The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
I need to start a thread on my re upholstery project and upload some pics, but my progress has been slow due to my learning curve and available time at my machine.

Been driving drift-mom's garage queen M45 around because she says it's making a noise that the dealer can't replicate. Went to the beach and parked on asphalt for a few hours. Hopped back in the car - which is untinted with black (p)leather and might have some first degree burns....but YAY for seat coolers!

This experience, and the hot/cold booty, got me thinking....since I've already got the part about pulling apart my seat out of the way, why not try to reverse engineer or repurpose some seat cooling properties from another car? They certainly will be more handy in FL than heated seats, which I have really only used to carry a pizza home in the passenger seat.

Gonna keep an eye at the bone yard for any 'cool' seats that I can work from.

In today's sarcastic news, I worked a hard day's labor to install some barely used oe all weather mats. So glad I didn't eff that install up because I love love love them.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by NSROYA
Hi everyone, new to the group but not new to ownership, I’ve owned my 2004 Infiniti g35 got about 12 years now and driven her 165,000miles and counting. The G has always been a special car to me. It was my first car and it’s taken me through college, countless road trips all across the United States.

The G has spent most of its live in California until 2 years ago, when I got a job in the east coast and drove 2400 miles to start a new chapter. Even since my G has been thru 2 winters of daily driving. It currently sits at 16500 miles and runs strong.

Despite its age and high mileage, there’s just something about this G that has me looking back at her every single time I park and walk away. It’s has taken years and different set ups to finally achieve this simple clean look I’ve always desired.

Being a avid car lover and detailer by passion, it’s needles to say the G has always been kept in prestine (to my standards) condition. It has never seen a machine wash. Weekly hand washed by me/ touchless in the winter.

So, here’s what I did to my G recently;

I had the G fully detailed and ceramic coated.I took my time to properly correct the paint followed by 3 coats of cquartz 3.0. Brand new tires all round, brand new R1 concepts rotors and pads all round, new rear bearings(left and right), replaced front right knuckle, replaced tie rods, replaced drive belts.

Car should be good for another 100,000 miles. Please enjoy the pictures of my G35!

D.C
Wow really rare to see a nice G now a days especially in the northeast! Keep it clean!

Old 05-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TokkioDrift
I need to start a thread on my re upholstery project and upload some pics, but my progress has been slow due to my learning curve and available time at my machine.

Been driving drift-mom's garage queen M45 around because she says it's making a noise that the dealer can't replicate. Went to the beach and parked on asphalt for a few hours. Hopped back in the car - which is untinted with black (p)leather and might have some first degree burns....but YAY for seat coolers!

This experience, and the hot/cold booty, got me thinking....since I've already got the part about pulling apart my seat out of the way, why not try to reverse engineer or repurpose some seat cooling properties from another car? They certainly will be more handy in FL than heated seats, which I have really only used to carry a pizza home in the passenger seat.

In today's sarcastic news, I worked a hard day's labor to install some barely used oe all weather mats. So glad I didn't eff that install up because I love love love them.
Dang I want some. My wal mart specials look like chit over winter!

Finally finished detailing the car... it cleans up well.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo494.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo846.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo935.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo394.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
NemesisGee (05-17-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
I'm right there with you on this. I too managed to score a used set (so rare now) and they are super fine.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:35 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Most folks are worried about someone breaking into their car to steal the stereo.

I'm worried they'll steal the OEM all season floor mats.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Hah! I worry about my non-bump JDM clear corners. I need to do the zip tie security treatment so I can get a little peace from the casual grabber. I know there's not much to stop someone that's determined.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:39 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Hah! I worry about my non-bump JDM clear corners. I need to do the zip tie security treatment so I can get a little peace from the casual grabber. I know there's not much to stop someone that's determined.
I drilled 2 small holes through my bumper and into the back of my corner lights. I put a short screw through it to hold it on.

cswlightning (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT

I've been kicking around the ventilated seat idea for years. I only got as far as looking up what parts might be needed from either an FX, M, or G37 convertible. I would love to have them in my G though. My Macan has them and they're pretty nice.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeG35Coupe
I've been kicking around the ventilated seat idea for years. I only got as far as looking up what parts might be needed from either an FX, M, or G37 convertible. I would love to have them in my G though. My Macan has them and they're pretty nice.
Issue I have with seat chillers is that it makes you feel like you are peeing.

You can pull the leather up and install your own though. People do it to make their own heated seats all the time.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
I drilled 2 small holes through my bumper and into the back of my corner lights. I put a short screw through it to hold it on.
Any issues with water infiltration? I'd hate to turn them into eBay clear corners....

Old 05-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Any issues with water infiltration? I'd hate to turn them into eBay clear corners....
Nope....the screws fill the holes up. The positioning also makes it pretty resistant to getting any water in there. I dont think u can get any water inside unless u fully submerged it. But at that point u would probably have some bigger issues lol.

cswlightning (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Ever since my OEM light got whacked off by debris falling off some shitbox I was cruising with I've been through 3 sets of $12 ebay marker lights because the stupid clips don't hold them in and they end off flying off at 100 MPH.... Never even thought of drilling into them, was about to go buy some expensive ones with actual manufacturing tolerances but maybe don't have to now!

Old 05-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by cswlightning
Ever since my OEM light got whacked off by debris falling off some shitbox I was cruising with I've been through 3 sets of $12 ebay marker lights because the stupid clips don't hold them in and they end off flying off at 100 MPH.... Never even thought of drilling into them, was about to go buy some expensive ones with actual manufacturing tolerances but maybe don't have to now!
Im still using my OEM amber corner lights but the clips wouldnt hold that tightly onto my aftermarket poly bumper, so it left a gap between. I just screwed em in and they sit perfect and flush now.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by cswlightning
I use cotter pins on the back of mine.

Old 05-10-2019, 09:43 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Bath time round 2, finally got all that maple syrup off my car.

The following 2 users liked this post by cleric670:
NemesisGee (05-17-2019), Scorpi0 (05-11-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?