NEW SPL PRO front compression rod bushings

Old 04-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo5s
+1 to this, I will be contacting SPL in hopes of a revised bearing. I had installed the lower arm bearings in my girlfriends g35 about a year ago and it sounds like it has loosened up. Started making little 'crick' noises, now has gone to tapping noises. I never lubricated them, it is a daily driver. I can't imagine what the car would sound like with all solid bushings after they are worn! When new, they are fine, no noise and the slightest amount of increase in vibration (braking) that I could notice. I was happy when new, but now the car sounds like junk. Still drives fine if you can stand the frequent tapping noises.
same here. i installed em on my 350z.
My crazy clunking noise sounds like something is loosened up. SPL, come up with solution fast please

Old 04-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whoisthis
same here. i installed em on my 350z.
My crazy clunking noise sounds like something is loosened up. SPL, come up with solution fast please
Well, it may not be SPL's problem. Check ball joint side of compression rod

Old 04-23-2011, 09:38 AM
can you show me in pic? I don't see any ball joints next to rod.
SPL sucks at replying emails. They rarely reply

Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
the another end of compression rod is a ball joint. if it has play, you will get very bad clunk noise.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:52 PM
looks like the noise is from dried surface of the ball joint. SPL has come up with O rings that should provide soft stop toward the ends of the rotation of the arm up n down

Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 PM
here is pic

Attached Thumbnails NEW SPL PRO front compression rod bushings-compression_rod.jpg  
Old 04-27-2011, 01:26 AM
the ball joints on the compression rods RARELY go bad. It only moves up and down with extremely little deflection. If you have solid or urethane bushings on your other suspension arms, then that's even less movements on the compression rod ball joints.

I would suspect that the sound is either related to the wear of the compression bushings or other components. The ball joints on the compression rods rarely go bad.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:15 PM
i retightened the ball joint after removing it to check that they are centered.
SPL sent me the O-rings that should dampen the sound

Old 06-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Is there a DIY somewhere on here on how to install these and LCA bushings?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Love having legit auto repair places that are semi close by. Temple city auto is willing to do LCA and compression rod bushings for $160 haha. $80 per side. So glad I didn't spend the money to get the craftsman sockets. Spent like $65 on a press from Harbor Freight but that's about it.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
I had these installed at ZCG about 3 weeks ago, and it is driving me crazy,

When ever I hit a bump the car chips, Now over 90 mph i feel a lot more vibrations in the car,( since day 1)

also when I brake from about 5-0mph i hear more noise, almost sounds like the under tray is being smashed.( I checked under the car everything is fine. I also have some new creaking sounds when going in and out of driveways.

I cant find out what the combined consensus here, I read some of you guys say it needs to be lubed? or it doesnt?

I have no idea but I am going insane. Dont get me wrong these things fell so much better than stock, but being that I drive people in my car with no music, I hear it all the time and I cant handle it.

if anyone else has this same problem or any ideas, let me know.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by boostedforlife
I had these installed at ZCG about 3 weeks ago, and it is driving me crazy,

When ever I hit a bump the car chips, Now over 90 mph i feel a lot more vibrations in the car,( since day 1)

also when I brake from about 5-0mph i hear more noise, almost sounds like the under tray is being smashed.( I checked under the car everything is fine. I also have some new creaking sounds when going in and out of driveways.

I cant find out what the combined consensus here, I read some of you guys say it needs to be lubed? or it doesnt?

I have no idea but I am going insane. Dont get me wrong these things fell so much better than stock, but being that I drive people in my car with no music, I hear it all the time and I cant handle it.

if anyone else has this same problem or any ideas, let me know.

I just got them installed today, but I noticed that you feel alot more when going over small cracks and etc. Like it's definitely more harsh, but that might just be because I need to break them in first.

I didn't get that noise that you get from braking though.

I need to drive it a bit more to tell, but so far it feels a ton better than my stock bushings. Try to get some teflon lube and lube up the bushings. That SHOULD help. Think i'll probably end up doing the same. Just gotta order some.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
bushing knocling noise

Hi there!!!! I have a 2004 g35 with this embarrasing noise, sombody knows where to order a good unexpensive set for my front suspension?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by luigiking
Hi there!!!! I have a 2004 g35 with this embarrasing noise, sombody knows where to order a good unexpensive set for my front suspension?

The price for those full metal SPL bushings don't vary very much. You gotta pay to play lol. Not unless you want to buy some oem or rubber replacements. Just read through more of the thread.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't think so.

I replaced both bushing, and it didn't fix the problem. turn out both ball joints went bad.

Originally Posted by tyau
the ball joints on the compression rods RARELY go bad. It only moves up and down with extremely little deflection. If you have solid or urethane bushings on your other suspension arms, then that's even less movements on the compression rod ball joints.

I would suspect that the sound is either related to the wear of the compression bushings or other components. The ball joints on the compression rods rarely go bad.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: NEW SPL PRO front compression rod bushings