Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Old 04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^that is beautiful

Originally Posted by G35er_in_TO
I live around Leslie and Steeles ... and don't really think I should divulge the location of this guys house (as I wouldn't want a bunch of G35 enthusiasts outside of my house at all hours of the day j/k). I want to respect this guys privacy.
i was epxecting that reply to the other post.. i would have felt the same way.

thank you for the good info.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nghiars
^^^that is beautiful

i was epxecting that reply to the other post.. i would have felt the same way.

thank you for the good info.
I agree... but at the same time what do you expect when you park a pre-production car in your driveway for everyone to see?

Old 04-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Can you tell me in technical terms how the 3.7VQ can fit into the coupe but not in the sedan when they both share the Nissan FM platforms?
probably won't fin UNDER the hood. height issue, perhaps.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DaveB
I don't believe this guy offers any real credibility as to what Infiniti says will be installed in future models. FYI, the coupe is lower to ground and has a lower hoodline than the sedan so how in the world is the VQ37 not going to fit in the sedan It's completely laughable. As for the variable valve train,those components sit forward of the heads and they have been using similiar variable valvetrain equipment on the prior VQs for years. A 0.2 liter increase in displacement is nothing when it comes to stroke or bore or both. Both cars share the same exact interior too and are based off the same exact FM chassis. Exact.

I will believe the information when Nissan or other reputable sources confirm the potential G37 sedan. I'm pretty confident Infiniti will introduce the VQ37 into upcoming sedans because that's their bread and butter car and HP sells. They have had their sites set on BMW's 3 series since the G's introduction and they're not short change the G sedan when trying to go up against the twin turbo 335i sedan. My guess is the G37 sedan will become somewhat of a high performance model of the G with a slightly lowered suspension, some mild body work, and 19" rims.

I mostly agree with you, but if the G37 coupe sits lower, wouldn't it make sense that the hood line is also lower? This proves nothing of what height of a motor the engine bay can accomodate. I do find it hard to accept that the stroked 3.5 would sit higher unless they are using a completely different intake manifold than the new sedan (which can't be proven by Jeff's little picture above due to the engine cover).

Last edited by b00stedjustin; 04-23-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
I mostly agree with you, but if the G37 coupe sits lower, wouldn't it make sense that the hood line is also lower?
You two are saying the same thing.

This proves nothing of what height of a motor the engine bay can accomodate. I do find it hard to accept that the stroked 3.5 would sit higher unless they are using a completely different intake manifold than the new sedan.
It's not about the block height. If you have READ anything, it's the valve acutation that people are suspecting that might make the engine taller. But someone already said the VQ35 and VQ37 are the same height.

But since I'm in educational mode:

Old 04-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Banned

It's not about the block height. If you have READ anything, it's the valve acutation that people are suspecting that might make the engine taller. But someone already said the VQ35 and VQ37 are the same height.

Then why did you have to add you little input fanboy? (yes this is rhetorical)

Old 04-23-2007, 03:46 PM

Man, that is one complex cam design. Hope it will be reliable.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Actually that's not a rhetocical question

But I'll answer for ya. Mostly because you continue to insert incorrect information ino just about any post you manage to type in.

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
Then why did you have to add you little input fanboy? (yes this is rhetorical)

Old 04-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's a little odd that such a nice ride would be sitting in such a dingy looking driveway? I mean, the cruddy cinderblock wall just doesn't make sense to me. Especially if the guy is working at the corporate/executive level where assumingly he'd be making solid six-figs. Furthermore, why would this car be parked so close to the wall, and really, shouldn't it be parked inside the garage instead? Also, if you live in Toronto (where it gets daaaamn cold), I couldn't imagine anyone parking their luxury automobile outside. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a cynic, because the photographic evidence does look somewhat authentic, but there's a lot wrong with this picture. Most importantly, given that the vehicle doesn't launch for another 3-4 months, I'd imagine it'd be nearly impossible for anyone not associated with the press to have their hands on this car so soon. There's just no way possible that "some guy" has one sitting in his driveway. I'm betting that even the top-tier execs wouldn't be able to get their hands on an early model.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by whtbst
Am I the only one who thinks it's a little odd that such a nice ride would be sitting in such a dingy looking driveway? I mean, the cruddy cinderblock wall just doesn't make sense to me. Especially if the guy is working at the corporate/executive level where assumingly he'd be making solid six-figs. Furthermore, why would this car be parked so close to the wall, and really, shouldn't it be parked inside the garage instead?
Uhh. We're in six figs and you should see my garage. It looks like crap, but what do I care, it's only where I park my car. Oh, and our house is only 1400sqft. Not everyone who makes money necessarily needs or wants a mcmansion. Also, that cinderblock wall is common in some parts of the country on homes big and small depending on the neighborhood.

Also, if you live in Toronto (where it gets daaaamn cold), I couldn't imagine anyone parking their luxury automobile outside.
Spoken like someone from south. Toronto in April is in the 50 during the day, and 30s at night. That's hardly daaaamn cold. It's similar type of weather as here in minneapolis/st paul and I park in front of our house all the time.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's a little odd that such a nice ride would be sitting in such a dingy looking driveway? I mean, the cruddy cinderblock wall just doesn't make sense to me. Especially if the guy is working at the corporate/executive level where assumingly he'd be making solid six-figs. Furthermore, why would this car be parked so close to the wall, and really, shouldn't it be parked inside the garage instead? Also, if you live in Toronto (where it gets daaaamn cold), I couldn't imagine anyone parking their luxury automobile outside..... There's just no way possible that "some guy" has one sitting in his driveway. I'm betting that even the top-tier execs wouldn't be able to get their hands on an early model.
No I dont think its odd. I have seen folks who are given cars by their companies and/or dealerships.... and most of them beat the hell out of them. Its not that they have payed out of their pocket for the car.

Somehow i knew that 3.7L engine wont make it to the 2008 model. It just does not make business sense for Nissan/Infiniti to spend RnD money to bump up HP on the same engine (2005 & 2006 model year).... only to replace it the next year. They might change it for the 2009 model.... but i dont see it happening for 08.... if it happens at all.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's a little odd that such a nice ride would be sitting in such a dingy looking driveway? I mean, the cruddy cinderblock wall just doesn't make sense to me. Especially if the guy is working at the corporate/executive level where assumingly he'd be making solid six-figs. Furthermore, why would this car be parked so close to the wall, and really, shouldn't it be parked inside the garage instead? Also, if you live in Toronto (where it gets daaaamn cold), I couldn't imagine anyone parking their luxury automobile outside. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a cynic, because the photographic evidence does look somewhat authentic, but there's a lot wrong with this picture. Most importantly, given that the vehicle doesn't launch for another 3-4 months, I'd imagine it'd be nearly impossible for anyone not associated with the press to have their hands on this car so soon. There's just no way possible that "some guy" has one sitting in his driveway. I'm betting that even the top-tier execs wouldn't be able to get their hands on an early model.
i would only add that the new g37 is prob. not as big a deal to the rest of the world as it is to this tiny microcasum we're involved with. to the rest of the world.. and prob this guy.. it's just another new car... so if we're throwing out ideas as to why he would let this shiny new second-coming of infiniti sit out in the elements next to that concrete fence.. because it's just another hunk of metal with four wheels!

bm

Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's a little odd that such a nice ride would be sitting in such a dingy looking driveway? I mean, the cruddy cinderblock wall just doesn't make sense to me. Especially if the guy is working at the corporate/executive level where assumingly he'd be making solid six-figs. Furthermore, why would this car be parked so close to the wall, and really, shouldn't it be parked inside the garage instead? Also, if you live in Toronto (where it gets daaaamn cold), I couldn't imagine anyone parking their luxury automobile outside. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a cynic, because the photographic evidence does look somewhat authentic, but there's a lot wrong with this picture.
I also feel that there is something amiss here, but at the same time, people with money don't always have to advertise to the world how much they have.

And as for the nice ride in a not so nice area, I remember a few years back (03 I think) when I was visiting a friend in NYC. We were on our way to visit some friends and I remember seeing a crisp CL500 Benz(the latest body style) lowered with chrome 20"....

......parked in a designated space for tenants in the projects.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Awww...now I feel bad for bashing on cinderblocks! LOL, I suppose the point I was making is that the new Coupe belongs in a climate controlled garage with walls made of padded silk, not concrete

And yeah, for me, 20-30 degrees is daaaamn cold (dopey), especially having lived in so-cal for the past five years, I've only been in the south for several months. Again, I just couldn't imagine leaving such a beauty outside in the cold like that, just like I wouldn't leave my pets outside either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3.7L in Sedan - Not Happening