The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Everyone: Check Your Oil!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by lilbayray
Just got jerked around. Went up to Pearson in Richmond for of test and was told it wouldn't do any good for the test being that the cars only come with a 4 year or 60000 mile warrenty or which ever comes first. car is an 05 with now 54000 miles. Says warrenty lapts in 09.
Show them this (from 2005 warranty book):

Everyone: Check Your Oil!-2005-g35-warranty.jpg

That dealer is on Crack.

G/L

Old 12-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinks for the info skyline and nice to meet you . May try to have it done somewhere else here soon.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Just got home from picking up my car. The only things that Ive noticed so far is that my engine revs lower in all gears, my drivers side exhaust tip is sticking out further than the pass side, and my 5th gear is messed up, it wants to go beyond 5th like there is another gear above Reverse. Left a message with the dealer on the way home so Im expecting a call tomorrow.

Heres my old block... a lot more sludge and buildup than i expected.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:25 PM
everything
And just so you guys know.... I didnt pay a single penny..... everything was free and never got charged for ANYTHING. Parts, labor, rental.... nothing, it was all FREE

So if youre being charged or denied anything, GO TO A DIFFERENT DEALERSHIP!!!

Old 12-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
What's up with your transmission?

Old 12-24-2010, 07:09 PM
BTW, is there a particular month of manufacture that these cars seem to be from??
I'm looking at a G35 6MT sedan and want to avoid this heartache.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:57 PM
everything
Originally Posted by VQdriver
What's up with your transmission?
Not sure what they did but you know when you shift into 5th gear its just slides up from 4th right into 5th... Well now its like theres an extra gear spot next to 5th, like above Reverse. Obviously theres not a gear there but a spot, so when I push up and the right, it wants to go into the empty spot and not grab a gear.

And when you shift into Reverse you have to push the shift **** down.... I dont have to do that, I could be driving in 5th and it would go right into Reverse if I missed 6th. So they definitely messed something up. The service manager left me a voice mail on Friday but Im calling them back tomorrow.

The drivers side exhaust tip also hangs a lot lower than when I brought the car in like they hung the exhaust wrong.

The ease of the OC replacement was great but their service dept quality of work is sub par if you ask me. They also left all kinds of marring/scratches on the front fenders from leaning over the engine bay when putting the motor back in... not too pleased with that either. I can buff it out but it shouldnt have happened in the first place.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by lilbayray
Just got jerked around. Went up to Pearson in Richmond for of test and was told it wouldn't do any good for the test being that the cars only come with a 4 year or 60000 mile warrenty or which ever comes first. car is an 05 with now 54000 miles. Says warrenty lapts in 09.
Go back. The power-train warranty is 6 years or 70k miles. Power-train covers anything that makes the vehicle move.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:06 AM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Not sure what they did but you know when you shift into 5th gear its just slides up from 4th right into 5th... Well now its like theres an extra gear spot next to 5th, like above Reverse. Obviously theres not a gear there but a spot, so when I push up and the right, it wants to go into the empty spot and not grab a gear.

And when you shift into Reverse you have to push the shift **** down.... I dont have to do that, I could be driving in 5th and it would go right into Reverse if I missed 6th. So they definitely messed something up. The service manager left me a voice mail on Friday but Im calling them back tomorrow.

The drivers side exhaust tip also hangs a lot lower than when I brought the car in like they hung the exhaust wrong.

The ease of the OC replacement was great but their service dept quality of work is sub par if you ask me. They also left all kinds of marring/scratches on the front fenders from leaning over the engine bay when putting the motor back in... not too pleased with that either. I can buff it out but it shouldnt have happened in the first place.
Sounds like all they need to do is adjust the shift plate that's under the shift boot. I had to do that for 5th/6th/reverse when I installed my short-shifter. Easy adjustment/fix.

Exhaust: Sounds like they missed a rubber hanger. Definitely not rocket science re-hanging exhaust correctly.

Scratches on fender: Mention/show that when back to fix shifter and exhaust. Sounds like they owe you a detail buffing job or compensation of some sort imo.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:52 PM
everything
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Sounds like all they need to do is adjust the shift plate that's under the shift boot. I had to do that for 5th/6th/reverse when I installed my short-shifter. Easy adjustment/fix.

Exhaust: Sounds like they missed a rubber hanger. Definitely not rocket science re-hanging exhaust correctly.

Scratches on fender: Mention/show that when back to fix shifter and exhaust. Sounds like they owe you a detail buffing job or compensation of some sort imo.
Ya I could fix all those myself but why should it, right? Car went to the dealer in above pristine condition and wasnt returned to me in the same condition. Going back to have them fix it in April when I take the car out of the garage for spring.

Exactly why I dont like other people touching/working on my vehicles.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:27 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Ya I could fix all those myself but why should it, right? Car went to the dealer in above pristine condition and wasnt returned to me in the same condition. Going back to have them fix it in April when I take the car out of the garage for spring.

Exactly why I dont like other people touching/working on my vehicles.
I agree 1000%.

I feel your pain there bro. Stories of my own with dealer damage of past...more than once = morons

Hope they get it all fixed....umm...correctly when you return.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:08 PM
You guys are so right! If I had to bring my car in, and hope to God I never have to, I would walk the service Mgr around the car and tell him to mark down on the repair order that the car is mint. When you do this you can nail the bastard on any marks etc!!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I dont have enough time to read all 105 pages but have one question that I could not answer myself from the first couple of pages I read. My car makes a rattling noise on startup somtimes that I thought might have something to do with the clutch and it being cold. I dont recall it making the noise as long as it is warm. The noise described earlier in this thread, is it constant or does it just happen on start up? I took my car to the dealership a few months ago and asked about the noise and they said that it is nothing wrong and it makes the noise sometimes during startup.....

Old 01-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Today I wanted to just checked the oil level myself from the dipstick to see how the oil is doing.

My car is 2005 6MT Rev-Up Engine.

-The first time I went back after the OC test they said my car was completely fine and told me to drive another 2000km.

-So now I have driven another roughly 1600km (4107km from the oil change they did for the OC test) and checked the dipstick. My dipstick reads just roughly below the halfway mark around 20-21mm below the "H". I follow the TSB and it looks like I am in the "NO GOOD" zone.

Do you guys think my engine is consuming oil pretty bad? Does my engine need replacement?

But I live in Canada, and the TSB that I used (the one from the forum) is from the states, so is it different or the same?

Old 02-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by infinitlyfast
You guys are so right! If I had to bring my car in, and hope to God I never have to, I would walk the service Mgr around the car and tell him to mark down on the repair order that the car is mint. When you do this you can nail the bastard on any marks etc!!
The customer every dealership hates hahaha

Originally Posted by izzueeek
Today I wanted to just checked the oil level myself from the dipstick to see how the oil is doing.

My car is 2005 6MT Rev-Up Engine.

-The first time I went back after the OC test they said my car was completely fine and told me to drive another 2000km.

-So now I have driven another roughly 1600km (4107km from the oil change they did for the OC test) and checked the dipstick. My dipstick reads just roughly below the halfway mark around 20-21mm below the "H". I follow the TSB and it looks like I am in the "NO GOOD" zone.

Do you guys think my engine is consuming oil pretty bad? Does my engine need replacement?

But I live in Canada, and the TSB that I used (the one from the forum) is from the states, so is it different or the same?
The TSB i believe says if the oil level drops 10mm or more after 1k miles = new motor.
These motors have a history of oil consumption, simple solution, periodically check your oil level and add when needed. Why doesn't anyone check their oil and more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Quick Reply: Everyone: Check Your Oil!