G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

3.7L in Sedan - Not Happening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35er_in_TO
You know what - I would take the word of someone w/ no engineering background, and no afiliation w/ Infiniti any day of the week. If you say its so - it must be so
And you know my background information how? It also doesn't take an engineer to understand that they punched out the existing 3.5 block to a 3.7 via the stroke.
Yes... I am also an engineer... but in computer electronics. I was an ASE certified mechanic back in the 70's.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:33 PM
... and by the way - I never once said what I was stating was "FACT" - I merely stated what I was told. Clean your ears (or your eyes) ...

Your own words again..

"The engine is too big. That should answer everyone's question as to why Infiniti decided to go w/ a 3.5 for the sedan and a 3.7 for the coupe."

Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Guys, let's settle down here. There is no need for this thread to turn ugly.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by CarNutz
Your own words again..

"The engine is too big. That should answer everyone's question as to why Infiniti decided to go w/ a 3.5 for the sedan and a 3.7 for the coupe."
Its funny that you left out the beginning of my quote:

He also went on to tell me that the 3.7 litre engine will never make it into the sedan as it WON'T FIT. The engine is too big. That should answer everyone's question as to why Infiniti decided to go w/ a 3.5 for the sedan and a 3.7 for the coupe.

I agree w/ Garnet on this one - my intent for posting this was to spread info that I received, not to debate its accuracy w/ the rest of the world (i.e. questioning the legitimacy of the pictures, the likely hood of the guy I spoke to being part of Corporate PLanning because of the size of his house, the logistics of where the car was parked, etc) . If you agree/disagree, I really don't care. I think its important to discuss things, but just don't attack me personally. By doing so, you deter me and others from posting anything on here (out of fear that they will be attacked), and no one really benefits at the end of the day.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Since we all know the 3.7L won't fit... I bet they squeeze in a 3.6L for next year... then with a redesign in a couple of years, manage to squeeze in the 3.7L... or at least like 3.65L or so... maybe a taller hood to make it fit. Or smaller wheels if they have to... relocate the steering rack. Maybe only the rear wheels will steer... heck, then they could fit in a V8. But only like 3.6 liters or so...

Old 04-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Its funny that you left out the beginning of my quote:

He also went on to tell me that the 3.7 litre engine will never make it into the sedan as it WON'T FIT. The engine is too big. That should answer everyone's question as to why Infiniti decided to go w/ a 3.5 for the sedan and a 3.7 for the coupe.

I agree w/ Garnet on this one - my intent for posting this was to spread info that I received, not to debate its accuracy w/ the rest of the world (i.e. questioning the legitimacy of the pictures, the likely hood of the guy I spoke to being part of Corporate PLanning because of the size of his house, the logistics of where the car was parked, etc) . If you agree/disagree, I really don't care. I think its important to discuss things, but just don't attack me personally. By doing so, you deter me and others from posting anything on here (out of fear that they will be attacked), and no one really benefits at the end of the day.
Just look up a few posts where I did quote your whole post.. If you would have worded it differently instead of saying things like

"That should answer everyone's question as to why Infiniti decided to go w/ a 3.5 for the sedan and a 3.7 for the coupe."

You could have just passed along his opinion, not build it up as a definitive answer to everyones question. Does that make sense to you.. You would have gotten a lot less hostile posts..

Old 04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Just look up a few posts where I did quote your whole post.. If you would have worded it differently instead of saying things like

"That should answer everyone's question as to why Infiniti decided to go w/ a 3.5 for the sedan and a 3.7 for the coupe."

You could have just passed along his opinion, not build it up as a definitive answer to everyones question. Does that make sense to you.. You would have gotten a lot less hostile posts..
Do you suffer from depression .. fatigue ??? May I suggest you see a doctor to overcome this enraged need to be right and prove your point?

My time is too valuable to waste on you ... this conversation is over

Old 04-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Do you suffer from depression .. fatigue ??? May I suggest you see a doctor to overcome this enraged need to be right and prove your point?

My time is too valuable to waste on you ... this conversation is over
So facts upset you.. thanks for the laugh..

Old 04-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I thought only women bickered over stupid things like this. You guys are ridiculous!

Old 04-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So facts upset you.. thanks for the laugh..

Old 04-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
great write up. i wish i had the internal pull like that from Infiniti.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I typically don't believe stories such as the OP's, but in this case, I can see this being completely true. The VVEL has to take up some space, so it is entirely possible that it will not fit.

Wow. Could you imagine if he didn't post pics?

Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by muscarel
I typically don't believe stories such as the OP's, but in this case, I can see this being completely true. The VVEL has to take up some space, so it is entirely possible that it will not fit.
The 35HR already uses continuously variable valve timing control (CVTC) for intake side and a electromagnetic valve timing control (e-VTC) for exhaust side, so there is already room for these technologies. If you look under the hood, the valve covers are low and to the side with room if they were enlarged.. I doubt this will be an issue.
The coupe is the performance version... more HP help sells cars. The sedan doesn't need a 3.7 to sell.. it's doing fine without it.
I also don't see the 3.7 as much of an improvement.. at least not on paper.. The torque is about the same and those extra ponies are riding up high in the rpm band..

Old 04-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by muscarel

Wow. Could you imagine if he didn't post pics?
+10000, but the fact that this guy does have pictures probably lead to this heated debate. If he hadn't posted pictures, this may have been blown off as just another "rumor".

Old 04-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info, G35er_in_TO.
I agree that the ever increasing scope of the 'discussion' killed whatever excitment I had for the couple of snaps you shared.
I hope that you are not derailed from posting pics and info when finally you see that GT-R parked outside, next to the cinderblock wall at your neighbor's house.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3.7L in Sedan - Not Happening