Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2004 | 12:51 AM
Re: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?

oh wow. i thought it would be like 10 bucks or something. havent been on this thread for awhile.

G35s6mt/TSecu/350Z Springs&Struts/K&Nfilter+Z-tube/StillenDualExhaust /6WireGroundKit/KinetixHighFlow

Old 05-24-2004 | 01:01 AM
Banned

Yeah the price did rise quite a bit from original estimates. But, $10 is extremely low. That won't even cover the costs of the components the circuit uses, let alone the price of the custom made circuit boards, plastic enclosures, wire, heat shrink, paper, and ink, (for the included instructions) labor, and still a little profit to keep us motivated. Please keem in mind that this is a microcontroller based product. That means that there is an actual CPU that operates at 1Mhz on the board that has had a custom written program downloaded to it. The software alone took about 2 weeks to write and then about another 20 hours to get all the bugs out of!

Kevin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe
Windows up with OEM Remote
RE Short Shifter // Z Tube

Old 05-24-2004 | 08:12 AM

I have seen these units in action, and they are worth it.

The prototype unit i saw worked flawlessly. Good job on this Kevin & thanks for all your hard work.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

Old 05-24-2004 | 09:42 AM

ordered the vdc remembered module yesterday....

will post up when i get it installed (hope its simple, as i am not comfortable with electronics!!)

-eS

Old 05-24-2004 | 09:45 AM
FGC President

eS: install on the vdc is very easy. if you need help, PM me when you get it and we can meet up and put it in. should take about 10mins, once the solider iron heats up. on another note, hows that vortec install goin?

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SFLG35 on 05/24/04 06:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 05-24-2004 | 09:50 AM

willdo daniel......

thanks

sms

Old 05-24-2004 | 10:24 AM

Arrggg.... the evil security filters on my work internet access aren't allowing your page to appear. Must be too much client-side script. Will have to wait until this evening...

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 05-24-2004 | 11:35 AM
Banned

hehe I told you Dan checks the boards a lot and is very willing to help!!!

He's the man!

And yes, there is quite a bit of scripting, between PHP and actionscript. IMO the site looks really good (I can say that because I had almost nothing to do with making it)

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net

Old 05-24-2004 | 05:31 PM

it does look very sharp....except you are missing an "o" in "technologies" in the corner of the gray box.

Just had to let you know.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

Old 05-24-2004 | 06:28 PM
Banned

Hey, I just said the site looked good, I never, ever, stated that we could spell or even read that well. Thanks for the good eye, it will be fixed as soon as I can get a hold of my brother.

Thanks,

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net

Old 05-24-2004 | 06:49 PM

I didn't know we were scoring spelling errors! This could be lots of fun. How about this one on the Products page under the note for the Combo Pack?: "...recieve FREE shipping."

Now, do I get a spelling error discount?

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 05-24-2004 | 08:11 PM
Banned

Yes we are keeping score, each point adds $5 to your handling charges!!!!! You guys are good, man, you guys are REALLY good! Luckily the installation instructions were made in Word so I had spell check!!!!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net

Old 05-24-2004 | 08:13 PM
Banned

Oh, also, Noremac congrats on post number 400 for this thread. Kinda funny that Sniper4x4 started the thread and he hasn't bought one yet... all this work for nothing I guess!

Do you guys really think it is getting too long?????

I do plan to start a new one soon, when we have an inventory built up. Too high of a demand right now would kill us!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net

Old 05-24-2004 | 08:40 PM

yes, that is really ironic...guess he just wasn't REALLY serious about wanting it.

I think a new thread would def make sales increase.

Old 05-24-2004 | 08:44 PM

Hey guys, how goes it? This is just a heads up to let you all know how my windows-up / door lock is working.

1. After sedan install, I took the car to Infiniti with all the keys to get a remote-start key made. They locked all the keys in the car and made me a cost-free extra unlock-only key to get back in (said it was their error; one key was in the ignition).

2. Tried remote start on the OEM unlock button with three presses. Two presses started the windows up, then the car started and windows stopped moving. The third press also toggled off door-locks. Also the wife left her OEM keyfob with me and tried to get in with the valet key. She turned the key three times toward the front and started the car, and did she ever get a surprise. Another time she pressed the keyfob twice to make sure the doors were locked, and the car started.

3. We now have a seperate "Viper Valet" remote-start fob and everything works as advertised. When the car starts the doors lock and remain locked until they are opened by hand (OEM). Two presses of the lock-button make the windows go up (don't have to hold in the button). And when I take the vehicle in for service I turn the key to on and press the fob lock three times to disable automatic door locking (again to re-enable).

Ron.

04 Diamond Graphite Sedan - 5AT / sunroof /
Deep Cut Rubber Floor Mats (Chicago Winters) /
Windows-up (& Door-lock mod) w/OEM Remote

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How about window roll-up via OEM remote ?