NEW SPL PRO front compression rod bushings

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ considering the OEM bushing last a tiny fraction of forever, it might still be a good option (providing they last at least longer than OEM).

Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I had a chance to swing by SPL here in Austin last Friday to pick up a set of new endlinks. Talked to the owner for a while and he corrected me when I talked about the SPL parts lasting "forever". He was straight up and said all parts wear out, that the SPL would be superior in performance, and they "should" last longer than OEM.

The best news of the day was he gave me a free upgrade kit for my V2 camber arms that utilizes V3 pieces. The revised pieces are much beefier as you can see in these pictures. Basically I got new everything except for the arms themselves and the spacers for camber adjustment. He said they were offering the free upgrade to anyone that currently has the V2.

I love living in this town.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I own a Z32 and I wish SPL would put on rubber boots over those rod ends like these powertrix front camber arms for the Z32:

Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FREE V3 parts??? Nice! They look much better than the V2 ones. Wish to get my hand on some in the future, but I like my negative camber. What's wrong with the V2 parts?

Those boots that go over the rod ends begin as a very good idea. But in practicality they are useless in protecting the parts they are intended to protect. Whiteline and Cusco parts have those boots. Dirt and water would get inside them and you can't wash them out.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:00 PM

He mentioned that they had a few complaints of noise (clunking/popping) so they redesigned the parts to eliminate that. Since they all fit on the V2 arms, I can't imagine the V3 are much different.

I did have a pop that I thought was something else disappear today when I installed the new parts. The endlinks also are a nice upgrade over stock, steering feels a little crisper.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
He mentioned that they had a few complaints of noise (clunking/popping) so they redesigned the parts to eliminate that. Since they all fit on the V2 arms, I can't imagine the V3 are much different.

I did have a pop that I thought was something else disappear today when I installed the new parts. The endlinks also are a nice upgrade over stock, steering feels a little crisper.
nice update/news!

I had the clunk a while back and had a bit of trouble isolating it... finally determined it was the joint (cone/heim) that you reference - I was afraid the cone was untrue and wouldnt seat problem... at the time I didnt know anyone else had the problem - a few drops of lithium grease and it went away (at least for know/since then)...

How do we get the upgrade? Just call?...

Old 02-21-2011, 06:39 AM

He didn't specify, but based on what he told me I believe SPL is offering this free to all current V2 owners. I'd call or shoot them an e-mail to see how they are doing it for everyone else, especially for those of you who are out of town.

Great service is dying in today's society, so it always makes me smile when I run across something like this. Makes me want to spend more money with them even though their products are not cheap.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
^^^ thanks - I'll give 'em a call... I've dealt with Kuha (sp?) in the past, yes you're right great cust svc!

Old 03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
UPDATE. The SPL bushings on my car started making noise even though I kept them properly lubricated with teflon. Therefore, I cant advocate their use on a street car and only for a track purpose car. I'm very disappointed given the price I paid for them. I'm sure the noise could have easily been prevented if the bushings had a rubber sleeve to prevent dirt/liquids from getting in.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Do not spray lubricate the bushings with liquid Teflon. That will only attract dirt to accelerate wear. Only wash with water. Like I have stressed, the spl bushings are a bad solution for ling term creaking noise elimination.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
It doesn't matter. It should have a rubber booth over the bushing. Energy Suspension now makes compression rod bushings. So I would get that and put in Nismo bushings for the rest of the stuff. https://g35driver.com/forums/suspens...-bushings.html

Old 03-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks for the update Andrei. That sucks your spl bushings are starting to make noise. I've been trying to find a pair their compression rod bushings for 2 weeks, but they are on backorder till sometime in April.

I'm going to get the Energy suspension kit and see how it holds up. I'm a bit leary of the poly bushings, because there known to squeek and probally will need to be greased often. Whiteline is also supposed to be releasing thier compression rod bushings soon too.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:40 PM
I just bought the WHITELINE front bushing kit (Shock to Control Arm Outer and Lower Control Arm Inner). Any shops in Miami/Ft Lauderdale where I can take my G. to replace them?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by luisangel72
I just bought the WHITELINE front bushing kit (Shock to Control Arm Outer and Lower Control Arm Inner). Any shops in Miami/Ft Lauderdale where I can take my G. to replace them?
you've posted in every thread other than the one that matters... 5 posts total and three of them is the same post in three different threads

Post in your regional section - that's where you will get the best suggestion... all the other threads you posted in have people from all over the country - we don't know where in FL to get your install.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
you've posted in every thread other than the one that matters... 5 posts total and three of them is the same post in three different threads

Post in your regional section - that's where you will get the best suggestion... all the other threads you posted in have people from all over the country - we don't know where in FL to get your install.
Hi,
That's true: I posted the message in three different threads that refers to the replacement of front bushing. If you know a good shop, just post the name or phone number, I will really appreciate it. I don't think it's a crime just to ask.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: NEW SPL PRO front compression rod bushings