G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by effimero89
I really don't want to pay full price for this little piece. Color doesn't matter. Does anyone have one they want to get rid of?

This is what infiniti calls it: TOW BRKT COVER. TOW HOOK COVER.

Part Number: 622A0AC700
I have one in Lakeshore Slate B30. Let me poke around and see if I can put my hands on it.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:24 AM
Not having any luck so far on the tow hook cover search. Looked in all the likely places and no joy. I'll keep trying, but if you find another, grab it!

Old 11-25-2018, 02:36 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
stock G35 coupe
Quick question, I know the G's are COMMON for oil consumption, so I watched some vid's on youtube and looked at getting the Mishimoto catch can to see if it lessens the oil consumption any, would it be worth the money to buy it? (It basically is just catching oil that passes through the plenum, its not actually placing it back in to the oil circulation correct?) I knew of the oil consumption on the cars before reading anything online and i figured that since my car has over 200k on it that it was the piston rings worn and allowing blow by. I own a 2004 G35 coupe A/T btw. Thanks guys, i figure after reading on here that i will not start a new thread for most mechanical questions I may have as long as i spend HOURS searching for them on here searching for the answer first

Also, thought on the Injen - SP Series Cold Air Intake System ? I would prefer to get the NISMO intake system but i dont really want to spend $350+ on an intake system with the miles that is on the engine at this point, i really just want it to breathe better until i upgrade to another G35 with less miles in better shape, UNLESS i can justify the cost difference between buying another car and building it vs building the one I have now.... just looking for some solid input and intelligent opinions right now.

Last edited by Blue Dream; 11-25-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:41 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Originally Posted by effimero89
I really don't want to pay full price for this little piece. Color doesn't matter. Does anyone have one they want to get rid of?

This is what infiniti calls it: TOW BRKT COVER. TOW HOOK COVER.

Part Number: 622A0AC700
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Inf...YAAMXQskFRGqe4

Old 11-25-2018, 08:01 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by GraysG35
Quick question, I know the G's are COMMON for oil consumption, so I watched some vid's on youtube and looked at getting the Mishimoto catch can to see if it lessens the oil consumption any, would it be worth the money to buy it? (It basically is just catching oil that passes through the plenum, its not actually placing it back in to the oil circulation correct?) I knew of the oil consumption on the cars before reading anything online and i figured that since my car has over 200k on it that it was the piston rings worn and allowing blow by. I own a 2004 G35 coupe A/T btw. Thanks guys, i figure after reading on here that i will not start a new thread for most mechanical questions I may have as long as i spend HOURS searching for them on here searching for the answer first

Also, thought on the Injen - SP Series Cold Air Intake System ? I would prefer to get the NISMO intake system but i dont really want to spend $350+ on an intake system with the miles that is on the engine at this point, i really just want it to breathe better until i upgrade to another G35 with less miles in better shape, UNLESS i can justify the cost difference between buying another car and building it vs building the one I have now.... just looking for some solid input and intelligent opinions right now.
Adding a catch can won't impact oil consumption in any way so if that would be the primary reason you would add one don't waste your money. Also if you had done SECONDS searching for the intake question you'd realize they provide no gains added to a stock/mostly motor as it's the number one question asked by new members and there are literally thousands of posts/threads discussing this very subject. They actually rob the motor of power in a lot of situations as all they suck in is hot air. We feel your lack of desire to spend time searching but it is a forum rule, our search engine is pretty lame but Google will usually provide better direction in a fraction of a second.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:57 PM
stock G35 coupe
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Adding a catch can won't impact oil consumption in any way so if that would be the primary reason you would add one don't waste your money. Also if you had done SECONDS searching for the intake question you'd realize they provide no gains added to a stock/mostly motor as it's the number one question asked by new members and there are literally thousands of posts/threads discussing this very subject. They actually rob the motor of power in a lot of situations as all they suck in is hot air. We feel your lack of desire to spend time searching but it is a forum rule, our search engine is pretty lame but Google will usually provide better direction in a fraction of a second.
I value your constructive criticism as to why I asked the question here rather that add to the clutter of a new useless thread. I plan on adding exhaust and some other little tweaks and tuning the car as I have a guy that tunes cars on a regular and has a complete dyno set-up, all i need is to buy the necessary components to do so. I am not trying to go drastic with the car at this point but i would like to squeeze a little bit more performance out of the car for now. My future plans once my house sells and i relocate to my new property with my own shop space on site will to be pulling the car in and tearing it down and starting fresh with it if I decide to keep it and not buy another G with less miles and kindly starting over, BUT FWIW, I only have $2k invested in my current G so to me the better option would be to build what i have.... and I am also aware that adding an intake may be pointless without a tune, i got that from what I currently read in various places, but sometimes its better just asking a question in a thread like this one and getting some feedback rather that taking hours trying to search when time is limited. Thanks for your feedback!

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
Not having any luck so far on the tow hook cover search. Looked in all the likely places and no joy. I'll keep trying, but if you find another, grab it!

No prob thanks!

Old 11-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 G35 DE coupe
Originally Posted by GraysG35

My personal experience was my son's 2004 coupe had very little less than a quart of oil consumption in the 8 months or so before giving it to him. After a month of driving at the first oil change his car was 2 quarts low. I changed the PCV and oil consumption gone. Replace the PCV and see if it makes a difference in actual consumption.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:02 PM
stock G35 coupe
Originally Posted by jparker7269
My personal experience was my son's 2004 coupe had very little less than a quart of oil consumption in the 8 months or so before giving it to him. After a month of driving at the first oil change his car was 2 quarts low. I changed the PCV and oil consumption gone. Replace the PCV and see if it makes a difference in actual consumption.
Thanks for the advice, it’s worth a try! I’ll pick one up in the morning and change it out sometime this week when I find time and see what happens

The following users liked this post:
jparker7269 (11-26-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
I've got no heat. I got rid of all the air by having the shop use something similar to the lyle spill free funnel for 30 minutes. Now I have no heat at all. I recently went DDin back to stock finisher. I made sure to plug the finisher AC controls in. Is it the AC controller? I put the temp to 90 and it still blows cold air. I'm at a loss and it's below 20*, I really need heat.

Old 11-27-2018, 01:56 PM
I got no help for you, but I'm glad it's not 20 below. Below 20 sounds some bit better

Old 11-27-2018, 02:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 G35 DE coupe
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
I've got no heat. I got rid of all the air by having the shop use something similar to the lyle spill free funnel for 30 minutes. Now I have no heat at all. I recently went DDin back to stock finisher. I made sure to plug the finisher AC controls in. Is it the AC controller? I put the temp to 90 and it still blows cold air. I'm at a loss and it's below 20*, I really need heat.
Have you verified your blend door actuator is operating correctly?

Old 11-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by jparker7269
Have you verified your blend door actuator is operating correctly?
How does one check? Flip from 60 to 90 and listen?

Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
I got no help for you, but I'm glad it's not 20 below. Below 20 sounds some bit better
Ha

Old 11-27-2018, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer

I ran into the same issue. Using a spill free funnel is only part of the equation. In fact, it wouldn't work very much at all because it did absolutely nothing for me other than make sure I didn't re-introduce air in the system. I had to use the bleeder screw. Its a plastic screw just beside the battery. It's a plastic screw that is VERY easy to strip so when first loosening, make sure you do it very carefully. Here are the steps:

1. Set up the no spill funnel with fluid in it. Keep bleeder screw closed.
2. Start the car and blast your heat at 90 degrees. As you say it should be cold.
3. Break bleeder screw, you should see air bubbles. Break it just enough to let air escape and once the fluid starts to spill out CAREFULLY close again. Close just enough to stop any fluid from coming out.
4. Go back to the car and check if any or even some heat has returned.

Repeat 3-4 OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

I'm not kidding, depending on the amount of air that is in your system, you will have to do this a bunch of times. That air bleeding "chamber" is very small so everytime you release any air its not very much. You will need to repeat this many times. Gradually you should start to notice the heat coming on. Just keep going Don't just do this process 10 times thinking it hasn't worked. Really do this A LOT to make sure you remove any and all doubt. I must have done mine 20 times. That's cracking the bleeder screw, letting air out, going back to car to check heat, revving car some, cracking bleeder screw again etc etc etc. Of course you will need to keep an eye on your no spill funnel but nothing there should really change at all just make sure it isn't too full (From over expanding) and too low.

This is very important you rule this out for a few reasons. For one it's probably the most likely due to how common this happens. Also, it's basically free to do. you only need one the funnels and some of your antifreeze. That's all the cost is. And if it is the problem, it will be solved by doing this. So you can either rule out a serious problem or solve the problem for next to nothing. if you need any additional help on this feel free to email me at effimero89@gmail.com

Old 11-28-2018, 05:35 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Any easy way to adjust SPC front camber arms without having to disconnect a bunch of śhit?

I dont have enough space to get a wrench on top of the adjustment nut at the top.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Coupe Random Little Question Thread