would think twice about a Pioneer HU. I installed a 2330NEX and the HU itself is okay, but Pioneer has had an issue with iOS 11 since September 2017. They released an update to their "AppRadio" app but it still doesn't quite work well. That is of course if you use an iPhone. You may have no issues with Android. If you live totally within CarPlay and don't intend to use Waze or any app outside of CarPlay you'll be fine.

I am also not thrilled with the interface itself. Make sure you take the time to look at the actual usefulness of any radio that you choose. The new Sony's look pretty nice.

I also have a huge issue with their customer service. I've never had a reply back to my emails or tweets.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List