The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:30 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Looks like the bumper itself is a darker shade of silver than the car, and the touchup paint is correct?

Just image dumping some "professional" shots from this weekend's event. This guy made my car look good somehow, although really needs to be lowered....

the starting grid

Old 05-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
Gotta love it when a 'make her shine' objective becomes mission critical. Yesterday I went to move the G a shady spot in the driveway so I could give it some suds/wax treatment and the VDC/Slip/MIL light came on.
Limp Mode. Reading codes P2122 / P2127 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor 1 and 2 voltage low.

We have been getting heavy afternoon thunderstorms and water was definitely making a puddle in the battery area. I vacuumed out a cup or so from the battery tray and cleared the stupid drain underneath the tray. Going to put drains in the tray while its out.
Checked for water or corrosion in the IPDM...didn't note any water intrusion or bad fuses, inspected what I could of the harness and it all looks good.
Put a damp-rid moisture collector in the battery area while I run the battery through a charge and conditioning cycle because its already out of car and was on my to-do list anyway. Am replacing neg/pos battery terminals this afternoon as they have both stretched a bit and I can wiggle them a bit with moderate effort at full lock and I happen to have an unused oe set on hand.
Going test the APP sensor when it cools down a little.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:51 PM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
^^^

I drilled a few holes in the lowest points in my battery tray. I also removed my IPDM and made sure the drain hole underneath was clear. I pushed that stupid rubber grommet thru as it can act as a barrier to collect debris. I just have a nice big hole in the metal. Giaranteed no water can collect in there anymore.

The following users liked this post:
TokkioDrift (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 09:58 AM
Thanks Scorpi0 for the pointer about the IPDM drain.

Ended up doing some 'moisture maintenance': cleared sunroof drains with trimmer line, checked under dash/carpet, trunk. Pulled the glove box and driver kick panels out and checked for any weird moisture around the ecm and same on bcm. Checked all of the FW passes....Put a damp rid in the cabin. Checked body grounds in dash and steering column while I had everything open and replaced cabin air filter.
Also added a little bit of sound deadening because I was in these weird places.

Work got in the way of testing the APP sensor yesterday and I'm mobile today so she's parked up until I can get back to it, hopefully tomorrow.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 G35 DE coupe
Originally Posted by TokkioDrift
Thanks Scorpi0 for the pointer about the IPDM drain.

Ended up doing some 'moisture maintenance': cleared sunroof drains with trimmer line, checked under dash/carpet, trunk. Pulled the glove box and driver kick panels out and checked for any weird moisture around the ecm and same on bcm. Checked all of the FW passes....Put a damp rid in the cabin. Checked body grounds in dash and steering column while I had everything open and replaced cabin air filter.
Also added a little bit of sound deadening because I was in these weird places.

Work got in the way of testing the APP sensor yesterday and I'm mobile today so she's parked up until I can get back to it, hopefully tomorrow.
Could you put up a photo of where you pushed the trimmer line into the sunroof drain holes? I need to do that to my sons and mine as a preventative measure. No problems yet thankfully...

Old 05-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by jparker7269
Could you put up a photo of where you pushed the trimmer line into the sunroof drain holes? I need to do that to my sons and mine as a preventative measure. No problems yet thankfully...
Can't get a pic today, but here is a sticky on the topic...there is basically one at each of the four corners of the sunroof tray.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...of-drains.html

For the front you have to remove the plastic piece that pops up when the sunroof is open to see the tiny inlets - you may have to clean your tray to see them, they are pretty small. The front drains follow the Pillars and exit behind the front tire. You should be able to see the flow of water exiting at a similar rate that it is going into the inlet. For the rear drains, I put some hot tap water in the tray (car was backed into a slope which helps) to locate the outlet behind the tire. Snaked up from the output Just go slow and if you hit a blockage try to gently tap or spin the wire, back it out and pour some more water to see if debris comes out. The first time I did it there was a lot of gunk that came out (the fronts were clogged), but since I cleared mine recently, there was nothing major, just a little leaf debris to poke out.

If you aren't seeing water come out of the drains, you might have a collapsed drain or a connector has come lose - either case you'll have to pull the headliner and trace the drain to find and fix the problem.

jparker7269 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
has anyone used the k&n cabin air filters? Any opinions?
they flow more air my ac is 30% cooooooler and my heat is 50% hotter.

cleric670 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by TokkioDrift
Can't get a pic today, but here is a sticky on the topic...there is basically one at each of the four corners of the sunroof tray.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...of-drains.html

For the front you have to remove the plastic piece that pops up when the sunroof is open to see the tiny inlets - you may have to clean your tray to see them, they are pretty small. The front drains follow the Pillars and exit behind the front tire. You should be able to see the flow of water exiting at a similar rate that it is going into the inlet. For the rear drains, I put some hot tap water in the tray (car was backed into a slope which helps) to locate the outlet behind the tire. Snaked up from the output Just go slow and if you hit a blockage try to gently tap or spin the wire, back it out and pour some more water to see if debris comes out. The first time I did it there was a lot of gunk that came out (the fronts were clogged), but since I cleared mine recently, there was nothing major, just a little leaf debris to poke out.

If you aren't seeing water come out of the drains, you might have a collapsed drain or a connector has come lose - either case you'll have to pull the headliner and trace the drain to find and fix the problem.
Thanks for sharing that. Do a write up with pics next time and we should sticky it! A growing problem with our older cars.

jparker7269 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
they flow more air my ac is 30% cooooooler and my heat is 50% hotter.
Use some piping to route the air into your intake. BAM!! Ultimate cold air intake!!

Old 05-21-2019, 04:18 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Took my coupe out of storage this weekend. On Sunday I added the Sirius tuner I picked up from Scumbagsleeper a month or so ago. Wasn't sure exactly how it mounted in the trunk, and wasn't able to find the dealer instructions anywhere, so just sort of bolted it to the Bose amp bracket.

I also bought a SiriusXM NGVA03 micro antenna and adapter (male SMB to female FAKRA type-K). I had read about others who mounted it inside on the rear deck, with the wire fed through the car seat anchor hole. However the SMB plug wouldn't fit through the hole, so up on the roof it went. It doesn't look too bad, but I may relocate it later.

Install was easy. It would have been easier to just check the box for either sat module when I ordered the car back in '03, but at the time I thought paying for radio was silly. I'm happy to have it now though, and I got the first three months free (so I'm not paying for it on two cars).

NemesisGee (05-24-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 04:27 PM
That Sirius box is gonna bounce and make some serious noise when u go over bumps. Use something to secure down the other side also.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:37 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
That Sirius box is gonna bounce and make some serious noise when u go over bumps. Use something to secure down the other side also.
There is an adhesive foam pad on the underside of the module, so it should be ok. If anyone still has the install instructions for the coupe I'd appreciate it. I was all over this site, FA, infiniti-techinfo.com, and the closest I could get were the instructions for an '06 sedan.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:21 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Use some piping to route the air into your intake. BAM!! Ultimate cold air intake!!
That's exactly what the Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye does, during the launch control sequence AC cooling is redirected to a cooling plate in the intake and when you launch it turns the AC off. Pretty awesome system.

Scorpi0 (05-22-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 06:36 PM
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts
after spending some cash, my faded wing and horribly painted bumper is now color match with rest of the car

fresh from paintshop last night

Last edited by Yinster; 05-22-2019 at 03:34 AM. Reason: add pics
The following 2 users liked this post by Yinster:
NemesisGee (05-24-2019), Scorpi0 (05-24-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
That's exactly what the Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye does, during the launch control sequence AC cooling is redirected to a cooling plate in the intake and when you launch it turns the AC off. Pretty awesome system.
Those BASTARDS!!! They stole my idea!!!

But Ive also always wondered if it would make any noticeable power increase if u dumped a bunch of dry ice into the intake box. I wish someone would dyno it with results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?