The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Old 06-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Received 179 Likes on 159 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Speed limit is a law. Pretty black and white. You got caught, circumstances or intent notwithstanding.

Your best option, if in a county where the courthouse is a club, is hire a local traffic offense attorney to plead it down with the DA to reduced speed over limit, or best outcome, an infraction. You'll pay fees and fines, but if lucky not three years of increased insurance premiums.

Where will you find such an attorney? Don't worry. If pleading is a thing there, your mailbox will soon fill with solicitations for service. If you don't get any, then it's not a thing there.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Received 807 Likes on 758 Posts
I learned to just not speed in residential zones. Just not worth it. GL with your current situation.

The following 2 users liked this post by Urbanengineer:
cswlightning (06-13-2019), jparker7269 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Received 96 Likes on 89 Posts
Thanks, definitely not one of my smarter moments but I'll definitely be more careful after this.... anyways, back to the G35s

Old 06-13-2019, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35X
Realized there is plastic under the chrome!!

Wow..never thought my OEM 2007 G35x Sedan wheels would have plastic between Chrome and Aluminum!
While sanding, the chrome came off easy, but the plastic just smeared omg! makes me want to take out blow tourch lol!!!!

Last edited by lightmeupper; 06-13-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:16 PM
BANNED!!!
Received 824 Likes on 757 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I just use my cruise control everywhere, including in town. Over my driving career I've had 3 different tickets for 100+ though and it's a freaking miracle that I have a clean driving record right now on my insurance (3 year history).

Whatever you do, don't tell a judge that it's just a "speeding tax". Earned myself an overnight stay one time for contempt. But in hindsight I was being a wretched little **** and probably deserved it.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:20 AM
Received 128 Likes on 121 Posts
Damn. Was leaving my in-laws house. I always park in the same spot. Always reverse and use the driveway to turn around when I leave for work. One of the neighbors decided to squeeze in and park behind me this time. I hopped in and totally forgot about the car behind me. Backed up into it...goin pretty slow thankfully. Got to work and just checked out my car. Cracked the lens on my aftermarket backup camera. Just ordered a new one haha.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:09 AM
Received 96 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I just use my cruise control everywhere, including in town. Over my driving career I've had 3 different tickets for 100+ though and it's a freaking miracle that I have a clean driving record right now on my insurance (3 year history).

Whatever you do, don't tell a judge that it's just a "speeding tax". Earned myself an overnight stay one time for contempt. But in hindsight I was being a wretched little **** and probably deserved it.
They deserve contempt. A bunch of asshats who don't know anything except studying a bunch of laws intentionally written to make it hard for an average person to understand, making a career out of pretending to know better than everyone else and using their authority to impose their judgement on others. They'll slap drivers with multi hundred dollar fees just for driving with traffic, and speeding drivers who are still "safe" like us get hit with quadruple digit fees because the limits are all set illogically low for revenue generation and cause for the cops to pull you over and search your ****.

Where does all that money go? Certainly not to anything that benefits the citizens in any way, we don't even get to have our roads fixed properly, let alone healthcare, education, etc.... But of course if you say that to their face they'll just flex their power on you and you'll be in even deeper trouble.

Our government has gotten so big and so bloated the only thing that will fix it is a hard reset with the 2nd amendment. If only...

/end rant, you can see why I try to avoid politics and mess around with cars

Last edited by cswlightning; 06-14-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:41 PM
Tried vinyl wrapping my roof. I stretch the material nice n tight and lay it down. It looks good n smooth until u touch it...these air bubbles magically appear out of nowhere. WTF!?!? Ive vinyl wrapped my bike before and never had this problem. It was so much easier. Maybe 3M vinyl sucks?? Ima try a different technique another day....gotta go to work.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Tried vinyl wrapping my roof. I stretch the material nice n tight and lay it down. It looks good n smooth until u touch it...these air bubbles magically appear out of nowhere. WTF!?!? Ive vinyl wrapped my bike before and never had this problem. It was so much easier. Maybe 3M vinyl sucks?? Ima try a different technique another day....gotta go to work.
Did you prep the paint with an alcohol wipe down!?

Old 06-20-2019, 08:46 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
04 6mt Coupe
I was having trouble with my roof because I was trying to somehow work the whole thing while laying it. Eventually I had better luck with the 'glass' technique. After the prep (a good wash, claybar, alcohol) you just lay the vinyl sheet making sure you and having enough material to cover, not worrying about stretching or being perfect - you're going to have wrinkles/bubbles, but the vinyl is still movable. Then use your squeegee (felted if your fancy) to lock a point towards the center of the roof and lift a corner and work in quadrants or triangles out from that locked point. I did the rear section first then worked the front, then funroof.

I got the best understanding of this technique randomly finding this pro but there are many videos out there about 'laying glass' -

Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Scorpi0 (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
I've been watching videos on it lately. Ive decided to just rattle can my bike haha. The vinyl takes wayyyy too much effort for my liking. For the car roof though, I would absolutely wrap that with some knife less tape.

Avery Supreme line seems to be some great wrap.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Did you prep the paint with an alcohol wipe down!?
Just wet sponge and windex. Then wiped it down real good though. Im gonna give it another shot tomorrow probably.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Received 103 Likes on 80 Posts
Installed my Brembo 8 piston bbk today.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:47 PM
^^^^

Thats a lot of pistons!!

Old 06-20-2019, 10:54 PM
Received 179 Likes on 159 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
^^^^

Thats a lot of pistons!!
Whoa!

(no really...lotta stop fast)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: