G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

3.7L in Sedan - Not Happening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35er_in_TO
I don't really want to harass this guy, but he did say he would take me for a drive when he gets the pre-release GTR.
I don't blame you. Thanks for the pics and info. Looking forward to the GTR pics.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info and pictures OP!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by CardsDG6MT
Thanks for the info, G35er_in_TO.
I agree that the ever increasing scope of the 'discussion' killed whatever excitment I had for the couple of snaps you shared.
I hope that you are not derailed from posting pics and info when finally you see that GT-R parked outside, next to the cinderblock wall at your neighbor's house.
No .. no .. I'll still post the pics when he gets the GTR ... but I just won't be adding very much commentary on what this guy "tells me"

Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by jackygor
Thanks for the info and pictures OP!
Sorry ... I'm really new to this forum thing, so please don't think I'm retarded for asking - but, what does "OP" stand for?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:59 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Sorry ... I'm really new to this forum thing, so please don't think I'm retarded for asking - but, what does "OP" stand for?
original poster

Old 04-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
original poster
gotcha ... thanks

Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
gotcha ... thanks
np (no problem)

Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 AM
the new engine should fit the 07 sedan. after all, we can fit a 2.2 liter engine onto an integra which only has a 1.8 liter engine stock. not only that, a non-vtec b18b engine is the exact same size as a b18c vtec engine. but thats honda. they are better at buiding motors.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
the new engine should fit the 07 sedan. after all, we can fit a 2.2 liter engine onto an integra which only has a 1.8 liter engine stock. not only that, a non-vtec b18b engine is the exact same size as a b18c vtec engine. but thats honda. they are better at buiding motors.
What does the quality of the motor have to do with how the engine fits.. and how does different 4-bangers fitting in an integra help answer the question about the G37 fitting in the sedan.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some of you guys are real azzholes. Where's the moderators when you need one.

G35er_in_TO gives us some information as an FYI, never stated it as fact, and backs it with proof that he's not lying about the G37. and you idiots start to bash him? what's wrong with you? you discourage others from posting information and pics because of your asinine assault just because you don't believe it.

Take a deep breath and then try and use some common sense. Try and come up with even just ONE reason would Infiniti would stick a G37 engine in the just released and completely redesigned G35 Sedan? It's stupid, and doesn't fit in the logical model of car cycles. When has Nissan/Infiniti in the past made stupid moves like that? Leave that to the American car companies to do things this dumb, i.e. Lincoln who can't even name their cars.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by kring

G35er_in_TO gives us some information as an FYI, never stated it as fact, and backs it with proof that he's not lying about the G37. and you idiots start to bash him? what's wrong with you? you discourage others from posting information and pics because of your asinine assault just because you don't believe it.

Take a deep breath and then try and use some common sense. Try and come up with even just ONE reason would Infiniti would stick a G37 engine in the just released and completely redesigned G35 Sedan? It's stupid, and doesn't fit in the logical model of car cycles. When has Nissan/Infiniti in the past made stupid moves like that? Leave that to the American car companies to do things this dumb, i.e. Lincoln who can't even name their cars.
Thanks kring - appreciate it

Old 04-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned

+++1000000000

Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
these two instances are completely incomparable. This makes your whole argument bogus.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=but thats honda. they are better at buiding motors.[/QUOTE]

The motor in my Honda snow blower didn't start the one time I needed it this year. I think that runs on the 1.8 vtec

Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Staff Alumni

This thread doesn't need moderation. People have different opinions. It hasn't gotten out of hand yet.

And there are strong arguments for putting the G37 in the sedan.

One: the coupe, sedan, and z have shared the same drivetrain since inception. Why change that now?

Two: it's more economical to share the same engine across the entire platform. As has been stated before: economics of scale.

Three: when the G35 was originally introduced(as a sedan, I might add), it's largest value proposition versus the competition was it's power and torque. That's no longer the case. The IS350 is a faster vehicle, as is the 335. Just being a cheaper product isn't going to sell as many cars as being cheaper and faster.

Pretty logical to me, and many others share the same opinion.

But then you come into this thread, broadly call people *******s and stupid. Then you claim the idea of putting the 3.7 into the sedan as stupid as well?

You seem to have a closed mind. Maybe I should watch your posts for potential moderation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3.7L in Sedan - Not Happening