Pirates coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I got mine in 2 weeks. I acutally think i was the first warranty claim, i saw fluid leaking from my passenger rear coilover. When i removed the coilover i pushed down on the top pillow mount yellow fluid started to rush out where the metal rod meets the shock body. I later emailed racingfirst and he emailed me back "shipping is expensive, if you take it to a shop and get the coilover rebuilt we will reimburse you the money via paypal." As of now i have done nothing for the past 2 months they have been sitting taking up dust. Remember i only had these installed for 2 months and were installed by a professorial mechanic so there were no installation errors. If i have time later i will show pictures

racingfirst,您好!

Hello I noticed today I have fluid coming out of the bottom of the shock and it is very easy for me to push down. Is there any time of warrantry work or replacement I can get for 1 coilover?

- hellriser190

Hello sir, i am really sorry to hear that, yes, we have warranty of it . Since the shipping is really expensive, can you pls fix it up by your self? can you do that? i can refund you the fix money.

- racingfirst

To: racingfirst
Subject: 關於: 有關物品的細節: hellriser190 就 Nissan 350Z COILOVER/ Infiniti G35 adjustable coilovers,編號為110683894762 的物品寄出訊息
Sent Date: 2011-09-04 05小時44分14秒

Last edited by Illuminati; 11-03-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:46 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by czarlos
Update,

Removed the rears, noticed one of the pillowball mounts was super loose to the point where I could hand tighten the nut on top. And the other had a small amount of shock fluid pooled on the strut.

For the mean time I threw on my OEM rears and noise is pretty much non-existant.
I mentioned this in the beginning of this thread.. I had to put locktite on my pillow ball mount nut so that it'd stop backing out.. This (nut loosening) will continue to happen till you do that regardless of how many sets you get.. It also happens on other brands as well though, it's not just limited to Pirate..

Originally Posted by Illuminati
I got mine in 2 weeks. I acutally think i was the first warranty claim, i saw fluid leaking from my passenger rear coilover. When i removed the coilover i pushed down on the top pillow mount yellow fluid started to rush out where the metal rod meets the shock body. I later emailed racingfirst and he emailed me back "shipping is expensive, if you take it to a shop and get the coilover rebuilt we will reimburse you the money via paypal." As of now i have done nothing for the past 2 months they have been sitting taking up dust. Remember i only had these installed for 2 months and were installed by a professorial mechanic so there were no installation errors. If i have time later i will show pictures
mentioned this too... I know of 3 people locally (myself included) that had a rear (all 3 of ours were the driver side though) shock explode on us... The red ones (first gen) were notorious for leaky seals.. That's why there is a differentiation in color to the newer (final gen) Gold/yellow ones.. I don't know what vendor you guys are getting them from, but they seem to have bought the oversupply of all the red shafted ones.. That might be another reason they're able to offload them for 200 less and still make a profit.. I'm just saying..

Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twalls
I mentioned this in the beginning of this thread.. I had to put locktite on my pillow ball mount nut so that it'd stop backing out.. This (nut loosening) will continue to happen till you do that regardless of how many sets you get.. It also happens on other brands as well though, it's not just limited to Pirate..
I know I read the entire thread and must have skipped over that, noted now. I'll try to pick some up today

Old 11-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Originally Posted by Illuminati

Old 11-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys,

I haven't been on here in awhile. I also had my rear strut blow on me. Emailed racingfirst and he sent me a replacement (i had to pay for shipping)...Still fighting the "metal on metal" sound but i haven't tried all of the solutions yet. I received my new strut and it is red in color as the original set....i hope it won't blow on me again...I'll keep everyone posted as I'll be tackling this job tomorrow again.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Looking into these. Contacted racingfirst and he said he just ran out of stock. He's gonna get more end of this month.

Any one regret getting these and not something else?

^ Also how did you know your rears were blown.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HenryLee
Looking into these. Contacted racingfirst and he said he just ran out of stock. He's gonna get more end of this month.

Any one regret getting these and not something else?

^ Also how did you know your rears were blown.
I was getting ready for winter and raising the car up. It had oil all over the shock

Old 11-12-2011, 06:38 AM
For the people who installed the rears as true Coils how did you install them?
Did you gets replace the bucket arm w/ rear toe arms? Or can you use the bucket arm w/o notthing in there?

Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 AM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
could get some more adjustment with toe arms but the bucket is left empty

Old 11-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
yeap bucket empty..dont regret getting these coilovers...im actually glad i went with these over a $1000 set of coilovers..if i had the money i wouldve went with Stance GR+ but couldnt and im happy with these..even got my buddy to get a set

Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 AM
^ Nice! Looks sick.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JaE35
Dont be mad brah

Originally Posted by lox1985
I was getting ready for winter and raising the car up. It had oil all over the shock
I had the same exact issue to the T. To say the least other then my shock leaking oil and the metal to metal sound that was happening i didnt have anyother issues. I knew i was taking a gamble buying these coilovers and im always up for trying new things and saving a little money also. I was happy with the ride and you can go pretty low with the spring in the spring bucket. BTW just so everyone knows you have a 1 year warranty thru racingfirst to make claims if you have any issues. Im just not sure why he wouldnt replace my 1 coilover he wanted me to repair it myself and he would paypal me the money back which was weird in my book. No buyers remorse here tho

Old 11-14-2011, 10:34 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
yeah.. Empty bucket for me as well..

Old 11-14-2011, 10:39 AM
^ Twall any leaking or sounds for you?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Do true set up coils ride nicer than an OEM style coils, like my BC racing?
Twalls, I remember you giving me a ride with these and i thought they rode nicer than my bc. You have them in the true set up, correct?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pirates coilovers