The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Everyone: Check Your Oil!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:09 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dec55
:lol I just checked my oil level....*whew*.....it is still normal....

I have a 06/AT......btw. Still I think the folks who have oil problems should
really make Infiniti look a this on a public level....

1. Get a world wide study on how many cars are effected...

2. Replace or fix the engines to the satisfaction of the customers.....

3. Promote to the hilt that they fixed the problem and get surveys
of the customers who have had their cars fixed.

If they do this within a year or so....they will have millions of customers
that will be hooked on their car company for life...... what ever millions
they spend to fix the problem, they will get 10 millions more dollars for the honesty and care for their customers.....this is the only way to run a good business.
This is what Lexus did and look at their growth from the 90's....

Old 11-06-2006, 06:11 PM
workin...

just want to confirm no 5AT's have seen this problem ?

Old 11-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Yeah, some have reported having this problem, but nothing like the 6mt's in comparison. And it seems to be mostly 05-06 mt's.
Here's a recent poll done on this issue and who owns what and what year.
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/120735-poll-oil-consumption.html
Originally Posted by absolutg
just want to confirm no 5AT's have seen this problem ?

Old 11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i finally went to check my oil today and my oil level was at L.. i dump 4.5 quarts of mobil1 synthetic with nissan oil filter about 1500 miles ago
its a 06 mt with 7.5k

Old 11-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Excessive Oil Burning

I have the same problem as many of you above. I just purchased a new 2006 6MT with only 50 miles on it. After breaking in the engine and preparing to take it in for an oil change at 2,800 miles, the car began running a bit rough, and on the way to the oil change location, my SES light came on and the oil pressure light would blink for a quick second when I would push in the clutch. Since then, my car seems to be burning oil at a quick rate, and my dealership tries to claim that this burning of oil is perfectly normal during the first few months of driving. I am pursuing this issue vigerously, and hope to have an update soon.

In the meantime, I wouldn't recommend that anyone purchase their Infiniti from Infiniti of Fairfield, CA. The service has been sub-par at best, and my confidence in the dealership is non-existant at this point.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Burning a little bit of oil when breaking the car in is definitely normal. But if you are burning over 1 quart every thousand miles, that's NOT normal whether you are breaking it in or not.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:54 PM
hexxum.. what happen with you and the dealership? i remember you had this problem but i don't feel like going through the pages..

Old 11-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Lexus IS350
The wait to get my car back is killing me....

Best of luck to you all. Dont accept no for an answer. Hell, if you need to, drive down to Carlsbad and take the car to that dealer. They're handling my car perfectly. Didnt even mention my mods except to compliment them

Old 11-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Wow Captain, sorry to hear about Infiniti of FF.
That's my Dealer and since April this year, they've been real good to me in the service dept. A+ treatment and workmanship.
I showed them my record I was keeping on oil consumption between last one and the one I was in for at that time and they had no problem noting that usage in their system per my request.
They did note driving habits can affect oil consumption (a little CYA there for them and Infiniti/Nissan ), which I disagree with, being they are VQ's out there in mt's with no oil consumption issues no matter how they're driven.
All I can suggest is, be nice, be cool, but be politely persistent and be well educated on the subject when you talk to them and they'll be cool with you.
G/L
Originally Posted by CaptainKrinkle
I have the same problem as many of you above. I just purchased a new 2006 6MT with only 50 miles on it. After breaking in the engine and preparing to take it in for an oil change at 2,800 miles, the car began running a bit rough, and on the way to the oil change location, my SES light came on and the oil pressure light would blink for a quick second when I would push in the clutch. Since then, my car seems to be burning oil at a quick rate, and my dealership tries to claim that this burning of oil is perfectly normal during the first few months of driving. I am pursuing this issue vigerously, and hope to have an update soon.

In the meantime, I wouldn't recommend that anyone purchase their Infiniti from Infiniti of Fairfield, CA. The service has been sub-par at best, and my confidence in the dealership is non-existant at this point.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by IP G
hexxum.. what happen with you and the dealership? i remember you had this problem but i don't feel like going through the pages..
My 06 6MT is burning a lot of oil. I had to put in 4 quarts before my first oil change. Anyways, the dealer is doing an oil consumption test. Hopefully I will be getting a new engine soon too.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
^^ yea seems like mine is burning a lot of oil too.. 1500 miles after oil change and its down to the L mark.. keep us updated with the test.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:34 AM
I just checked my oil after work. At about 980 miles, my oil is down to the L. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:20 AM
Lexus IS350
Call em and tell em your bringing the car in as soon as you can regardless of their availability and that you'll need a loaner car. Take control of the situation and be firm but most importantly, be polite. Best of luck Hector. Let us know

Old 11-08-2006, 11:38 AM
I've posted this under "Poll: Oil Consumption", but just reposting here to make sure everyone reads it.

I've read so much about this OIL CONSUMPTION problem and everyone asking what year and what transmission are their cars, but what I really want to know is a breakdown of out of all of you seeing this problem, how do you drive your car?

1. Do you warm up the engine before driving? (~1K RPM before driving).
2. Did you baby the vehicle or drive it hard during 1st 20 miles?
3. Did you baby the vehicle or drive it hard after the 1st 20 miles?

The reason why I ask is that I've read that by driving the car hard in the 1st 20 miles, it would help seat the piston rings properly to prevent future oil leaks. Maybe someone should start a poll on this? I can do it if you guys think this will help.

I only have 440 miles on my car. Got the car at 50 miles, drove it hard, and had dealer change my oil at 100 miles. I don't know if my car has this problem, but it sounds like a potentially major problem!

Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
So I spoke with the QC guy at Glendale and my car is gong back to the dealer on Saturday. I am right at the L mark at 1000 miles. They better not tell me that this is acceptable oil consumption. That is just too much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Quick Reply: Everyone: Check Your Oil!