Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

Elaborate on always. 1/2 the time? 9/10 times? The auto-locking feature (besides being a pain in my a$$!) works off of the RAP system. So, if you start the car the doors will lock after 6 seconds. If you shut the car off, but don't open the door and turn the ignition back on the doors won't relock.

It seems like a lot of people are having problems with the autolocking, and almost all of the problems are related to the RAP system! When testing/programming the module it is best to keep the drivers door open, this will make sure RAP is only on when the ignition is on, and will make programming/testing a lot quicker and easier.

Hope this helps,

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 06-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its just me. I did the whole thing by pressing lock 3 times and it seems to be working flawlessly right now. Anyways doesn't matter because I bought it mostly for the windows more than the lock feature, even though it's a plus.

-------
Mike
'04 6Mt Diamond Graphite Coupe
Prem. / Aero / 18" Sport wheels / Trunk Mat / Alum. Pedals / 10% Tints / V1

Old 06-08-2004, 03:49 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

if you push the lock button 3 times the winodws should stop. that is written in the code, so incase you needed to stop them. do yours not stop goin up when you push it 3 times?

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory

Old 06-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Banned

I believe he was talking about pressing the lock button three times to program the auto lock feature.

And yes, if you command the windows to go up and then hit the lock button again they will stop instantly, cool if you want to leave the windows vented, or if the neighbors cat tries to jump through!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 06-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

haha! Yes your right I was talking about the lock feature but I did not know that you can stop it by pressing lock three times... More little features very very cool product! Great job THANKS!!!

-------
Mike
'04 6Mt Diamond Graphite Coupe
Prem. / Aero / 18" Sport wheels / Trunk Mat / Alum. Pedals / 10% Tints / V1

Old 06-10-2004, 12:55 PM

I just installed the module last night and was very easy, took about an hour. Tested it and to was glad to see everything worked as expected. Great product and great job by Kevin! The included instructions were pretty easy to follow and would definitely recommend it to others!

Old 06-10-2004, 04:31 PM

Anyone else with a sedan having this problem with the modules?

If the rear windows are more than a couple of inches lower than the fronts, the rears will not go all the way up.

Old 06-10-2004, 07:21 PM
Banned

Thats the first I've heard of a problem like that. Does it happen every time, or just occasionally? I'll get a hold of Korz and see if he is having the same problem. If you can please describe the problem with a little more detail and I'll find a way to fix it.

thanks!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 06-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kev-

I tried to duplicate the problem described with the sedan, but it worked OK every time for me. I set the front and rear windows in multiple different positions, but couldn't discover any case where all four windows didn't roll up completely.

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 06-11-2004, 11:54 AM

I'll do more intensive testing Saturday and let you know.

Thanks for the reply....

Old 06-14-2004, 02:41 AM
G SQUAD

Hi Kev,

First lemme say cool product.....my small issue is on the coupe..I installed today and I have to press my remote 4X instead of two to get the windows to go up...

I've tried different timings with two hits but its a no go....but when I hit it 4X it works fine....weird huh?

Question: I read the instructions and how do we turn the RAP auto to off...where is it and how do you do it??

If this is a redundant question I'm sorry but the thread is LOOONGGGG!!...LOL

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 06-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Banned

I got your Email and sent one back. Our email server seemed to having some issues last night so let me know if you didn't get it. I must confess, I am totally stumped on this one. A couple of other people have had some minor issues but they have all been easily resolved. This one is just strange. The only thing I can think of is to send you a new one and have you send me yours back. That way I can test it and find out what its doing and why! The timeing is all software related, and all the chips have the same software, so I can't think of any reason why its doing that. If you hit the 'UNLOCK' button twice quickly do both of your doors unlock and stay unlocked, or do they quickly lock back? We had an issue with a bad diode on one unit, and it may be the case with yours. I am returning home this friday after a three week long business trip and I will send you a new one then.

Please keep us all updated!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

Old 06-14-2004, 02:50 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

aight who else is having the doide problem? where you push the unlock button twice in a row and then it locks right back up.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory

Old 06-17-2004, 10:22 AM

I'm just wondering if you plan on adding anymore features to this module. I want to purchase it, but an curious to know if any other features are going to be combined into this module in the near future. Thanks.

Old 06-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Banned

There is a plan to add some programability to the module, mostly just how long the output stays on for. We are also planning on adding an unlocking routine, and a window lowering routine.

These features are actually going to be implemented to add versatility to the module so we can market it towards more makes/models of cars. They will not improve the way the system works with the G35, and the unlock feature will never work right with any vehicle that has retained accessory power and molex door plugs.

These updates are at the very bottom of our list of things to do right now, as the window module works perfect in my car, and in many others (besides the bad diodes that seem to be occasionally popping up). The main reason is because we have ordered a fairly large quantity of boards for the current design. The new design will require two more I/O lines, and our current setup only offers 1. So, we will have to convert over to a larger base chip that has more I/O. Like I said, its going to take a while!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?