G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

3.7L in Sedan - Not Happening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CarNutz
It's the same engine.. same size... only bored out or stroked.. Same block and everything..
Just because he works at Infiniti.. doesn't mean his word is gospel. I doubt he knows all the plans and current engineering capablilities of the corporation.
I'll respond to this one last time - I'M JUST TELLING YOU WAHT HE TOLD ME. TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks man for keeping your eyes open !!!

GREAT FIND

ppp

Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35er_in_TO
I'll respond to this one last time - I'M JUST TELLING YOU WAHT HE TOLD ME. TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS.
Dude, chill out. Most of the discussion occurring in this thread is amongst the members themselves. We're now discussing the likelihood of engine sharing. This doesn't reflect on you.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Dude, chill out. Most of the discussion occurring in this thread is amongst the members themselves. We're now discussing the likelihood of engine sharing. This doesn't reflect on you.
I'm coolio man ...

Old 04-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And we all know the only reason to own a coupe is because it looks expensive.

No, but in those pics the OP put up, the G37 looks terrible. Easily in the top ten of worst redesigns of a car in history.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i were G35er_in_TO, i'd feel the same way. most of the negative posts appear (but not necessarily are) to be directed at him. that'll teach him to try to contribute something to this forum..

G35er_in_TO, ya may just be better off keeping it to yourself next time!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
How dare you pass along information to try and inform the other org members!! Just because the guy works at Infiniti corporate, there's no way he would know better than the folks on this board - shame on you!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:33 AM
https://g35driver.com/forums/attachm...5&d=1177346572

Is that cutout in the bottom lower right of the mesh for Inteligent Cruise?
That would just add to the reasons I wdnt wanna get ICC... but they combine that into a package which gives you Adaptive headlights, which is cool! Too bad you can't skip the ICC and just get Adaptive Lights seperate.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
https://g35driver.com/forums/attachm...5&d=1177346572

Is that cutout in the bottom lower right of the mesh for Inteligent Cruise?
That would just add to the reasons I wdnt wanna get ICC... but they combine that into a package which gives you Adaptive headlights, which is cool! Too bad you can't skip the ICC and just get Adaptive Lights seperate.
Yes - this model was the Sport w/ Nav + Tech. Tech comes w/ ICC, Adaptive Headlights, and Rearview camera (just like the sedan).

Old 04-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by htownboy
Can you picture VVEL sitting on top of the cams and covers? No details, just imagine; it's not so hard to do...
Ok? Why would I have to imagine anything when I just got done POSTING PICTURES of the new engine +

Originally Posted by Sukairain
FIY: VQ35HR & VQ37HR - external dimension is exactly the same. The difference is only the stroke length. (81.4mm --> 86mm) to add the additional 200ml of displacement.

Not doubting your credibility at all, the picture says it all. One thing I've learned over my years is that manufacturers would never use the word "NEVER" because they will manufacture whatever sells.

Thanks for the heads up, real world pictures of the G37 is very nice. (doesn't really change my impression of it though)

Old 04-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Your original post

"He also went on to tell me that the 3.7 litre engine will never make it into the sedan as it WON'T FIT. The engine is too big. That should answer everyone's question as to why Infiniti decided to go w/ a 3.5 for the sedan and a 3.7 for the coupe."

I just posted the fact that the 3.7 uses the same block as the 3.5. and it will fit. No need to shout at me because you quoted some hear-say as fact.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:25 PM
TMQ
I don't know why people get so worked up about information that's passed on. Any one can be wrong, and product planning people change their minds all the time, but there is no need to criticize the messenger.

Infiniti probably won't be happy to see this type of reaction to the yet to be released coupe. Gen1 G coupe is a tough act to follow, but I'm sure Gen2 will drive better, if not looking better. Look wise, It's hard for me to tell how different is it in side profile. The front is better with L shaped lights, but the rear lights probably should have stayed with the Gen 1 style (which the new sedan actually picked up.)

Old 04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by CarNutz
Your original post

"He also went on to tell me that the 3.7 litre engine will never make it into the sedan as it WON'T FIT. The engine is too big. That should answer everyone's question as to why Infiniti decided to go w/ a 3.5 for the sedan and a 3.7 for the coupe."

I just posted the fact that the 3.7 uses the same block as the 3.5. and it will fit. No need to shout at me because you quoted some hear-say as fact.
You know what - I would take the word of someone w/ no engineering background, and no afiliation w/ Infiniti any day of the week. If you say its so - it must be so

Old 04-24-2007, 12:54 PM
... and by the way - I never once said what I was stating was "FACT" - I merely stated what I was told. Clean your ears (or your eyes) ...

Old 04-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
... and by the way - I never once said what I was stating was "FACT" - I merely stated what I was told. Clean your ears (or your eyes) ...
You sure are taking it personal

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3.7L in Sedan - Not Happening